Home / Christian Website Hosting / Christian Domain Names / Christian Search Engine

Christian Message Boards

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 27, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Overwhelmed

The last several months have been overwhelmingly stressful. Hubby has has his foot in a cast for three months and has had surgery on his foot three weeks ago. I still have my hand in a splint from a broken finger. Hubby can’t walk, so I am pushing him around in a wheelchair.

As if that is enough, some unexpected financial issues have come up. When things like this happen we are tempted to be discouraged. The devil can use these times to discourage us.

Watching the Presidential debates, has been stressful for most of us.
Yet we can remind ourselves that while Christians are no longer respected, we are children of the one true God. We can find comfort in our relationship with God. He is our source of strength.
Betty

Have a tiny squirrel on my bird feeder. Always makes me happy.

“Promise #300:
Jesus is happy to share His inheritance with you.

Romans 8:16-17 (WEB)
16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God;
17 and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ;
if indeed we suffer with him, that we may also be glorified with him.”

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3931 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday 27, 2020
Happy Monday,

Where Is My Peace?

This world is unsettled in almost every area. We do not know if and when we are going to be guaranteed again. We do not know who will be President next year. Will be able to attend Church next year? Will our Pastors be able to Preach the truth of God? Will we be canceled on Social Media for quoting Scripture that some people are offended by?

We can be tempted to cry out to God, ”where is our peace?” Our peace does not come from this world. Our peace comes from God. Remember this is not our home. Heaven is our home. The world hated Jesus and the world today hates the truth of the Gospel. If you speak the truth, you will be considered ignorant and you will be hated.

God has warned us of these last days. He said evil will abound. It looks like evil is winning. This can be discouraging, but let us go to the end of the Book of the Revelations and you will see God will win the war and evil will be defeated. Keep your faith secure in God and your eyes on your coming award in Heaven.

Philippians 4:7King James Version7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3931 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 25, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”I Believe In Science”

A great composer, from the ’60s, said recently that he believes in Science. He has no faith in God but plants his faith in Science.

Romans 1:25 ”Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.”

Science exists, but science was created by God. God told us there would be those who chose to worship the creation and deny the Creator of all things.

They refuse the truth and instead choose to walk in darkness. Denying the existence of God. They chose not to walk in truth but walk the path of lies created by the devil.

Psalms 82:5 ”They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.”

Their eyes have been blinded by God because they rejected the truths of God and embraced the lies of the devil. This man talked about how honest Vice-President Biden is. Biden has told so many lies that the poor man is confused.

This composer is an example of the liberals who have drunk the devil’s kool-aid and can no longer recognize the truth. They have changed the names of sins to hide the evil behind the sin. Planned Parenthood is the worse. Pro-choice for those who believe sacrificing babies for personal gain is considered a noble right.

The liberals applaud a man who believes it is acceptable to transform an 8-year-old boy into a girl by medication that would stop the child from going into natural purbity. Only God knows what is going to happen to these children when they reach adulthood.

Since the beginning of time, a baby's gender was determined at birth. Now mankind wants to replace man or woman with a hundred varieties of genders. The truth of a baby's body parts are ignored and people are buying into the lies of the devil. You wanted a girl but you had a boy so you choose to turn your boy into a girl. Only God knows the damage that is done into forcing a child into denying their physical body to accept the wishes of a parent.

We look at the evil around us and wonder how things can get worse and the devil takes that as a challenge and produces more evil. Every man and woman must choose who they will believe- God's truth or the devil's lies. The decision will affect mankind's destination for eternity.

Joshua 24:15

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

Revelation 22:12 - 22:13
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 24, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Compromise; Yes or No?

There are times that we should compromise. In marriage, there should be a compromise between husbands and wives. When one party gives in all the time, bitterness will grow. Bitterness will destroy the foundation of a marriage.

Parenting requires compromise. If we are too demanding over our children they will become bitter. As I look back to my parenting days, I find that I often made too big a deal out of the little things.

One area we should never compromise is God’s Holy and sin. It is not our place to change the Word of God to be seeker-friendly. Not should we indulge in what we think of as little sins. Sin always takes us further than we ever planned to go.

We will be more at peace when we obey God and His Holy Word. Let us seek to walk as close as we can to God and not try to straddle the fence; not have one leg in the world and one leg in Christianity.
Betty

Ephesians 5:15-16King James Version15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Ephesians 5:15-16
King James Version
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 22, 2020
Happy Thursday,

In all Circumstances

Today my brain is lagging behind a bit, hindering my thought process. We all have days when we do not feel our best. These times it is good to draw closer to God. To lean on him for physical and mental strength. God is always willing to give us His attention and strengthen us.

Everybody goes through something in this world. It is hard not to question God for why we are facing a certain difficulty. God wants us to trust Him enough to be willing to walk the path He has chosen for us, without complaining. When we release our fears and trust Him completely in our circumstances, we will find peace.

Everyone has a different path, but God loves all His children the same. There is no favoritism. His love for us is perfect. When we stop comparing our difficulties with others, we can relax and walk in peace with God.

