Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 24)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Artist: Hymns
Album: Unknown
Title: In the Hollow of His Hand

In the hollow of His hand He will hide me
When doubt and sin draw near,
Though no earthly friend may walk beside me,
I rest secure from fear.

Refrain

I know whate’er betide me,
His hand will safely guide me,
His love will ever hide me
In the hollow of His hand.

When the storm is on the deep,
And I know whatever may betide me,
His vigil He will keep.

Refrain

When the storms of life sweep by,
To the harbor safe He will guide me,
Where His blessèd islands lie.

Refrain

There are times when we our soul and spirit feels restless. We not know why nor do we understand the reason why, but we are restless. It's if we are jumping out of our own skin and the last thing we feel is peace and calm. It is during these times that we need to stop and seek the face of God. Sometimes it is simple as spring fever and makes a good time to clean out a closet. Other times it is because there is something in our lives that we need to confess to God and repent. The Bible says the devil often works like little foxes putting little snares in our lives that often can go unnoticed by us but can be a deterrent to our spiritual growth. When we ask God to search us and see if there is any hidden sin in our lives, He will.
The closer we get to God the more we will see those little sins that had gone so long unnoticed by our own eyes in the past. You might think what you do not know can not hurt you, but that is lie from the devil. We will either face these sins now or when we face God. It is better to seek God's forgiveness now then deal with them in Heaven. So when you feel restless seek God and see if there are foxes creating havoc in your soul that has gone unnoticed. If all is well then take advantage of spring fever clean out an area that you have been putting off.
This morning there is about 25 little birds eating under one of my trees and further back some red birds eating from a feeder. The humming bird has been around. Take comfort knowing your Heavenly Father loves you and wants the best for you,
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

Matt 5:6. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Have you ever been so overwhelmed by circumstances that you were not even sure what day of the week it was, much less what day of the month? You feel like you are running on vapors physically, emotionally, and spiritually. You sure do not have a cup of kindness to give to others when you are struggling to take care of you and your families needs. It is at these times that we are vulnerable to attacks by the devil. Yet it does not have to be this way. Jesus says several times that blessed are those who are hunger and thirsty for they shall be filled. When we take time to take care of our physical, spiritual and emotionally needs we will not be like a chicken with its head running all over the yard and getting nowhere. God is concerned about all your needs. Remember He said that He knows how many hairs are on your head. God knows we need physical rest. He tells us to rest. Our souls need rest, too. We need to rest and fill up spiritually at the feet of Jesus. If your car runs out of gas, you may kick a tire, but is it the car's fought? No it is our job to get the car refuled. Just as we as Christians must take time and effort to allow God to refuel our souls. Just as driving by a gas pump will not fuel your car, a quick prayer of "good morning, God" will not refuel your soul. The time and effort of fueling your car will keep your car going for days and the time and effort seeking to be fed by God will keep you going . Everyday we hear something new on the News that is disturbing and shows that we are living in the last days, I believe because of this we need to refuel our souls daily at the feet of Jesus. Do not run on empty when Jesus is inviting you to come to Him and be filled. As we look forward to the "blessed hope", let us seek God's face more and more. Sadly there are Christians who are going to be taken by surprised by the rapture because it has been so long since they refuled their souls and spirit that they are not able to read the times we are in. Worse then that are some Christians who are so caught up in what the world has to offer that they are not looking forward to the "blessed hope". I believe the Bible proofs that is true when Paul wrote that there is a crown waiting for those who are looking for the "blessed hope", which goes to say that there are those who are not looking. Of course we have to live our life and God never called Christians to go hide out on a mountain waiting for the rapture, but we should have a spirit of hope and wonder looking forward with expectation to the day Jesus calls His children home to Glory.

This morning it is lightly raining so we just have two squirrels eating. We need the rain but I pray we do not get any tornadoes. I got my new medication yesterday. We will know in several days if it will work. If not, they will have to redo the scope. God knows all about it, so I am at peace.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Psalm 8:4. What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

David realized the greatest of God and a wondrous thought it was that God was concerned not only for mankind but mankind, as individuals. God does not look down from Heaven and just see the world as a whole and then move on. He see us all individuals and I believe, He spends more concern and attention on His children. Think of it this way, you are watching the children at the play ground and there are about 20 children. Where is the majority of your attention going to be? On your child, of course. Yet we take the wonderful joy of that for granted. The Bible says that God holds the universe in His hand and yet, He makes time and effort for each of His children and their needs. Yet we ourselves are often neglectful in our prayers and unappreciative of the little things that God does to bring joy to our lives. Often is only when something is not there when we realize how important it is. When Jeff was on a Mission trip, when we lived in Washington, we were with our hot water for 10 days. Needless to say we begin to appreciate hot water. Yet in a few months, we took it for granted again. God set the world in place and set the four seasons in place but we barely notice and take for granted that this was a miracle created by God. As Christians we should develop a heart of thanksgiving towards our Father in Heaven. There are so many things to be thankful for and should cheerfully give God praise, daily. The Bible says God inhabits the praise of a His people. Let us give Him the praise that is due Him, with a loving attitude of joy. We are beginning spring and seeing newbirth among the flowers and the birds, gives us an opportunity to thank God. Flowers and birds singing make our world brighter and puts a spring in our step and let us thank the Creator for this. A prayerful, thankful, and cheerful attitude makes our day brighter and feels us with hope and peace. I pray that God will bless you today in a special way.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Hebrews 10: 19-25
19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21And having an high priest over the house of God; 22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Paul stresses the importance of meeting with fellow believers, especially in the last days. Not only for encouragement and inspiration but to keep us from being led astray by false prophets who have diluted the Gospel and allowed false teaching in their own preaching. This is why we need to be in a good Bible preaching Church. We can find excuses for staying away from Church and many times there are legitimate reasons. This morning my body betrayed me and the devil was right there whispering that I should stay home, that even the Pastor would say I had a good excuse and then it hit me did I need or want an excuse to miss Church? I told the devil I did not. Took a shower, got dressed and God willing I am going to Church. No! I am no a super Christian. I just know if I allow the devil to win this Sunday this will never end. Of course there are Sunday's when we are too sick to go and yes, God does understand. But let us be looking forward to Church and not be looking for excuses to stay home, because the devil will provide them. Of course you can be a Christian and never go to Church but you are missing out so much. There is something about joining voice with others singing praises to God not only is a praise to God but lifts your soul and spirit. The preaching can prepare you for the week ahead and getting handshakes and hugs from fellow believers reminds us that we are not alone in our Christian walk. The devil will offer us exudes to miss Church bit we can remind ourselves are reasons to be in Church.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Philip. 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ

This morning as I was putting out the bird seed, I was thinking about the years I have been doing it. I had fed the birds off and on for many years, but the last 7 years it has been consistent. My dad always fed the squirrels and I got the idea from him and ran with it. I took it much further 4 years ago buying about 40 plus pounds of bird seed every two months. I realized that what I am doing is a gift from God that keeps me going, especially the last two months. The last two months the pain is worse when I get and my body needs more rest so I sleep late, but it is knowing that I need to feed my pets and the birds and nature that makes me get out of bed. God provided what I needed in advance to keep me fighting every day instead of quitting. God knows the future and He knows what we will need before we even need it. This is not only important to keep us going physically but to our faith to keep us going spiritually. Everyone has times they want to throw up their hands and quit. Life is hard sometimes for everyone. We all have our struggles. We need to realize that, because when we begin to think we are the only one affected by pain, troubles, and enemy attacks we are vulnerable to depression and giving up completely. This is exactly where the devil wants us. This is when we need to preach to ourselves. Remind ourselves that because this is the last days the devil is in extreme attack to destroy the body of Christ if he could. Yet, we must then remind ourselves that we do not have to fight the enemy alone. If we have accepted Jesus as our Savior, then we have the Holy Trinity at work in our lives. It is when we try to fight against Satan in our own strength that we are overcome. Just as I am tempted to pull the cover over my head and stay in bed there are situations in your lives the devil whispers to you that you should give up and tries to convince you that God doesn't care about you and your problems. This is when we must stand in the Word of God. We must remind the devil that he is a liar. We must remind ourselves that we have read The Book and we know the ending: God wins! We can get up, we can stand strong as long as we stand in the strength of our Lord and Savior Jesus. If you lack faith, ask God for faith, if you lack strength, ask God for strength. Do not be timid when it comes to spiritual matters! Ask God to give you what you need to be strong and to be victorious. The battle is real, make no mistake about it, but that doesn't mean we need cover our heads with pillows and hide. The God who spoke creation into existence is the same God that will walk with you every day and through every battle. We need to stop allowing the devil to convince us that we are alone. We are not alone ! Remember the old song we sung in Bible School "Onward Christians Solders", my friends we are living that today. Let us go forth into our individual battles with praise to God from our lips and the Word of God in our hearts and minds. May we pray daily that God will give us oil for our lamps, so that when our Groom, Jesus comes for us we will be like the faithful virgins waiting and ready for His return. In all things whether it is sickness, a bad boss or a unsaved husband God is good and He will provide what you need to win the battle every day. Seek Him, deligently!
Betty

This morning there has been the humming bird, and red birds. I pray that God will bless you with diamonds of joy and peace today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Friday,
This morning as I did the chores in the back yards, my dog Bertha was running from trouble to trouble. First she aggravated a bird sitting in her nest then she pushed her head into through the fence to aggravate the neighbor's two dogs. I am screaming at her like a mad crazy woman. No telling what the neighbor's thought. Of course now she is resting now on a pillow in the window seat looking innocent.
I wonder how many times as God children we embarrass God like that. We react in road rage, we are rude with the cashier at the store, we yell at credit card Representative on the phone. Does God turn His hand and hope that no one notices that we belong to Him? Is He embarrass when we are acting badly and there is "I love Jesus" or a sign with our church name on our car? Let's face it our behavior does not always bear well on our Christianity. Loving words do not always pour forth from our mouths and praying for our enemies is the last thing we want to do in the midst of a fit. It is often after we are physically and emotionally spent that we realize what a monster we let lose in the midst of our melt down . Sometimes we do not even recognize ourselves. We even wonder where all that anger comes from. Most of the time it is because we do not deal with the little things. We push it down day and day and then one day that one thing happens and everything we have not dealt with comes exploding out with out notice. The person we unload on has no clue that they are being punished for every bad thing that has happened to us for weeks.
Then it is "Katy bar the door", as we used to say. Sometimes it is because we think we deal with something and all we have done is push it out of sight. Truth sometimes we feel we have to push things down to keep going, to keep living, to keep working. We feel we do not have time or the will to do will the little things every day. Other times, little hurts may not seem that big until they add up over time. We may think that we have turn them to God and not realized that after praying we stuffed the problem back in our back pocket for a later day. I understand, letting go is hard for me. I do no like dealing with unpleasant things, either. When you are dealing with health issues you feel you have an excuse for not dealing with little hurts. People who work could say the same thing, they just do not have time to deal with little things. When we all need to take the time to pray and seem God to help us not only give Him the little hurts but leave them at His feet. I wish I could give you an easy answer, but as you can see from the opening, I am still learning, too. I believe that the one thing God wants us to learn this morning is bring to Him our little hurts and do not let the bottle up until they become an explosion. There will still be times that we act like a toddler having a fit and just as parents we still loved our kids at that age no matter how badly they embarrassed us, God will still love us and forgive us. Yet, we can seek God's help in having less outbursts and more prayer time with Him. Every Christian has there on daily battles and many of us have grown weary and bone tired, but God says for us to come to Him for His burden is light and He can give us rest. Often we are tired because we do not take time for physical rest. God made us. He knows that we need rest. He knows that as we get older and as our bodies grow weaker we need more rest the we used to. We should stop apologizing for needing rest and allow our bodies to have the rest it needs. Taking care of yourself is not being lazy. Meditate in God's Word daily and rest your body not just at night but during the day when you grow tired. If like me your body has a chronic disease you may need added rest during the day. If so prop your feet up, have a glass of iced tea, and get your Bible and take care of your body and your soul at the same time. Have a blessed weekend!
This morning there have been about a half dozen red birds and a squirrel eating and a few assorted birds. The humming bird came to visit. I miss the more colorful humming birds we had in Washington State but then in Bremton we just had the seagulls and no red birds so it equals out.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

This morning as I walked around outside taking care of my chores, everything was peaceful and just the sweet sounds of nature. It must have been wondrous walking around in the garden of Eden. All the species of animals in the same area at peace with each other singing and talking to each other, a choir like no other. How wonderful it must have been for Adam and Eve to walk and be with all of nature. Yet the loss of this when sin entered man must have cut so deep but that was nothing compared to the lost of the daily walk and communion with God Himself. Cable cried to God that he could not bare his punishment for killing his brother, but I am struck in wonder on how Adam and Eve was able to bare their punishment. Maybe seeing God in their unrighteousness was so unbearable that they dare not want to see Him again. It is a puzzle I do not understand. We will be in the presence of God one day and because of the great sacrifice of Jesus, we will face God not in our sins but in the righteousness of Christ. Knowing that we will stand with our advocate and Savior Jesus we can look forward with great expectation to the day we see God and not with fear and dread. While we want to to our best and work for the glory of God remember that nothing we do will make us worthy to face God, it is only the blood of our precious Savior that allows us to even enter the gates of Heaven. This doesn't mean we do not want to earn crowns to place at the feet of Jesus. Yes, we can enter Heaven, empty handed, but how sad it will be when others place their crowns to stand there and have to admit that we chose to be to lazy to work for God. Seek God and ask Him what He wants you to do for Him. Seek a way every day to encourage others. Remember even a cup of water, given in the Name of Jesus is blessed of God. No prayer said for another is wasted. A simple smile can brighten a day for someone whose day is bleak. Jesus is coming back soon. Let us work deligently seeking for ways to share God's love with others.
This morning there has been a blue jay, several red birds and a squirrel just in the back
. A few new pink flowers blooming as spring begins to come forth. The cats and dog have been fed and are enjoying their morning nap. I looked at this sky this morning and I wondered as I often do, will this be the day that Jesus comes back. We do not know the day or the hour, but one day we will hear the trumpet, and Jesus call our name and tell us to come up. What a glorious day that will be! But what a nightmare for those left behind so, let us keep praying for our lost loved ones and friends. It will not be too late to make the rapture until the trumpet blows so always pray for the lost. We cannot force people to be saved. I tried that, myself. But we can pray that God will send someone in their lives they will listen to. Family often doesn't listen to family, sad but true. God bless your today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

The Lord God knows that we grow tired and weary. He knows we get discouraged and want to quit sometimes. It is those times that we need to seek Him for added strength and encouragement for it is during those times that we are vulnerable to the attacks of the devil. How sad it would be to quit so close to the finish line! Unlike the runner who sees the finish lines and usually sees his or her coach waiting at the finish line cheering them on, we often seem to run alone and have no cheering squad. But it doesn't have to be this way. When we are discouraged we can reach out to others and ask them to pray for us. There is no shame in seeking prayer from our loved ones and friends. Asking for help is often a hurdle for us to jump because many of us were raised not to admit we needed help. Yet when we admit we need help then we allow ourselves to be open to pray for others when they need help. There is no reward for going through life refusing to admit your are vulnerable and this pattern will only lead to an embarrassing fall. When the Church can stand hand in hand and pray for each other then it becomes strong in the Lord.
Pretending you are superman or superwoman avails nothing because we are not fooling God or the devil.
Remember it is in our weakness that God shows His strength. Let us be willing to ask for prayer when we need it and pray for others when they ask.
This morning I have had a blue jay, red birds, and woodpecker. I seen a squirrel running in the trees.
My insurance company and the Doctor is still arguing about my medication, so I am still in limbo. God knows all about it. I seem to need more rest lately and my mouth is broke out with sores but other then that I am no worse. Hubby is discouraged, but I keep telling him that God is in control. Just like you, I look for those little diamonds of hope that keep me going and God does provide them. Praise His Holy Name!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

We live in a stressful world. Both Christians and non Christians suffer from stress. You do not have to leave your house to be over come by stress. The coffee pot messes up your coffee, you spill your coffee, your mate says something that bugs you, there are many things that stress you. Today is super Tueday and I was thinking this morning that maybe we will see less commercials among the Republicans trashing each other and then I remembered next will be the Democrats and Republicans trashing each other. With all the trash talk it is almost like you have to take a shower after voting. Of course as Christians we should pray that God would guide us to vote for the person He would have us vote for. We should also remember that like with President Obama the winner may be a part of God's judgement on America. While our vote should be done prayerfully, do not allow the outcome do derail your faith. God has a plan and He is in control no matter who is in the Whitehouse. Like you, I love my Country and want the best for her, yet I can see that America as a Nation has chosen sin over God ever since she made legal abortion. We should always pray for our Country, but our soul's health is not determine by the Nation's health. We need to remind ourselves of that. Prayerfully vote today, but remember whatever the outcome your trust and hope is in Almighty God. He existed before this world and He will exist after this world is a memory. Whatever is increasing your stress level today, leave it at the feet of Jesus. Walk away with peace in your heart and a song in your step.
Just a few birds this morning. They may sense that rain is coming. The humming bird was here.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

There are times in our lives when the cross we bear is enderances. It is not just the weight of the load but the time carrying the load that can over come us. Some days we carry our cross with ease and other days we can barely take a step and the devil seems to be right there in our ears whispering the song of discouragement. Making us feel that God has forgotten us or the least doesn't care that we are struggling. The burden becomes more heavy as our heart is overwhelmed with helplessness. Some burdens we carry short periods but the burdens we carry for years can feel like they will be our undoing. It is on those days of Discouragement that we need to encourage ourselves in the Lord. This is more then a pep talk. This is reading His Word and reminding ourselves of the miracles God preformed. I like to read Psalms and remind myself that is okay to be depressed, David was but as you read Psalm, you will see how David reminded himself of the goodness of a God. Then listen and sing praise and worship songs. This will get you feeling chipper. Last but not least read the last two books of the Revelations and see your future. Your future home in Heaven. Like the old song says "It will be worth it all , when we see Jesus". My friend I know you are tired, I know what it is like to get discouraged, I know what is like to want to quit, but don't give up. We have to much to gain to give up down. Let us lift each other in prayer that God will give us extra strength so that we can carry our burden with grace and in the beauty of faith. Seek to live your life in a way that is pleasing to Him. In all things give Him thanks and the glory. Life is messy and burdens are uncomfortable but eternity with our Father in Heaven in worth it all!