God has with us since the moment we got saved. Through every trial and through every success. He has been our cheerleader, our source of strength, and in times of grief, our comforter. God will not abandon not forsake us.
Betty

I've had many tears and sorrows
I've had questions for tomorrow
There's been times I didn't know right from wrong
But in every situation
God gave me blessed consolation
That my trials come to only make me strong

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word

I've been to lots of places
I've seen a lot of faces
There's been times I felt so all alone
But in my lonely hours
Yes, those precious lonely hours
Jesus lets me know that I was His own

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 21, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

This Election is Dividing America

A Michigan Pastor resigns because his flock are Trump supporters. His question to the Church was: ”What would Jesus do?” In my opinion, the Pastor has lost his way. Where would Jesus stand on abortion? The Bible makes it clear that God hates those who shed innocent blood. You cannot get more innocent than unborn babies.

President Trump is in office because God wanted him to be. In a previous church I attended for many years, the Pastor told the Church to vote for Hillary.
I honestly, do not think the Pastor should be telling the congregation who to vote for. Rather tell the flock to vote for the person that stands by Bible principals.

I am more afraid of this election than any other. If Trump wins there will be rioting in the streets. If Biden wins, America will be under the judgment of God.
What do we do? We pray, pray, pray. Pray for God to guide us to vote correctly. Pray that America repents of her many sins. No matter who wins, Christians, we are still walking with God. He will never abandon us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 20, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Open the Eyes of Pastors to Your Truths

Sadly, there are Churches where Pastoral leaders are more concerned about social issues than sin issues. Where the lead Pastors tell the Church to vote for those who care more about social injustice then Biblical Issues. Where Pastor have no problem telling the flock to vote for candidates that support freedom of choice, gay marriage, and giving hormone drugs to 8 years old to stop puberty.

This Country is headed towards judgment and sadly there are Pastors of mega and small Churches that are going to be judged by God for supporting Politicians who make laws that make sin legal.

This Country could be given four more years to change or we could see the America go straight into judgment. This all depends on the election results. The best thing we can do is pray and vote.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 19, 2020
Happy Monday,

”Let it Begin With Me”

Jill Jackson
Let there be peace on earth,
and let it begin with me;
let there be peace on earth,
the peace that was meant to be.

With God our creator,
family all are we.
Let us walk with each other
in perfect harmony.*

We have no control over what is happening around us. We cannot even control our family members. We can control our response to others. Just because someone reacts in anger does not mean we have to follow suit. Our problems happen when our response is on a hair-trigger. We are better off being quiet for a moment and taking time for silent prayer.i

When we stop and seek help from God we make it possible for our reaction to come from love and not from anger. In the heat of the moment refuse to give an answer. Say you will respond after you spend some time with God. We have everything to gain when we seek the face of God, instead of reacting in the heat of the moment.

We want our reactions to be pleasing to God. We weaken our testimony when we make a habit of reacting in anger and strife. Let us pray that we learn to react in God’s love toward those around us.
Betty

Son, daughter in law and grandbaby came yesterday. Made the day. The last weeks have been hectic with my broken finger and hubby surgery on his foot. Our daughter and son with their mates have been a great blessing to us.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 18, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

I Got This, or Do I?

One of the devil’s tricks is to convince us that we are spiritually prepared. He keeps us too busy to read the Bible and pray and then tells us that we can win the battle against sin in our flesh. We may feel confidant, only to collapse on the floor, tangled up in a sin we were never meant to commit.

God warned us the battle against sin is not a physical battle fault against other people, but the devil and his demons.

Ephesians 6:11-12King James Version11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The devil may use people against us, but the power behind them is the devil. We must prepare ourselves spirituality so that we can stand firm in the truth of God’s Word. Women are given an extra warning to be careful of false teachers. I do not think it is because we are weaker. I have found that as women we are more apt to read books that promise spiritual growth. There are a lot of good books out there that are Bible-based and great. Some books appear to be good but the writer sprinkles just enough truth to trick us and then leads us into false doctrine.

At the first sign, the writer has left the truth of the Gospel, throw the book away. Let us not fill our minds with half-truths and flat out lies from the devil. There is only one Gospel. Contrary to popular belief God has not changed His mind on sin. He has not brought ’white’ witches into the Church to do His work. Run from false Gospel.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 17, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Living In A Evil World

1 Peter 5:8-11 8 Be [a]sober, be [b]vigilant; [c]because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But [d]may the God of all grace, who called [e]us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, [f]perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

God has prepared us for living in an evil world. We must be steadfast in our faith, so we are not led astray by false teaching and doctrine. Remember, the devil can make lies seem like truth. Verify every teaching with the Bible. The Bible should be the authority in our lives.

God has not changed His mind on sin. Sin is still sin. Nor, has God added to the Gospel so-called new truths. The Bible is our firm foundation. In His Word, we find the way is salvation and the truths we need to stay faithful to God even in a world where beliefs change with the tides.