The trees had red birds and I saw the humming bird earlier. At the moment honeybees and wasp are enjoying the sugar water. I have been thankful to see the honey bees. There was a shortage of honey bees a few years ago.
Betty

God, my God, I cry out
Your beloved needs you now
God be near, calm my fear
And take my doubt

Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in

Chorus:
I will lift my eyes to the Maker
Of the mountains I can't climb
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
Of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
Of the hurt I hold inside
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You

God, my God, let Mercy sing
Her melody over me
God, right here all I bring
Is all of me

Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in

Chorus:

‘Cause You are and You were and You will be forever
The Lover I need to save me
‘Cause You fashioned the earth and You hold it together, God
So hold me now
Chorus:

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Prov. 3:5. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding

We live in a corruptible world with a corruptible body. You do not have to live long to suffer loss. Whether it is loss of job, relationship, health, or something else, you will know the pain of loss. Sometimes over time you will learn the reason why God allowed you to go through the loss. Other times we will not know until we get to Heaven. No matter where we are in our spiritual walk loss is painful and tears will fall. If we keep our trust in God we can turn the loss into spiritual growth. If we become angry and discouraged, the loss become a set back at best and at worse can cause us to backslid. The strong Christian you admire has most likely had many set backs and losses and has earn their spiritual strength through prayer and tears. We do not grow spiritually though sunny days walking though rose gardens with everything going right. It is through the storms and winds and tears that we grow. Let us not become complacent in our faith but seek God every day. It is easy to feel like we are the only one having problems but the devil is busy every where. So stayed prayed through and prayed up.

This morning a few squirrels and one ornery cat aggravating the squirrels. Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This morning as I did my morning chores, I got more winded, then usual and was grateful when it was time to sit down. As I sit here at the table and enjoy the birds my focus is no longer about struggle with my breathing but with the loveliness of the birds eating at my feeders. As my focus changes, I am not struggling and I can begin to take slow but labored breaths, knowing that the more relaxed I become the less the struggle will be and the more relaxed my breathing will be. This is how we as Christians are often are when we go through trials we fight against the trails and we struggle which makes the trial harder, like a horse bucking a saddle. It is only when we relax and accept God's will that we are able to breath and relax in the midst of the battle. Do not get me wrong, the battle is hard, the struggle is real, but when we lean into Jesus and accept His will and His help we find peace even in the middle of the trial. When we accept that God has a purpose for our lives then we can walk with Him and not try to run away from Him. The answer is not pretending that we are not going through a bad time. The answer is accepting our situation and reminding ourselves we are there for the purpose and reason for the glory of God. As we stop fighting against the reigns, we can be like a fast horse, running our spiritual race with grace and beauty. Paul often talked about his spiritual journey as a race, and the comparison fits. Sometimes we feel like we are running faster then our legs then carry us and other times we feel like our legs are moving in the mud pits, barely moving. It is not how fast we get there. It is whether we are in the race, and focused on the will of God. It is easy at times to lose focus and find we are following our own will and not the will of God. This is when we seek forgiveness and then seek God's will. The closer and closer we get to the rapture , the more the devil will fight the Church. Christians need to stay focused on Jesus more the ever.
I pray that God will bless you today and your families.
I see a couple of squirrels and I have seen a red wasp at the humming bird feeder.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Friday

Psalm 118:24New King James Version (NKJV)This is the day the Lord has made;We will rejoice and be glad in it.

If we are not careful, we can get into a period of discouragement, were we dread each day and instead of being thankful for a new day, we find ourselves depressed by it. The Lord wants us to rejoice in each day we are given. A new day that we can spend with God and use for His glory. When we begin the day remembering to be grateful and praise God we begin the day with a better attitude. Many of you are like me, in that you are no longer able to jump out of bed on the run. Let's face it, most of wake up because something is hurting and woke us up and as we start walking around we are reminded of stiff joints and problem areas in our bodies. But we are alive and we are breathing and we do have a lot to be grateful for. Having a attitude of praise may not take the pain away but it will not only make our day more pleasant, but it will please our Heavenly Father. We may not be able to change our station in life, but we can change our attitude so that not only do others want to be around us, but we can be a blessing to others. If we have long faces and hateful attitudes, we are chasing people away from Christ. If we have a smile and a good attitude inspite of our pain we are can be a living example of the goodness of Christ.
There will be time that pain gets the best of us and we get cranky. When this happens apologize, to those you might have offended. There is no shame in admitting when we are wrong. Of course we should ask God to forgive us, as well. Sometimes on really bad days, we need just to have a good cry. There is no shame in that. Tears help release toxins from the body. We are human and so allow yourselves to be human. Then thank God that you are still alive and sing a praise and worship song and watch as God pours peace and love into your hearts and minds. Remind yourselves that in your weakness, you can become strong in the Lord and as you seek God's face you will begin a closer walk with Him. Do not pretend you are not sick or you do not health problems, but do not allow these things in our bodies to push us away from Christ, but rather use these situations to allow us to become stronger in our faith. I do not believe in the new thing going around that is called : "claim it and grab it". God is in the healing business and I believe He still heals. Sometimes He heals us in earth and sometimes He knows that it is through out illness that our faith and soul will grow. We will be at peace when we can accept Jesus' will for us, whether that is healing on earth or in Heaven. There will be bad days. I have them, myself. But when I say: "Even so, Lord Jesus, I will serve you!" Then God fills my heart with peace and joy. I pray that whatever you are going through that you will find peace in the arms of Jesus and that He will fill your day with joy.

I am blessed this morning to have birds. I saw the humming bird earlier. Yesterday, outside the window by my chair was small birds at the feeder and a few big birds on the ground. I am so grateful for God bringing these precious diamonds of joy into my life. It makes the misery of Chrons bearable.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I am blessed that my mornings are done at my own speed. I can walk around slowly and talk to God as I do my morning chores. This is not the case with everyone, but you can still talk to God while you fix your hair and do you makeup. While it is important to spend quality time with God, these little moments that we talk to God are also important. Not only do they help us begin the day more peaceful but they remind us that God is always with us. This is especially helpful before you face the morning rush hours of traffic. Occasionally hubby and I are in the rush hour traffic and my heart feels for you that has to deal with this twice a day 5X a week. Always pray and ask God to protect you before you start your car motor.
Life can be hetic and we need to remind ourselves that God is still with us and that He has not forgotten us.
As we remind ourselves of God's presence in our lives let us also remember to praise Him. A joyful heart that praises God will not only bring joy to God but it will bring joy to our own hearts. Of course as God brings prayer request to your mind, take a moment to pray for that petition. Remember that prayer for a situation is the very best you can do. I must admit there are times, that I actually think to myself: "all I can do is pray ". I have to remind myself that prayer is the first thing I should do. If there is something I can do physically to help, pray first. We are so guilty of under estimating the power of prayer. Prayer should not be the last result but the first decision. We can even pray over our labor and our works. Just as at Church, they pray that God will use the offering for His glory we can pray that God will use our labor for His glory. Never under estimate your work and labor for God. If it is done with a cheerful heart and out of your love for Him, then it is not done in vain. So much work is done behind the scene but one day these works done out of love for our Savior will be rewarded. So do not grow weary in your work for Christ. Everything we do and everything we go through will be worth it when we see Jesus.