When we suffer, remember we are not alone. God is with us and if we seek His Face, He will help us to stand strong even in the strongest storm. Praise His Name amid the storm and we will be strengthened by the grace of God. Knowing that our suffering is temporary and victory will be us through the grace of our Heavenly Father.

Keep your eyes on the prize of eternal life in Heaven, where there will be no temptation nor suffering. Praise God!

Romans 15:13, NASB: "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13, NLT: "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 16, 2020
Happy Friday,

Insignificant

Promise #289:
If I look after the sparrows, I will certainly look after you.

Luke 12:6-7 (WEB)
6 “Aren’t five sparrows sold for two assaria coins? Not one of them is forgotten by God.
7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore don’t be afraid.
You are of more value than many sparrows.

In the scheme of things, we can begin to feel insignificant. We see others around us, who seem so much more important. Our work for God pales in comparison to others. The devil can cause us to become discouraged and even want to quit.

When we remind ourselves of the wondrous God we serve and the great sacrifice that Jesus made for us, we can be encouraged to work for God. If you are in a dessert a cup of water can be greater than the largest steak. We are not able to see how God can take our little work and brings forth big dividends.

Let us not compare our work to others, but be faithful and do our work for God with a grateful heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 15, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Heavenly Father.

We begin each day with a blank page. Of course, we may have plans for the day, but help us to begin the day with praise on our lips to You, Our Heavenly Father. Help us to be thankful for each day. May we seek to honor You with our words and actions. Because of Your mercy and grace, we are indeed a blessed people.

Be with every Christian who is suffering for their faith. Give them courage and peace. Be with all your children raining showers of blessings over them and their families. We long with a deep need to see the rapture happen soon, so we can praise You face to face.
In Jesus’ Name, we pray,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 14, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Hurry Up And Wait

Got up at 5 a.m. Yesterday, to be at the VA for the COVID nonsense. Suppose to be in day surgery at 8. They took him to surgery at 2:30.
Very long and nerve-wracking day, by I, have to say God was with us.
Surgery ended up being 2 hours instead of one.

We cannot always control our circumstances, but we can trust God to be with us. In the midst of frustrationng circumstances, God gives us peace. Ronnie got through the surgery just fine. I praise His Name and give Him all the glory.

I pray that God will be with you today and fill your hearts and minds with His peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2020
Happy Monday,

With the struggles going on in the world, we can still find pettiness annoying. Sadly, we Christians we can be just as petty as none Christians. For one thing, we are a creature of habit. We tend to park in the same parking space at Church. We sit on the same seat at Church. Someone gets in our space and we can become annoyed and even angry.

How sad that we would allow such petty things to put us in a state so that our worship does not come from a thankful heart and the Sermon goes over our head. We can keep this from happening by praying on the way to Church that God would give us a loving heart and a mind prepared to hear what God has for us.

It is a goal of the devil to cause us to sin and to be preoccupied when we come to God’s House. We can nip the devil’s plan in the bud by coming to God’s House, with a grateful heart, filled with praises to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 11, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Tired and Undone

We have days when we wake up feeling undone. We have no incentive to do anything. We still love God but our heart is not in serving Him and we would rather just go back to bed and pull the covers over our heads.

We have not lost our faith. We are just physically and emotionally tired. We are tempted to hide from God. God sees our situation and He loves us. Just as you see a toddler run into their mother’s arms for comfort, God is calling out for us to run to Him.

Matthew 11:28 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

There are times that we need to rest in God. We need to allow God to renew our strength. To feel us up with His love and mercy. When we are renewed in Christ, then we can be used by God to help restore others in love.

Isaiah 40:31 New King James Version (NKJV)31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,They shall walk and not faint.

Romans 12:2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Do not be ashamed or fearful of admitting your weakness to God. He knows us more than we know ourselves. He knows we are frail and weak. He calls us to come to Him for a renewal of our strength. He will never turn us away.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 10, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Ephesians 4:26King James Version26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

In the last four years, we have seen how evil people can be. The President has been under attack since the day of the election. We have seen men and women acting in evil ways to express their displeasure. Unfortunately, this causes us to be angry. I got a three-day ban from Facebook for expressing my anger at Harris for her stand on abortion.

As bad as abortion is, my name-calling was shameful. I should have remembered Ephesians 4:26. Until the election, we will see more anger and if Trump is elected, things will get worse. We must learn to allow God to guide us in our reaction to the hate from the left.

The next couple of months will be stressful, but we can be strong in God. We can pray that God will help us to be angry and sin, not.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 9, 2020
Happy Friday,

We all go through hard times. This doesn't mean God has forsaken. Take courage, God is with us. He will never leave us or abandon us. In difficultly rest in God and trust in His promises. Let us encourage one another, spreading hope in God and His love for us. Praying always for each other and our lost loved ones. Do not give up. Our future is secure in the hands of God.
Betty

Hebrews 13:5King James Version5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 7, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

We Are The Offspring of God

”Promise #280:
Your life comes from Me because you are My offspring.”

Acts 17:28 (WEB)
‘For in him we live, and move, and have our being.’
As some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also his offspring.’

Is there anything better than God calling us His offspring? Offspring of the most high God. When the devil comes to us and tries to make us feel worthless, let us us remind ourselves that God has adopted us His children.

”Colossians 1:15-17 says this about Jesus...
15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things are held together. (WEB)”

We can make this race. We can triumph and finish this race and hear God say ”Well done, my faithful servant ”. There is nothing better than this. Hang in there my friends, the race is almost over and soon we will be entered into the gates of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 6, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Let Go and Let God

Some battles that come are away are too strong for us. Sometimes we just have to stop fighting and turn it over to God. It is not a sign of weakness to admit that we are over our heads. God wants us to give our struggles over to Him.

Matthew 11:28 King James Version28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

In the midst of our battle, we can find rest and peace in the arms of God. We can stop fighting and seek God for a solution to our crisis. He knows the future and He has a plan for us.

Jeremiah 29:11-13King James Version11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

If you are struggling today, remember that you are not alone. Cry out to Jesus and seek His help.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 4, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Called out of Darkness

John 8:12King James Version12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jesus has called us out of the darkness. The world is filled with temporary pleasures that are surrounded in the darkness of sin. The devil makes sin seem delightful in our eyes. We may even be tempted to stray from the safety of God’s wings to taste a little sin.

My friends, nothing good will ever come out of sin. The devil is not interested in giving you pleasure. His only desire is to tempt us to sin against our Heavenly Father. Playing in the devil's playgrounds will only leave us with scars. The longer we stay in sin, the more our lives will be effective by sin.

Our goal should be to stand as far away from sin as we can. Living to close to sin, will only bring us pain. I pray that we understand the value of our redemption and seek to stay as close to God as we can.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 3, 2020
Happy Saturday,

A New Touch

Isaiah 40:31Living Bible 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Lord Jesus,

Your children are going weary and tired. Some of us have even wondered if you have forgotten Your promise to come and get us and take us to Heaven. We live in a world that people reject those and pity those who trust Your Holy Word and still believe it's truth. We see even young people being physically and emotionally attacked, for standing up for the truth of Your precious Word.

It is easy for us to become dismayed and depressed. Today we come to You, seeking a fresh an anointing of your Holy Spirit. We ask you to clean out the cowbells in our souls that have developed from our neglect of feeding our souls on Your Holy Word. Wash all the negatives out of our mind and fill us with your mighty Holy Spirit.

Teach us again how to walk in Your Spiritual Truths. Help us to stop listening to the lies of the devil and to remember that He is the father of lies. We want to walk in a way that is pleasing to You, but to do so, we need you help daily. We love you and want to serve you with a kind and gentle heart. Teach us, God, how to accomplish this. Forgive us of our sins and make us pure with Your precious Blood.
Amen,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 2, 2020
Happy Friday,

Limited Vision

1 Corinthians 13:12King James Version12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

For now, we have limited vision. We do not seem the devil’s demons roaming around us, seeking to tempt us. We are not aware of the many times God has changed our plans to protect us from danger.

Now, we have a limited view of Heaven. John tried to describe Heaven, but he did not have the words to describe the glories of Heaven. Our minds cannot imagine the rich, colorful, glories of Heaven.

Today we see evil abound. It is hard to understand why God allows such evil to grow unchecked. What we do not see is that God is allowing the world to spin into the deepness of sin because is the desire of many sinners. The world is being prepared for judgment. We see evil people prosper, but their day of judgment is coming. Our glorious day of Heaven awaits us. Remind ourselves when we feel overwhelmed, that soon will leave all the cares and persecution of this life behind, and meet Jesus in the clouds. Rejoice in this knowledge of what is coming for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 1, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Pray for Wisdom

Colossians 1:9King James Version9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

These days, we need wisdom from God. In some places in America and Europe, it is hard to find a Church where the truth of the Gospel is preached. We may think that false teaching will not affect us, but if we listen every week to false teaching, we will be affected.

We need to hear the truth so that we are able to walk in truth. Cotton candy preaching is not going to prepare us for the world today. Sadly sin is creeping into Churches today and the people are unaware.
I saw a video of a scadly clothed woman pole dancing in front of young children in Sunday School. This is a disgrace. What kind of Church condoms this behavior? This is sin played out in God’s House!

We must seek the Wisdom that God can give us, so that we can flee from Churches that have left the Gospel of Christ, and turned to entertaining the flock. To survive these days we need to be feeding on the meat of the Gospel.

Let us pray daily that God will give us Godly Wisdom and Spirutual understanding of His Holy Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 30, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Don't Lose Heart!

John 16:33King James Version33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

If you watched the debate last night, you are probably like me, disgusted by both candidates. Both behaved badly. It was an embarrassment to our Country. Yet we have to vote one of them. I still believe abortion should be our primary concern.

These are days of natural disasters, civil disobedience, and, lawlessness. It is easy to become discouraged. We should pray for our Country and vote. Whatever happens, we must remember that God is in control. Just like the rest of the world, America is coming to a time of judgment. We may have hard times before the rapture, but God will never abandon His children. Remind yourself every day that God is with you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 29, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Is Satan Winning?