Seen a humming bird this morning and a few assorted birds. The squirrels have not come out yet. I am still waiting for my insurance company to approve my medication and looking forward to the day I can eat without being sick. The last couple of weeks I have been getting very tired in the evening and feeling sad. This seems to be symptoms of Chrones disease. I remind myself that I may have colitis and Chrons but they do not define me. I am still a daughter of God and with His help I can keep chugging along like a little train, even if it does have a broken wheel. Hehe. I know that I am blessed.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

As I look out into my backyard, I see a man from the power company cutting limbs off trees in the neighbor's hard. His pole seems to me, to be close to the power line and as I begin to worry about him, I stopped and prayed for his safety. The other guy is high up in the tree and I prayed for his safety too. I don't know the men, but God does. We do not have to know a person to pray for them.
There is so much going on in the world today. In the Middle East there is war waiting to happen. I believe it is only the hand of God that is holding back Nations who are ripe and ready to go to war. War is coming, it is only a matter of time. The world is closer then ever to accepting leadership by the anti-Christ. We have Pastors who are willing to compromise and accept Islam as part of their faith. We have Pastors who have compromised their beliefs in order to attract numbers. This is not just an American problem, this is a problem worldwide. The Bible says in the last days people will go astray and sadly many are being led astray by their Shepherds. When the flocks do not verify what the Shepherd say with the Word of God, then they are easily led astray. A Pastor who preaches the truth will not be afraid to tell you to check what he said with the Bible. As we grow closer to the end of the Gentiles, the devil will work harder and harder to deceive Christians. We do not have to be deceived. We can pray and verify every thing we are told by God's Word. You probably see those bumper stickers that says coexist. To the world, combining Religions into one seems like the kind thing to do. Except when you have opposing beliefs, the only way to combine them is to leave out the basic truth. In order to combine Christanity and Islam is to deny that Christ is God. There is no Christanity with our Christ being God. Avoid like the plaque this coexist, it is worse than a plaque. A plaque can take your life, coexist could take your soul. The Bible says that anyone who tries to take away Christ from being God has the spirit of the anti-Christ. Coexist is not warm and fuzzy, it is pure EVIL. Jesus was the creator of all thing, He was in the Godhead in the beginning and He will always be.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Philpp. 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

We live in an age where this verse is considered a lack of ambition. Many people seem to be striving for a bigger house , car, and better job. This doesn't mean we shouldn't better ourselves but to be at peace in the moment at whatever station in life we are. Even as we try to better ourselves for our future be happy in the day we live in. If we become to focused on tomorrow we can spend our life always living for tomorrow and never living or enjoying the present. This will cause us to miss out on many enjoyable moments of happiness. Sadly some Christians can be so focused on their job that they have pushed God to the back burner. Without even realizing that they have made their job an idol. This doesn't mean we do not to our best. Of course we do our best at work. But do not become so job focused that you do not make time for prayer, Bible study, and Church. I seen several cartoons recently that show grave sights and the fact that in the end we will all have the same size lot, no matter how poor or rich we are. Greater then that is when we face God, it will not be how much money we had in life but the relationship we had with Christ that will determine our eternal home. No one can buy, bargain, or beg their way in to Heaven. After death it will be too late to become saved. Our loved ones no matter how much they wish they could, cannot pray you into Heaven. Your fate is sealed with your last breath. The time of salvation is while you are alive. Financial gain and nice things are great but the condition of your soul is more important. May we learn to be content with what we have. Whether God blesses us with something better or not, let us stay focused on Him.
This morning my trees are filled with red and black birds. I have some birds and one squirrel at my feeder. I was blessed to have slept through the storm that came in this morning. I hate storms. The birds are singing and talking back and forth. Enjoying the choir in my backyard.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

We live in a world where you can open the Internet and see into the private lives of celebrities. Articles that promise to tell the dirty secrets of a celebrity couple's divorce. If the Internet and gossip magazines were not enough, you often have celebrities giving interviews trashing their soon to be ex on TV. Sadly we as people seem to eat up this trash talk like trail mix, looking for the latest scoop. We have become obsessed with living through others lives. It's as if reading about how bad others are acting makes us feel better about our selves. If we our honest with ourselves our first thought is not praying for these people. Yet behind the fancy clothing and expensive makeup is real people who cry real tears. The media makes a lot of money building up one side and trashing the other side. It is not uncommon for them to switch sides when they have exhausted the story with the first side. The media is fickle, but we do not have to be. We can pray for both people who are hurting. In our on lives we come across people who are struggling and hurting. Do we stop and say a pray for them? Or are we just relieved that it is not us? When we hear of a person killed in a car wreck or murdered, do we stop and pray for their families? Do we take advantage of opportunity to pray for others? Are we looking for opportunities to pray for others? There are so many hurting people in this world. I have found that when I pray for others, I feel God bringing peace to my own life. I believe that prayer is a under used resource in our spiritual armor. Of course there will be times that you will not see the answer, personally, but that doesn't mean that God is not working. Keep on praying for those you know and those you do not know. One day in Heaven you may have a family come to you and say: " it was your prayers that got me through my loss ". What a great celebration we will have in Heaven when we meet the people our prayers touched!
Today, the red squirrel is visiting and assorted birds. The cats and dog have been fed are napping so nature is enjoying their food with out being harassed. Yesterday hubby went to Church with me, which made me happy. I feel blessed today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Has God ever laid someone on your heart? For days this person will come to your mind and your heart will ache with concern for them. The best thing you can do is pray for them, not just once but every time God brings them to your thoughts. God may have assigned you the position of standing in the gap for that person. Never under estimate the power of prayer. Remember as Christians it is a privilege to pray for one another. The more often we pray the stronger our faith grows. We do not know how many times others have prayed for us, but one day in Heaven we will know. Prayer is so important but we often take it for granted, yet it is through prayer that we have access to the throne of God. Prayer opens the channel to God for our request, for expressing our thanksgiving to God, and for quiet meditation with God. Prayer is conversation with God our Father. Take some time today and spend it communicating with God. Prayer is never wasted.

A few squirrels this morning. I saw a few birds earlier. For the most part nature in my yard is rather quiet this morning.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

When we wake up, we may have some idea of what the day will bring, but our day can have turns and u-turns that come in unexpected that can either take us off guard in a good way or bad. Some surprises or good and some surprises are frustrating. Yet if we begin the day in prayer we can rest assured that whatever way our day goes, we will not be alone, for God will be with us. We will probably never be in a position that we aren't thrown off balance by a curve in the road of life, simply because we still live in a mortal body. But, when this happens take a moment to pray for guidance and for God to give you peace of mind and heart. I am one of those people who is easily frustrated and aggravated when things go wrong. I believe I am getting better but only because God is working on me. As we walk closer to God we will begin to see areas in our lives that we need to repent and give to God. I have found this to be true in my life. This can be a painful but needed process as we make ourselves ready for the return of Jesus. We cannot clean ourselves up, but we have to be willing to allow God to work in all areas of our lives. I believe God is preparing His Bride for His soon return. Pruning the flower garden so to speak for a fragrant and beautiful bouquet that He will take out of this world soon for the Marriage Supper in Heaven. May we be like David who asked God to search his heart for hidden sin so David could repent. May we daily seek forgiveness and daily seek for God to guide us in His will for our lives. May we serve our Heavenly Father in a spirit of joy and gladness. I pray that God will bless you today in a very special way.

Some birds were taking baths in the bird bath this morning. Was happy to see squirrels and birds this morning.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

All of us have trials and problems. Some physical, financial, marriage, children or others problems, but we have them. It is not a question of whether we can skate through life with out problems but how we handle our problems. Do we handle our problems in a Godly manner? Is our first reaction to strike out at anyone around when we have a problem? Do we seek God's help or do we only seek Him as a last resource? Do we grow spiritually through our problem or do we take steps backward in our spiritual walk?
Do we become angry at God? Do we feel like God is unjust because we have problems? I have found that it is often the small problems that we lose our temper over. Maybe because we are apt to become angry at ourselves and blame ourselves over small problems instead of asking God to help us. Sometimes we think God is not interested in the little things. God cares about us and He cares about what is upsetting us. Do not be afraid to ask His help with the small things. It is trusting God in small things that makes our trust and faith grow. Sometimes it is those problems that we have dealt with for a long time that gets us down. Long term illness, praying for a lost loved one for years, a child with a bad attitude, can wear you down. Your faith can lessen and you can begin to doubt God is hearing you anymore. The truth is in these times we have to dig in deep and be set in our minds and heart that we will serve and praise God even if our prayer is not answered until after we go to Heaven. My granny prayed for all her children to be saved. Her youngest, my Uncle was saved many years after her death. Yet when he passed away and enter Heaven's gates, I know that she was rejoicing. Even if the answers had taken years, we must not grow weary and we must keep praying and trusting. You might think that I do not understand what you are going through, and I may not. Yet, there are mornings I lie in bed for an hour dreading getting up knowing when I do the pain will begin for the day. I have yet to get up and say: Praise God, I am hurting." Yet I can trust God that even if my health has not improved, He is still with me. Knowing God is holding my hand and walking my path with me, helps me get out bed. We have to remind ourselves God is in control and He will get is through whatever we are dealing with. We will come out on the other side stronger in our faith if we press on and do not quit. Encourage yourselves in the Word of God and by listening to songs of Praise and Worship.
This morning several squirrels and a few birds earlier. There was a red bird yesterday afternoon eating at the window by my chair. May God bless you and your family today.
Betty

As I travel through this pilgrim land
There is a friend who walks with me
Leads me safely through the sinking sand
It is the Christ at Calvary
This would be my prayer, dear Lord, each day
You help me do the best I can
For I need Thy light to guide me day and night
Blessed Jesus, hold my hand
Jesus, hold my hand
For I need Thee every hour
Through this pilgrim land
Protect me by Thy power