Promise #271:
I will soon crush the evil one under your feet.

Romans 16:20 (WEB)
And the God of peace will quickly crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.1

With evil increasing at an alarming rate, we can become concerned that the devil is winning. God did not leave us clueless. He has not only told us that the devil will lose but God has shown us the devil’s future in a lake of fire.

Satan will win battles but he has already lost the war. Let us not become bogged down in despair but live in victory. The victory that Jesus won for us with His own blood. We can walk in peace with praises to our God and Savior, knowing that we will spend eternity with our Lord and Savior.

The devil seeks to discourage us, but do as King David said to do, encourage ourselves in the Lord. Our hope is not in mankind but our hope is in God. Press onward for the prize of Heaven.
Betty
Been enjoying the squirrels at my bird feeder.

1 web

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 28, 2020
Happy Monday,

Promise or A Warning

Malachi 3:6King James Version6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Some Bible promises are a promise of hope and a warning of evil. When anyone tells you that God talked to them and told them a sin is no longer a sin, run as fast as you can from the. If God says something is a sin, it is still a sin.

On the other hand when Jesus says that we can be able to escape the wrath to come, He meant it. He is coming to take His children before the tribulation. Just as God protected Noah from the flood, He will remove the Church before the tribulation.

We can trust the promises of God. His Words are engraved in stone.
We can rest securely in His promises.

Numbers 23:19 King James Version19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

The devil has convinced many people that sins are no longer sin. The worst of all is Christian leaders, Preachers, and Teachers praying a blessing over Planned Parenthood. God does not hear evil prayers. When two heartbeats enter a building and one heartbeat comes out, murder has been committed. Contrary to the worldly beliefs, God has not ordained people to murder babies in the womb.

God is sending His Son to get His children. We can rest in the promise of the rapture and feel secure in its truth. We must hold on to the truth of God’s Word and not let the devil to cause us to doubt the promises of God.

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Hang on to God’s hand. Trust His Holy Word. Turn to God when we grow fearful and He will give us peace. Reject the lies of the devil. We are coming to the finish line, so let us finish the race with hope and complete trust in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 27, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

I Will Keep You From Stumbling

”Promise #270:
I will keep you from falling until you joyfully stand blameless in My presence.

Jude 1:24 (WEB)
Now to him who is able to keep them from stumbling,
and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory in great joy,”1

We have all seen runners and skaters fall so close to the finish line. It is heartbreaking to come so close only to fail. Most of us realize that we are traveling the last leg of the race. The devil would like for us to fret and fear. He feels us with doubts that Jesus is even coming back for us, at all.

Who will we trust? The father of lies or our Savior who died on a cross to purchase our salvation with His Own Blood? We have traveled too many miles and suffered too many times, to give into the devil’s lies. There is nothing or no one worthy of us, turning our back on God now.

Let us finish this rest matching forward and singing our praises to all Mighty God. Who is worthy of all praise and glory! We have fought the good fight, so let us keep our eyes and minds on Christ. If we do stumble seek forgiveness and pick ourselves up and continue the race with dignity and grace.
Betty

We’re Marching to Zion

Come, we that love the Lord,
and let our joys be known;
join in a song with sweet accord,
join in a song with sweet accord
and thus surround the throne,
and thus surround the throne.
We're marching to Zion,
beautiful, beautiful Zion;
we're marching upward to Zion,
the beautiful city of God.

2.Let those refuse to sing
who never knew our God;
but children of the heavenly King,
but children of the heavenly King
may speak their joys abroad,
may speak their joys abroad.

3.The hill of Zion yields
a thousand sacred sweets
before we reach the heavenly fields,
before we reach the heavenly fields,
or walk the golden streets,
or walk the golden streets.

4.Then let our songs abound,
and every tear be dry;
we're marching through Emmanuel's ground,
we're marching through Emmanuel's ground,
to fairer worlds on high,
to fairer worlds on high

1-365 Promises

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 26, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Feeding Our Souls

Colossians 3:2-10Open menu
New King James VersionOpen menu

2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

It is important that we feed our souls on the Word of God. Our fleshly desires can lead us into sin. When we neglect to feed our souls, our flesh becomes stronger and we can find our selves giving into fleshly desires which can lead to sin. The more we give in to sin, the deeper the pit we will find ourselves us.

Philippians 4:8

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”

This is why Paul warns us to guard our thoughts. If we spend too much time thinking sinful thoughts, our actions will carry us into sin. The devil will put sinful thoughts into our minds. We choose whether to reject these thoughts or to play with them. Sin often begins in our hearts and minds. Reject evil thoughts immediately and cry out to God to cover us with His protection and for Him to guide us away from sin.

Remind ourselves daily that God wants to help us. We must seek His face and ask Him to guide us daily in His truths.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 25, 2020
Happy Friday,

In between the highs of the mountain tops and the lows of a valley are the times, standing on the plains. Times God gives us to take a deep breath and to rest in Him. We need these times to regroup and to rest physically and spiritually. Our Heavenly Father is a good Father, who knows our needs. He provides for us food for the body and Spiritual food for the soul.