Hear my feeble plea
O Lord, look down on me
When I kneel in prayer
I hope to meet You there
Let me travel in the light divine
That I may see the blessed way
Keep me that I may be wholly Thine
And sing 'Redemption's Song' some day
I will be a soldier brave and true
And ever firmly take a stand
As I onward go and daily meet the foe
Jesus, hold my hand
'Cause I need Thee every hour
Through this pilgrim land
Protect me by Thy power
Hear my feeble plea
And O Lord look down on me
When I kneel in prayer
I hope to meet You there
When I kneel in prayer
I hope to meet You there

Read more: George Jones - Jesus Hold My Hand Lyrics | MetroLyrics

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Most of us have read in the Bible how in the days of Noah, mankind was so evil that God even regretted creating man, yet we don't have to leave the comfort of our chair to read or see in the news the evil of mankind today. In fact the evil is so bad, many refuses to believe it. A 14 year old boy was pubically beheaded in the Middle East for listening to Western music. Young women in the Middle East stoned to death for being guilty of being raped. The evil is here in America as well. A mother was charged with chocking her 11 year old son when he objected to her putting the baby outside in the snow. In Houston a 95 woman beaten and assaulted for a small TV. Our Schools are teaching elementary kids how to have gay sex. Some Schools refuse to use any gender terms for fear of offending, yet on the other hand we have Schools forcing children to learn Muslim prayers and say that Allah is the one and only God. The Pope is saying all roads lead to God and so are some Protestant Pastors. We wonder how can it get worse and yet surprisingly, it does get worse. We have people in government who want to make speaking out against the Muslim Religion a crime. There is a reason for that. They want to silent Christians and Christian Pastors. Make no mistake about it, we are living in perilous times. If our faith and trust in God is made of tissue paper it will not last. We must build up our faith and trust in God now, so that we can withstand what is coming. I admit I am a wimp. I pray every day for the rapture. Yet I know in my heart I must be prepared either way. Just as we here in South Texas prepare for a hurricane and pray it misses us, we need to prepare for persecution and pray the rapture takes place first. We need not live in fear if we live trusting in God.

This morning, I have a squirrel, red bird, and assorted birds. The humming bird is eating out of the humming bird feeder and so is some honey bees.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This morning there are several squirrels. They seem to come out of nowhere. I often wonder if they are waiting in the trees for me to bring the food out. Sometimes we are waiting for the perfect time to work for God. When the little ones are in School, when the kids are grown, when we retire from work. We can wait for the perfect time until the day we die. Trust me I am guilty, myself. The problem with waiting for the perfect time, is there is no perfect time. We wait for the perfect time to find a Church home. When we get moved and settled, I am going to find a Church home and start working for God. The devil is never going to give you a perfect time. God uses people who are willing to work in imperfect times. Other people are waiting to they feel like they are more perfect to commit to doing more for God. That doesn't work either. There is no perfect people. That person you see teaching with matching shoes,purse, dress, and earrings, may have had a blow out with her husband before she left her house because she couldn't find her keys. This doesn't mean God can not use her. The reality is God uses imperfect people. So do not wait to become perfect to work for God. Work for God now, in your imperfections. God is looking for willing people not perfect people. Pray that God will give you a heart for the lost and broken. Pray that God will give you a willing heart. God does not call us all to teach. I am an introvert. Speaking in front of a group my words fall over themselves. Oral book reports was torture for me and my teachers. God knows our strengths and our weakness. Yet God can still use us, for His glory. P Be a willing vessel and you will be used by God and blessed by God. God can use us in our weakness. There is a man in our Church who has had a major stroke. Every Sunday, he gives a peppermint and a hug to every person and says: God bless you. His simple gesture is a blessing to everyone. God uses him in his weakness. Instead of being angry about his circumstances, he serves God in the midst of his circumstances. We should do the same.

The red squirrel came for a visit and a few red birds. The birds are taking turns eating. Yesterday I had almost a dozen birds by my window and two squirrels under the feeder eating. My gift from God.
Be blessed and I pray that you will have something in your day that makes you happy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Philipp 4:8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The devil does not want us to think on good things but on sinful things, on unpleasant things and on hurtful things. He wants us to feel defeated, dejected, mistreated, neglected, anything but joy in the Lord.
The local news will supply stuff to scare us, the devil will bring up past hurts to make us feel defeated and a drive to the store is all it takes to feel like we are living in a world of people who are rude and care only about themselves. Be assured the devil will never remind you of good things or the good things God and people has done for you. That is why we have to remind ourselves. We have to choose to seek joy. The devil is content to have angry, defeated, dejected and just head in the sand Christians. God wants Christians who are so on fire for Him that even sinners can see that we have something going on. We are to be a light shining in the darkness. Of course I do not know what you are going through and I do not know your struggles, but I know God. It is not about how weak we are but about how much we lean on a God who can do all things. Choose to dwell on the goodness of God. Remind yourself of the miracles of God. God is still the same God who created us and created the world. Look up beautiful sites on the Internet and remind yourself of all the beauty in creation. Take joy in the beauty and the Creator. We live in a world where people no longer worship the Creator but the creation. Let us not be guilty of the same thing. Seek joy in the Lord. Ask the Lord to give you a joyful heart. Remember the children's song that says the joy of the Lord is our strength. That is because a sorrowful heart is heavy to carry. There is a time for sorrow and in those times we can pray for God to give us strength to walk through those days. On the other side of sorrow God brings us out to joyful days and our feet become lighter and her hearts begin to sing. In all things give God the glory and in all things give God praise. I pray that God will bring you joy today and a song of thanksgiving to your hearts.
The red squirrel is visiting along with another squirrel, the humming bird, and assorted birds. Bertha and the cats have had breakfast and are napping. And mama is feeling blessed this morning.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

There are some valleys that we go through that seem darker then others. It seems in these valleys we often cannot even put our request into words. Often we are so over come with fear of what may lie ahead, that we are afraid if we give voice to the fears we will somehow make them true and make them come to life. In is in these valleys that we can often feel the Holy Spirit surrounding us in a blanket of hope and love. As we begin to trust in God we begin to feel ourselves snuggling like a child who had a nightmare snuggling into their parents arms. The more our focus is on God the smaller the monster is that is in our mind. God may kill the monster for us or He may choose for us to go through the valley with the monster, but if our eyes are focused on Jesus the monster will lose his power over us. Sometimes it is an illness that God will choose to heal us of on earth and other times God will allow the illness to be our ticket into Heaven. I believe that no Christian ever crossed Jordan alone. This is not about losing heart or hope. It is about reminding ourselves that the God that stands with us on the mountain top is also the God that holds our hands in the deepest and darkest valleys. We had an Evangelist at Church yesterday and his emphasis was on reminding us that we are in the last minutes before the rapture. Our prayers for our lost loves ones should be fervent than ever. Remember my friends, we will have mountain top and valley experiences spiritually. Be encouraged in the Lord, remember David said to encourage yourself in the Lord.
A humming bird and a assorted birds this morning. I am blessed.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Do you every feel like you are taking baby steps? Or you are running and getting no where fast? The pace of our spiritual journey does seem to have varying speeds. Maybe it is the times that we feel like we are making little to no progress that we are growing deeper spiritually. It is possible that we cannot see our own spiritual growth so we do know our own progress till years down the road. While God wants us to search our hearts for sin, I don't think we need to be concerned about a daily check of our spiritual progress. As long as we are growing in the Lord, we can let God worry about where we are on the chart. Of course never compare your spiritual growth to others. We are all on our own spiritual journey.
Today is Valentines Day. A day set aside for love. Of course if you have a significant other make sure to let them know how much you love them. If this year you are alone do not hide in your home in self pity. Call someone who is also alone and have a celebration between the two of you. Go out to eat and see a movie, or go to a museum. Valentine's Day can be what you make it.
This morning a squirrel and a few birds. I am blessed. I thank God every day for the birds and the squirrels who eat in my yard.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Birds and squirrels fed and water out for the mail lady. This morning as I was going about my chores, I was reminded how God has been with me all of my life. He is with us when we cried our first cry at birth and He will be with us when we take our last breath on earth. Yet through out our life time we mostly take His presence for granted. We get caught up in the busyness of the day and rarely communicate with Him at all, unless we need something. Sad to say but we begin to treat Him like a vacuum cleaner in the corner, if we have a spill we use it. If not the cleaner is to stay in the corner and be quiet. Sometimes we do not want God to give an opinion about what we are doing or thinking. Sadly there are sometimes we wish that He would look away so He would not see what we did. I am not talking big sins. I am talking about the times we call the person who cut us off a bad word. Or God forbid we use our hand to signal how we feel to a driver who cut us off. Let's face it on those times we would prefer God's attention was elsewhere at the moment. I have never used the hand signal myself. Just never learned or wanted to learn how to do it. But it is sad when it is done and there is a "I love Jesus" bummer sticker. But I have been guilty of calling the person a jackrabbit, who cut me off. Though the word is nicer the anger is there which makes my sin the same. It is wonderful that God is with us every day, but let us be better Christians, knowing that He is with us. If not for our sake for His.
I believe we are growing in Christ and growing stronger every day. I believe as time is getting closer God is preparing His Bride for the rapture. It is because the time is short that the devil is fighting harder. This is not the time to slow down and coast. This is the time to pray more, read the Bible more, and try to attend Church when you can. I pray that God will bless you today and you will have a nice weekend .
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Today is the day that most employees look forward to all week. The start of the weekend. When time is ours and we can do what with it. Time is a most precious element, and yet it is probably the most wasted. If God was put in front of me a chart of the hours I have wasted in my life, I would hide in shame. I do believe we do need some me time. Some time reading a book just for fun, or whatever activity gives us enjoyment, this give our lives balance. As we get older and as our we begin to have health issues we find ourselves realizing that we cannot do as much as we used to. We have to decide which places need to be gone to today and which can wait to another day. We find that we can not do a complete cleaning of the house like we used to. This is the age that is important that we have some time with God in the beginning of the day or else we end up mumbling a child's prayer before falling into an exhausted sleep. It is important to remember God does not expect the same work out of a 60 plus person that He does a person in their 20's. He knows our weakness and frailties. It is not about how much we do for God but how willing our heart is. It is always about our heart. Work done for God out of bitterness and anger, is wasted work. Let us always be cheerful givers and cheerful workers. Seek God as you begin your day and ask Him to guide you as you go about your day.
The humming bird came to visit and hubby and I both enjoyed that. I am going to drive him on a few errands. I pray that God will bless each of you today and watch over you. Take time this weekend for fun times. Take time to laugh and play.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Thursday