Let us be thankful and grateful for God inviting us and adopting us into His family. A gift that we are not even capable of understanding the true value of. What a wonderful gift we possess! Be mindful of the significance of this gift and pray daily for lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 24, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Never Alone

A long day at the VA for hubby, yesterday. Because of the COVID, I was forced to stay outside, so hubby had to deal with his situation without me. I know that God was with him.

Many times we go through situations when we feel forsaken, but a simple prayer, and we will feel wrapped in the arms of God’s love. The devil would like us to focus on our situation, instead of relying on God.

God wants us to remember that He is always with us. When we seek His face God will make Himself known to us. He will give us comfort, grace, and peace. In these troubled times, let us seek God everyday and in every situation. Praying Him daily for one another and praising God for His great faithfulness to us, His children.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 23, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

The Promises of God

The promises of God are written in ink. God will never erase His promises. His Word is true and sound. We can depend on God. As people, our circumstances change, and we are sometimes provitive of keeping our promises. This never happens to God.

Psalm 103:4King James Version 4Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

God has promised to come back for His children. We can depend on God to keep His Word. He is preparing a mansion for us in Heaven. We need not ever fear that He will change His mind. When storms come into our life, let us go to God’s Holy Word and remind ourselves of the many promises of God.

John 14:2King James Version2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Stand on the promises of God. Encourage yourself by reading God’s Holy Word and prayers to our Lord and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 22, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Preparation for the End

Hebrews 12:1” Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,”

As we are in the final leg of our journey, let us lay aside the things that bog us down in sandpits. Let our eyes become more focused on God and less on worldly things. Let us lay aside pettiness and strife. Speak the truth in gentleness and love.

There comes a time that we deal with those who do not want to hear the truth. Speak the truth and move on. Arguing with one's who do not want to know the truth will solve nothing. Praying always for one another and even more in these last days. Pray that God will guide us in His Spirit of truth and give us the wisdom to know when to speak and when to be silent.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 21, 2020
Happy Monday,

Praise the Lord

Psalm 150:6King James Version6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

Let us begin our day and end our day, praising our Heavenly Father. May we be less inclined to react in anger and be kinder to one another. Treating each other with grace. Rejoice in the knowledge that not only is Jesus with us on this earth but that He is coming soon to take us to His Home in Heaven.

Castaway our doubts and trusting God’s will for our lives will give us more peace. Encourage each other with the promises of God. Pray for God to strengthen us physically and spiritually so that we continue working for God till we leave this earth. For indeed the joy of the Lord is our strength.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 20, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

We will not always understand why God allows us to go through troubles. This is where trust comes in. Are we going to trust God in good and bad times? We must choose for ourselves to trust. God is not going to force us to trust. Trust is an action we must decide to do for ourselves.

We can look around and see that things are going to get worse in the next coming months. If we do not strengthen our trust in God, we will become overwhelmed. Now is the time to pray for God to strengthen us spiritually, so we will not fall by the wayside. Remind ourselves that God is in control and with His help, we can stand strong in the fiercest storm. Hang on, our redemption draweth nigh.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 19, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Struggles

This has been a rough week. Last weekend I took a fall and hurt my hand and arm. My hand is in a cast type splint. We spent yesterday at the VA clinic and then the local ER. Hubby has broken his foot and his foot is in a cast type splint. His foot is covered with blood blisters which we could not get the ER Doctor to address. Hubby sees a podiatrist next week. We are both still lying in bed exhausted.

The reality is, we will have struggles in this life. There will be times that situations do exhaust us, but we are not alone. God will not abandon us. In times like these God brings comfort. God is so good to His children and His love for us is eternal.

My daughter-in-law is taking care of a one-year-old and a sick hubby. Yet, she was so kind to drop off a goody bag with get a well balloon with puzzles and a word find book to give us something fun to do while we are laid up.

Even while struggling God encourages us with good family and His love. Let us not, grow weary in times of suffering but encourage ourselves in the Lord. Whatever struggle you are going through, do not give up, but cling to our Master's hand. He will see us through to a new day. May God bless and keep you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 17, 2020
Happy Thursday,

”Come Unto Me”

Matthew 11:28-30128 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Do we suffer more, because we do not come to Jesus for help? Do we allow sell pride to keep us from admitting to God that we are struggling? There is no crown for trying to live without seeking God for our needs. We are to live a Christ-like life. How do we do this if we do not depend upon Christ?

James 4:2
You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.

We short change ourselves, when we refuse to seek God’s help. Let us seek the face of God, not just for physical needs, but let us seek Him for our spiritual needs. What do we do when do not what our spiritual needs are? We pray every day for God to equips us spiritually to do the work for Him and His Kindgom.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 16, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Be Still

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Many of us have trouble, being still in the presence of God. We are like Martha, finding ourselves moving around, even if it is just moving mentally. We want to fill every quiet moment with words. It is like silence scares us.

God wants us to stop and listen to His voice. To calm the voices in our head and listen for His voice. This is hard for me. Sometimes singing praises to God in our mind will quieten the thoughts that bombbart us mentally. Even if we have to stop and start over with our prayers, it is okay. God is gracious and kind with His children.

Do not give up. Keep talking to God and listening to Him. Do not allow the devil to cause you to quit. Try praying more often with shorter prayers. God knows our hearts and He understands our limitations.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

God bless you, Preacha. I was shy as a child, too. Hang in there and God will continue to use you, for His glory.
Betty

--------------------

Preacha24-7
Advanced Member
Member # 16081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preacha24-7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty I hope you and your family are doing ok. In spite of the Corona Virus my heart is filled with joy. I am a young preacher(Evangelist). I am in awe of how majestic and how wonderful God is. It wasn’t for his Grace and Mercy we would all be in hell right now. I was the shy kid growing up and school was very hard for me. I am not that scared little boy anymore. I just got my preaching license 4 years ago. I volunteered at the Homeless shelter for 3 years. I preached and Taught the Word of God to people who were trying to overcome their addiction to Drugs and Alcohol. I would always tell them that God loves them and don’t let your past define who you are. My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11-12. Please pray for me as I wait for the Corona Virus to be over so I can go back to church and pursue more opportunities for ministry. Thank you and God bless.
Posts: 55 | From: Knoxville,TN | Registered: Jun 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 15, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Rest In The Lord

”Promise #246:
You can rest in My love, for I have power to save you.

Zephaniah 3:17 (WEB)
Yahweh, your God, is in the midst of you, a mighty one who will save. 
He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. 
He will rejoice over you with singing.”1

Our Heavenly Father knows that we grow weary and tired. This is why He invites us to rest in His love. There is no condemnation, but our God who calls us to come and rest in His love. We need not feel ashamed when we grow tired physically or emotionally. God wants us to be honest with Him. Call out to God when you feel overwhelmed. Seek His peace when your heart is troubled. You will find grace, strength, and peace in the arms of our loving God.

Let us pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ. Pray that God will guide them in their spiritual journey. Pray that they do not become weary in their work for Christ.

Galatians 6:9King James Version9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

May God give us the strength and patience to finish this race with dignity and courage. May His love envelop us and protect us from the fiery arrows of the devil and his demons.
Betty

1 Daily Promises.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

IT IS NO SECRET
Verses 1]
The chimes of time ring out the news
Another day is through
Someone slipped and fell
Was that someone you?

You may have longed for added strength
Your courage to renew
Do not be disheartened
For I have news for you

[Chorus]
It is no secret what God can do
What He's done for others, He'll do for you
With arms wide open, He'll pardon you
It is no secret what God can do

[Verses 2]
There is no night for in His light
You'll never walk alone
Always feel at home
Wherever you may go

There is no power can conquer you
While God is on your side
Take Him at His promise
Don't run away and hide

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 13, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Finding Our Way

Isaiah 30:21 (WEB)
and when you turn to the right hand,
and when you turn to the left, 
your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, “This is the way. Walk in it.”

Finding our way in life, these days can be hard. It is to go left, when we should be going right. We might even finding ourselves, wanting to just stop moving at all. We can be overcome by stress, pain, and despair.
Yet if we quieten our selves, we can hear the Sweet Holy Spirit, encouraging us onward.

God has not abandoned us. He is our greatest cheerleader. He reminds us that this race is almost over. We are on the road to victory. Putting our trust in God and standing steadfast we will cross the finish line into victory.

We need to stop obsessing about our present troubles but keep our eyes our Lord and King, Jesus. Victory and our rewards are just ahead, if we remind ourselves to keep our trust in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 11, 2020
Happy Friday

3 John 1:2

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

This verse used to make me fret and worry. I often worried that my soul was not in good health and this verse would cause me to be physically weak and poor. I was looking at this Scripture wrong. This verse is not a punishment. Paul is encouraging us to spend as much time taking care of our souls as we do our bodies.

What does it profit mankind to spend hours and hours and lots of money to have a great body? When we die, we leave this body behind. When we face God, a great physic will not get us into Heaven. It is okay to take care of our health, but not to become so obsessed that we make our bodies our God.

Let us take care of our souls first and foremost. Our relationship with God determines our eternity and not our physical bodies. Let us pray for a strong and healthy relationship with our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 10, 2020
Happy Thursday,

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY

Ephesians 6:16-18King James Version 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

We can be guilty of talking too much, but we can never be guilty of praying too much. Pray for ourselves, our friends and families, and lost souls. Pray and let God know the feelings from our hearts. Lay our needs before the feet of Jesus.

Praise God with our prayers. Express our gratitude for the many things He has done for us. Praise Him for His greatness. Praise Him for the eternal home that awaits us. Every day, may we keep our communication with our Heavenly Father, a regular thing. Knowing that because He loves us, He wants to hear from us every day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 9, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Blessed is the Man Who Does Not Give Into Evil

As we look around the world today we see evil prosper and righteousness ridiculed. We can see this and be discouraged. Evil is having it's run and watching the news, we become aware of just how much evil has grown in the last few years.