I saw my first humming bird of this season yesterday and flowers are starting to bloom, which I take as a sign that spring is coming. Spring is my favorite season. Trees are still bear and drashtly looking. It seems as Christians we go through seasons in our lives. Sometimes we seem on fire for God and other times we are caught up in daily lives and then we go through valleys where it seems God is hard to find and our lives are like trees with no leaves. Just as plants need the rotating seasons so do our souls. It is during the winter season that our souls put down deep spiritual roots if we allow that to happen. It is up to us. We can either ride out the season barely getting by or we can seek God's face more then ever and grow deep in the Lord. Growth will cost you something, but you will find it is worth it. Stronger roots will make for stronger trees. Stronger trees should bare sweeter fruits and bigger quantity. The end result is with the struggle. We do not want to be that tree that just the smallest of wind and we are pulled out of the ground. Sometimes a tree will look great above ground but have a very weak root system. This why sometimes we hear of a person who we think of as a celebrity Christian who pubically falls down. They look good and they even draw big crowds but their root system was very weak. It is not how popular we are that measures our success, it is how we stand in the storm. We all want the beautiful flowers and lush fruit but we must go about tending to our roots system. Take care of your roots and God will take care of the flowers and the fruit. It is not the work we do in public that grows the flowers and produces the fruit. It is the private prayer and Study. So let us not worry about the part of our spiritual lives that people see, so much. Let us be concerned with what people don't see, the roots. It is the root system that will determine how well we will stand during a storm.
God is good and He is so good to us. Take the time today to pass some of that goodness onto others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

As Christians, we often say that God comes first in our lives, but does He? Is He just someone we call on when we have exhausted all other resources? Do we consider Him when we plan our day? I would be a liar if I said I always put God first. Let us face it , we have our plans and items on our list that have to be done for the day and is easy to lose God along the way. This doesn't make us bad people, it just makes us human. Yet if we began the day with prayer and ask Him to be with us through out the day, how much calmer our day may be. Seeking the help and guidance from God is not a sign of weakness but a sign of trust. This does not mean we will not have problems. I got lost going to Bible Study, yesterday. To those who know me more intimately, this is no surprise. I cannot read maps and I am easily rattled. I was frazzled and frustrated when I got to Bible Study. Yet when I left, I was blessed and calm. I wish I could say that I accepted getting lost with grace, but I was upset. Yet as many times as I get lost it upsets me because I am human. But I am getting better and was able to move on as soon as we stated Bible Study. We need to remember that while God is working on you, it is a process that takes a life time. Each time we should be less angry and angry less time but do not expect perfection from yourself. You are not perfect. This morning a few red birds and assorted other birds. I haven't seen a squirrel this morning.
I pray that God will give you peace of heart and mind today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

The house I grew up in did not have a large enough front porch so that you could sit outside and talk and neither did my grandmothers.  I think that was before my time.  I always saw movies that showed neighbor's sitting around talking and shooting the breeze and I thought that was wonderful.  I was born in 1952 and I do think that life was simpler then.  My sister and I walked to the store together and we rode our bikes all with out fear.  Today the world is a more scary place and parents are more fearful and rightfully so.   Yet, God has not left His throne and we can still trust Him to watch over our children.   While we need to take more precautions today and be more watchful we can still trust in God.  I think parents should pray with their young children and teach them how important it is to trust in God at a early age.   Nature is filled with tinest of insects to huge whales and yet God has provided for them all.  We can feel so small in comparison to Pastors and Missionaries and yet God provides for the tiny ants crawling on the ground.  The ant doesn't say to itself that it is just going to quit because it's job is insignificant.  No!  It goes about its job it's whole life, day by day.  So let us do our job for God the best we can.  Let us not be envious of the talent of others, but carry on with what God has given us to do.  When we face God we will not be judged for what others did or did not do.  We will be judged for our own works.  Whether we did our work for God or for the praise  of man.  Remember any work done for the praise  of man will not withstand the fire at the judgment seat of Christ.  So work for the favor of Jesus and not mankind. 
  I have seen lots of little birds this morning and a few flying insects.  The humming birds have left for the winter but some insects have been drinking the sugar water. Today I go to the first small group at our new Church.  I am looking forward to getting to know some people and studying God's Word together.  I hope everyone has a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Do you ever feel the need to remind God that you are made of flesh and easily torn and broken? That you can came from Adam and Eve and are easily led into sin and astray? God knows our weakness yet, sometimes we feel the need to remind Him that we are still in our sinful bodies and not in our glorified bodies ,yet. I do not think God is angry when we tell Him that. He may be amused, but not angry. For God wants us to come to Him in our weakness. No where in the Bible does it say: "Seek me out, when you become spiritual Giants". No! It is in our weakness and in our humility that God can use us for His glory. Prideful people who think they have it all together are NO use to God. That is why God called the simple, the weak, often the uneducated to work for Him. There is nothing wrong with education. God often uses educated people for His glory, but they had to start at Jesus' feet in a spirit of humility, like every one else. It is when we are willing to be used by God in His will that He can use us for His glory. This morning there were several red birds and this stated morning on a happy note. It is always good to start the day on a happy note. But many mornings the devil can start our morning with confusion and anger by making things go wrong. The best thing you can do at that moment is stop. Take a moment and pray. You might think that you are running late and don't have time to pray. But praying can give you peace and help you bring joy to your morning. Today let us find moments to give God praise and worship. Prayers do not have to be long. Short prayers from the heart matters to God. Be blessed today and be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Red birds and other assorted birds this morning, which of course puts a smile on this old lady's face. My hubby's ministry is making wooden and ceramic pens and given them and Christian tracts to fellow Veterans and Law enforcers and Firemen. He uses a product that hardens the wood. As human beings we can harden our own hearts towards God and men. I heard a Evangelist, say that he had talked to Rev. Billy Graham and that Graham had told him about a talk that he had with Marlyn Monroe two weeks before her death. He had shared the Gospel of Jesus with her. She told him that she did not need his Jesus. Two weeks later she was dead. There is no telling how many times she had heard the truth but over the years her heart had become so hardened to the truth that she could no longer hear it. This is why we often hear people of who are old and near death who are anti- God. Their hearts are to hard to bear the truth anymore. So sad. I wonder if as Christians if on some level we also allow ourselves to become hardened to God voice. Will He tell us in Heaven that He has big plans for us but we always rejected His leading? Did our hearts become harden to hear His words out of fear? I honestly do not know, but it is something to think about . Let us pray that we are open to hear the voice of God and be open to listen. We cannot change the past but we can allow God to lead us today and in the future. Let us strife to be eager beavers for the calling of God. May God bring you a special blessing today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

The Sun is out for a nice change, still a little chilly when I did the morning chores. It as nice to see a few red birds this morning along with assorted other birds. Bertha, my dog is enjoying lying in the bay window in the sun rays. The sun seems to shine comfort after dark days in the winter. Not that Texas has had much of a winter. The Holy Spirit is like the sun in our lives. When we go through dark times and we all do, the Holy Spirit will often bring rays of sunshine in our lives that bring hope. These rays of sunshine keeps us going. Remember Jesus told the Disciples that He would send the Holy Spirit to comfort and to guide them. We should never take the importance of the Holy Spirit to the believer for granted. It is important that every day we seek the will of the Father and ask Him to guide us in His will as we go about our day. May He open our eyes to opportunity to share His love with others. May He lay on our hearts those who need extra prayer. Even Facebook is a place to find prayer request. We do not have to know a person to pray for them, God knows them. Of course we should always pray for loved ones. I just saw the woodpecker. God brings me so many blessings to my yard. I am so thankful that even in my illness God thinks of me and sends me little diamonds of blessings. Just like how the birds make my day, you never know when you say a kind word to the lady or man checking you out at the store, how much hour kindness may mean to them. If I see a lady looking sad, I try to make a point of complimenting her purse or her blouse. It cost me nothing but every time the lady walks off with a huge smile. It is sad that we live in a day when kindness is rare. Let us strife to be the ray of sunshine in a dreary world. If you have got a person talking then you can sometimes offer to pray for them and they will let you. If not you can still pray for them silently. Today I feel hopeful. My circumstances have not changed but God is giving me hope. With God there is hope in the middle of our circumstances. I do not know what you are going through, but I pray that God brings you hope and little diamonds of blessing to brighten your day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I have received friend request on Facebook from men claiming to be in the military flattering me on my looks. I accepted a couple only because they said they were in the Military, only to find out that was a lie. Sadly, there are women my age that are so lonely they will part with what little money they have for flattery from a man they never have met nor ever will. I have never been overly concerned about my looks. When I look at the mirror I see a woman who has grown older and has the wrinkles and white hair to prove it and then I move on. It is sad when strangers take advantage of women who have not been able to adjust to the aging process. Having a boy toy don't make an older woman young. The devil often uses sin to deceive us, to make us feel we are something we are not. We have seen old men having affairs with young girls because it makes them feel young and the same with old women. Committing fornication destroyers families and the younger affairs rarely last. It is gratifying to see older couples walking hand in hand together who have stood together through storms and come out together at the end. It is a blessing in this age to see couples married over 40 plus years together. No! I am not being critical of those who are divorced. I would never advise a woman to stay married to a man who uses her as a punching bag. It is not my place to judge anyone who has gotten a divorce. But to the newly married couples keep your loving in your own marriage bed for the good of your marriage. I do not know why I went there. That was not my intention. Maybe someone needed that. If you know a newly married couple pray for them. They are under more of a struggle then couples in the past. Pray daily for your mate. Only God knows what your mate is going through, especially couples in their 50's and up. Men that are above 50 were raised at a time that they did not admit to their weakness. So pray for your men daily. Pray for your adult children. Our children often don't want to be a burden and tell us their problems. Pray for your children who go to School. Let us have a heart for prayer and praise and worship.
Betty

Sassy girl, one of my cats took a running jump at the birds feeder an attacked the bird feeder. No birds at the time. The only thing I can figure she was curious as what the birds are attracted to. My cats are not to bright.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

As I look out the back yard, in one of the feeders is so many tiny birds it looks like one huge bird. So many birds eating together peacefully. I am so looking forward to the time when Christ, Himself will rule the world and there will be no war and the lion and lamb will lie side by side in peace together. Yet to get to that time there will be 7 years of the worse time in History. This is why we should pray often for our lost lost one so they will not miss the rapture and have to live through the tribulation. On the opposite side what a glorious time we will have at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. I do not believe there are any words to describe the beauty or the wonder of that time, to come. The time of suffering and yes there are many suffering today will seem so insignificant when we sit at the table with Jesus. The more we study about Heaven, the more our desire to do our best on earth for Jesus should be. Let us not just pray for our lost loved ones but lost loved ones around the world. God loves them as much as He loves our kinfolks. Pray for those Muslims that are being martyrdom for converted to Christianity. Pray for the Missionaries around the world. Pray for Christians around the world in prisons for their faith. Pray for Pastors in America to stand for truth of the Bible and stop being PC. Pray for God to search your heart. In everything you do, pray. Seek the Lord, in all your ways. If I could express one thing today its if I am hearing God say over and over in my heart remind others to pray.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day,

Sitting here with my coffee and my morning chores done. I have found as I get older I like a routine and get a little cranky if my routine gets off. I think that is a pattern with age. This morning was one of those mornings that things went as planned. When we do our chores we can use that time to talk to God and think on His goodness. Our praise time doesn't have to be always at Church but we can have a praise time even as we clean the kitchen or when we our driving and listening to praise and worship music. The Bible say that God inhabits our praise, wherever it is. When we spend time praising God then our attitude towards others becomes sweeter and you spread joy where every you go. I am not talking silliness but a peaceful kind of joy that makes people feel better being in your presence. Of course alittle bit of silliness and fun is great occasionally. But we need to be over filled with joy and peace became this world is desperate for peace and joy. True peace and joy is not fake and is not manufactured. It comes only from the Holy Spirit. We have to seek the gift of joy and peace. As the age of the Gentiles comes to an end we will need to spend more time with Jesus or we will be easily led astray and be like leaves flapping in the wind. We will be in a battle with the devil till the moment the trumpet sounds. The devil is not going to give up so let us be prepared for battle. Get the Sword of Truth ( The Bible) out every day and be prepared. The devil is not going to warn you before he attacks. He prefers to sneaks an attack. You fight back with God's Word and remind Him the truth of God's Word. Remind the devil of his future in the lake of fire. May you and your family be blessed today. You notice I am more upbeat today. My circumstances has not changed but God is changing my heart. God often changes our hearts before our circumstances. We must trust God even when our circumstances are the same. My healing may came on earth or in Heaven but I will choose to praise Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV)
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I have been sick with the crud since last Wednesday and along with the other diseases that I a have. Yesterday I had to change an appointment hubby had with the Cardiologist today because I got dizzy changing the clothes to the washer to the dryer. Driving an hour and half both ways, was not going to happen today.
We don't often understand why God allows us to be blindsided. I would surely like to ask God if He doesn't think I have enough on my plate already. But I am learning to trust. It is often when we are down that the devil blind sides us. We have to remind ourselves that God is with is. He has not taken a leave of absence and He has not gone on vacation. We may feel alone but that is the devil, trying to mislead us. The more we trust God the stronger our faith grows. God doesn't want us to be bottled fed Christians all our lives. He wants us to be men and women of Faith. He wants His Children to be warriors for God. Meat eaters of the Word of God. It takes hard times to accomplish growth in the Lord. Spiritual growth hurts. How can we face future hurts if we fall apart today? I wish I could say that I arrived. That I never have questions, but like you, I fall down. It is the getting up and wiping ourselves off that makes us grow. There is no shame in falling, if you get up. I do not know what God will have to bring you through to bring spiritual growth. With me, it has been daily pain, times of humiliation and daily weakness. Yet when I look back on the journey I can honestly say this journey has been worth it. If I were to die today I could say every thing God allowed me to go through was worth it to be where I am with God today. Am I saying I am perfect? God forbid! Where I am shows me more and more my imperfections. But my journey has brought me closer then ever to God. The truth is I did not volunteer for this journey and many times God had to drag me kicking and screaming but as always God knew best. Even today I pray that my healing is soon. My strength is so low and I am so very tired. But I am learning to pray even so your will, Lord Jesus. What ever path the Lord has for you accept His will with grace and trust Him for He does best and in your weakness He will bring His strength.
Betty

Even in the dark times God brings tiny diamonds of hope. With me it is birds and squirrels.

--------------------

knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 10 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! happens to me also.

God bless.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Feeling a little better this morning. Just enough to do my morning chores and then get weak and cranky and fussy. Lucky I was in the kitchen by myself and took my frustration out on the faucet. I am sure they faucet was wondering why I was fusing at it for being in the wrong setting when I was the one who set the setting in the first place. Do you ever wonder if God wants to stomp His feet and yell at us when He has to remind us the same lesson over and over? As often as we get tired of having to go through the same path over and over, He must wonder if we will ever learn! Yet He is patient with us and loving! Sometimes it's seems that we have past a hurdle with flying colors only years later we fail at it again. Sometimes because the devil puts a different spin on it. Sometimes it is because we have become prideful and feel we have become overcomers. Nothing causes a fall like pride. Other times it is just because the devil sees our success and is out to get us. But either way we must keep our trust in God and stay close to Him. Whether we fall or get knocked down, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves up, ask for forgiveness and search the Word of God for what we can learn from our fall. Find a blessing in our fall and move on. Do not let the devil keep you down. Get up and move on! Turn what the devil meant for bad into a blessing. Turn a lump of coal into a diamond. We are all going to get tripped up or fall. If the devil isn't after your then you are not living right! So stay prayed up, fired up, and ready for God to use you! Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Betty

A handful of red birds this morning. Yesterday as I was I was sitting under my electric throw there was a red bird almost under my window. I felt really blessed

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Two days in a row and I laid in bed till noon. I feel no shame because, rest is what I need. There is no need of shame for taking care of a sick body. Just as we must feed our souls our physical bodies need extra care when they are ill. Sometimes when we are ill physically we can use that time to rest spiritually also. We can take that time to rest at Jesus feet. We can use that time for extra prayer time. Of course we need to use some time for extra sleep. Resting and sleep is something we need and there is no shame in that. In the past I have often denied I was sick doing halfhearted work instead of stopping and resting this has resulted in a body that does not heal well and has a sick immune system. I do not recommend it. If you are sick, admit it and get some rest. There is no shame in being sick. Just as there is no shame in getting physically sick there is no shame in getting off track spiritually. When we feel that we need help spiritually reach out to someone we trust for prayer and guidance. None of us are spiritual Giants and we all need prayer sometimes. No Christian has arrived to perfection. So if you are having issues seek help and guidance. Let us not walk so high and mighty that other Christians are afraid to reach out to us. We do not have the right to think to highly of ourselves. As Christan's let us have a loving attitude to one another, so that others feel we are attainable, when they need a helping hand a shoulder to lean on. Let others see Jesus in us.