My friends do not become discouraged when you see evil people getting rich and you are struggling. This is not our home not is it the day of righteousness. Jesus said the last days would be evil. The reward of a just man will be given in Heaven and not on this earth. We do our work for God, for our rewards in Heaven and not to please mankind on earth.

Lay asides the sin of envy. Reminding yourself, that those who are prospering by iniquity, will never see the inside of Heaven. The rewards and aclmays they receive today will turn to ashes in the lake of fire.
Betty

Psalm 1King James Version

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 8, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

”Come to Me, In Faith”

Hebrews 11:6New King James Version 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

We must come to God with a heart of faith. All of mankind is giving a portion of faith. The more we reject God, the weaker our faith grows. Each time a person rejects God, their faith weakens and their hearts grow harder until we can no longer hear the call of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 17:King James Version5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

We can pray for God to increase our faith, a Disciple of the Lord, did. The more times we choose to trust God, the more our faith will grow. Just like a muscle, faith grows with usage.

James 1:8 Living Bible7-8 and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way and then that. If you don’t ask with faith, don’t expect the Lord to give you any solid answer.

Do not be double-minded, but trust completely in our Lord and Savior.
We can get in trouble when we pray without trusting that God will answer. God will answer. He may say: yes, later or no, but He will answer. We must trust in Him even when His answer is not what we want to hear.

God sees the future and there is a reason why sometimes His answer is not yes. We must trust Him to know what is best for our lives. Just as our faith must be strong and steady, so must our love for God. Let us be joyful in the Lord, at whatever stage we are in our lives. Every age has it's challenges from birth to death, but God is with us always.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 7, 2020
Happy Monday,

Finding Peace

It is hard today to find peace. So many different Countries are at odds with each other and other Countries, that are odds with America are coming together. We can see the storm clouds gathering and if we are not careful, we take our eyes off God and focus on everything around us.

Matthew 10:31King James Version31 Fear ye not, therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Nowhere in the Bible does God tell His children to gather so that they can tremble in fear together. He tells us not to fear. Nothing that is happening today is taking God by surprise. God knows all and because He does, we can trust Him to see us through to the end. God sees the big picture and we only see the past and present. Even with the present, we are not privileged to all that is going on.

I read yesterday that Venezuela is having a great Revival and souls are being saved. While it is heartbreaking to know that the people of Venezuela are suffering, it is a great joy knowing so many are coming into the Kingdom of God. This is why we must trust that God has His reasons for everything that He allows to Happen. May God help us to find peace today in His arms.
Betty

--------------------

SeekingAbsoluteTruth
First Post
Member # 16055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SeekingAbsoluteTruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
July 12, 2019
Happy Friday,

Clean Hands And Pure Heart

Psalm 24:4-5 King James Version (KJV)
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

When we read that verse, we may become ashamed of our past. This the devil trying to discourage us. This is why we remind the devil and ourselves, our hands are cleaned and our hearts made pure by the Blood of Jesus. Salvation is not a license to sin, but when we do sin, we seek forgives from God. This new belief that we do not seek forgiveness from sin to be saved is a lie from the devil.

Seeking forgiveness is essential to salvation, but it also has a second purpose. We must humble ourselves to seek salvation and lay down our pride. Then not only are our sins forgiven but we can be at peace knowing that we are forgiven.
Of course the devil likes to play in our mind a playlist of past sins. This is when we remind him that we know the He is the father of liars and we know we are secure in the hands of God.

Laying aside pride is not easy, but essential to salvation, but God warns us that pride comes before a fall. Pride can keep us from accepting correction from others and from God, too. Going around saying bad things about yourself is also another side of pride. Stop bragging about your past sins and brag about the love of God, that takes sinners and turns them into His Own Children. Instead of dwelling on your past, rejoice in God who has redeemed you for His Glory. If we have been been saved we are no longer a worm but a saved child of God.
Betty

Posts: 1 | From: FL | Registered: Apr 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 6, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

”To God Be The Glory”

When I got up today, the song ”To God Be The Glory” was playing in my head. What a wondrous gift we are given to be able to praise our God and Savior. To give back just a little to the God who has done wondrous things for us.

When we praise God, our own spirit is raised up in joy and heavy hearts are lifted by the Spirit of God, within us. For we are not walking this road alone. The Spirit of the living God is living in our hearts. Every hard and bumpy road, He walks with us. Every sad and bereaved moment we have, He is with us. His mercies toward His children will live forever. What a blessed people we are!

We are traveling through dark days but through the eyes of God, we see the victory ahead. The rapture is almost in sight. Our redemption is nigh. Look with me, up into the Heavens, and praise the Lord with me! How marvelous are thy works, Oh God, and how great is Your Voice that calls Your Children to come and gather at Your feet! May we never be guilty of taking Your great love for us for granted!
Betty

Stanza 1
To God be the glory, great things He hath done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Refrain
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He hath done.
Stanza 2
O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
(Refrain)
Stanza 3
Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our rapture, when Jesus we see.

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Visual Media | Privacy Statement