I see several red birds and a few tiny birds.
Betty

Sheltered in the Arms of God
I feel the touch of hands so kind and tender.
They're leading me in the paths that I must trod.
I'll have no fear for Jesus walks beside me
For I'm sheltered safe in the arms of God.

So let the storms rage high,
The dark clouds rise,
They don't worry me;
For I'm sheltered safe within the arms of God.
He walks with me,
And naught of earth shall harm me,
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.

Soon I shall hear the call from heaven's portals. Come home my child,

It's the last mile you must trod
I'll fall asleep
And wake in God's new heaven

So let the storms rage high,
The dark clouds rise,
They don't worry me;
For I'm sheltered safe within the arms of God.
He walks with me,
And naught of earth shall harm me,

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This was one of those rare mornings that my tummy allowed me to lie in the bed very late. Which is good because I am suffering with a head and chest cold. As I was feeding the birds I got to thinking about how it would be if we had a gauge on our forehead that showed where we were spiritually. Some people who have a high opinion of themselves would be embarrassed and shocked by their gauge and shocked by others that they think less of who may rate spiritually higher then themselves. David in Psalms ask God to search his heart and let him know if there is any sin there. We need to do this also. Of course God did not call is to be in competition with one another. But are we growing spiritually? Are we allowing false teachers and preachers to sow lies in our hearts? These are questions we have to ask God in our quiet time with Him. It is wonderful to listen to teachers and preachers on TV and the radio. I highly recommend it. But check what they say against God's Word. Contrary to what they say, God has not change His mind nor has God ever made a mistake. Let us seek to be the person God wants us to be. Let Jesus be your guide and not a person. Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Before I developed several Chronic diseases, I would have thought the common cold was nothing. But yet all it takes is the common cold to knock me off of my game. This morning I awoke at 10 with my throat hurting every time I swallowed, my nose hurting when I breathed, and finally at 10:30, I stumbled to the bathroom, only to go back to bed until 11:00. All during this time, the devil is taking me down memory lane. Not about happy memories, but about all the times people I trusted who have told lies on me and destroyed relationships. See the devil knows how to hit us when we are down. It was only when I reminded the devil that while I had been hurt, it was God that got me through each hurt and each disappointment. It was then the devil when on his merry way. The devil knows the trigger for all of us. If we are not careful, he can get us to wallow in the muck of self pity. It is only when we remind ourselves that God saw us through and we are no longer in the mud, that the devil will move on. We must remind ourselves that the devil does not care about us, never has and never will. We must resist the devil. The Bible says resist the devil and he will flee. None of us are perfect and we have hurt others, also. We have to forgive those who hurt us and we have to forgive ourselves. Don't stay in the rut of shame but move on. All of us get sick and when we do take care of our bodies. Get rest and take medication. Be patient with ourselves. Be patient with others. Be kind to ourselves and to others. Memories have a place in our lives. Good memories are great. My mom set many a Holiday dinner fit for a King. Bad memories also can serve a purpose. They can remind us not to repeat a sin. But we cannot wallow in our painful memories or we will not grow spiritually and we cannot live in our great spiritual memories because we need to be living for Jesus today. Seek today to work for the Lord and seek today to make new memories for God. Be blessed, my friends and work for God. The time is short and one day it will be too late to work. May God bless you today.
Betty

A few birds today including a red bird. I bought a new feeder yesterday and 80 more pounds of feed. I saved 6 bucks.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I awoken sicker this morning then usual. I started the medication last Thursday. I guess I thought I would be well by now. It reminded me of the joke: "give me patience, Lord and give it to me yesterday!". Medication takes time, just as spiritual grow takes time. As human being especially Americans who live in a fast world where we have fast food, instant texting and streaming movies we expect everything to be fast. Fast does not always equal good. We want the Pastor to pray over us and there to be instant healing. Sometimes God works that way but often it is through a healing process. I often speak of a journey because our life is a journey from birth to death. Not only a physical journey but a spiritual journey. Our spiritual journey often gets derailed by circumstances, but God calls us back and we get back on the path. Sometimes our path takes us up mountains that we think we can never climb and into valleys where we cannot see from our tears but it is through this journey that our souls grow strong and our spirit learns to fly. As we learn to walk by faith and to wait on God we can learn to abide in Him and not stress over the daily struggles. Walking by faith is not a choice we make once it is a daily choice that we all have to make. We will have times that we give into despair and question God. When this happens, do not blame others or deny your moment of unbelief. Seek God's forgiveness and move on. God did not call us to be perfect Christians but to have hearts for God. May we hear at the end of our life: "Well done my good and faithful servant"!

This morning about 45 tiny birds eating and two fat cats siting next to the fence intimating the other birds.
I wonder how many times God is working in my life and I am looking in the wrong direction and do not see?
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I saw a cartoon the other day on Facebook where the man is questioning the amount of his ticket. The young lady says:"We are now charging for emotional baggage". The reality is you don't have to live long in this world to have emotional baggage. We move it around a lot and for the most part we rarely deal with it but there are times it is right on our face, usually at the most inconvenient time. I am coming on 64 and I do not have the answer how to completely deal with emotional baggage. I have found the more I pray about it the less it raises its ugly head. I do believe the closer we walk with Christ the less this baggage can influence us, and the less it can hurt us. In someways it can be a positive, reminding us of where God has brought us from. As long as we remember we are not define by our past or our past hurts, but where God is leading us and our relationship with Him. There may be times we do need a reminder if we get to thinking we are a better Christian then someone else, but for the most part, push the baggage to the baggage compartment and serve God today. As we grow closer to the end of the Gentiles and the Church Age the devil is working harder then ever. This means as children or God, we need to be arming are selves with the Word of God, the Shield of Faith and preparing ourselves for spiritual battle. The devil seeks to devour us and if we are not careful we can become easy pickings. Are we remembering to pray for one another? Are we studying the Word of God? I see failures in my own life. Are you seeing failures in yours? Let us seek forgiveness and start this day again, seeking the face of God. Go and be blessed and seek to bless others.

Betty

There is a handful of birds. I scared off some when I put out the food, but they will come back. I especially enjoy watching the little sparrows. I remember Jesus said He cares for the sparrows and He cares for us even more.

His Eye Is On The Sparrow

The Faith We Sing Number 2146
Text: Mrs. C. D. Martin
Music: Chas. H. Gabriel
Tune: SPARROW, Meter: Irr. with Refrain
1. Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart be lonely
and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion?
My constant friend is he:
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.

Refrain:
I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
for his eye is on the sparrow,

2. "Let not your heart be troubled,"
his tender word I hear,
and resting on his goodness,
I lose my doubts and fears;
though by the path he leadeth
but one step I may see:
(Refrain)

3. Whenever I am tempted,
whenever clouds arise,
when song gives place to sighing,
when hope within me dies;
I draw the closer to him,
from care he sets me free:
(Refrain)

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

II Cor 12:9. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

People of the world hide their weakness and accent their strengths. Those of us who have served the Lord very long, know that God often chooses to work in the area of our weaknesses. It is in the very area we seek to hide that God often shines. But we have to step out of the way and let go of pride. Our pride can keep God from working in His fullness. We have to stop being concerned about what others may think and more concerned about allowing God to reign in our lives. Of course it is not easy. But remember God loves us and He will never bring shame to us. The Holy Spirit wants to being glory to God and He will never do anything that brings shame and confusion. It is a simple matter of trust. Yet trust is neither simple nor easy. Trust is a muscle that must be stretch and used every day or it shrinks and can become useless over time. As children of God let us be like the man who came for healing who said: "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!" Acknowledge that there are areas where our trust needs to grow and seek to grow in those areas. Lord knows our weakness and He loves us inspite of our weaknesses. Our days can get busy, but let us try to remember to praise God through out the day.

I had a lot of birds this morning, but fat mama cat is lying under one of the bird feeders to intimidate the birds. She is so focused that she doesn't see the bird eating behind her. We can be like that. We can be so focused on something that we totally missed out on what God is trying to show us. Be blessed today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I was blessed to go to Church yesterday but was in pain all day. I took pain medication during the day that took the edge off the pain and I took one at 7:30. Because I have ADD, tramadol keeps me awake at night. My doctor doesn't believe me and refuses to give me something else so I had a sleepless night. This was two out of three nights. I have a compromised immune system so I woke up at 10:30 with a cold, sore throat, and horse so I turned over and went back to sleep until 12:15. I say this to remind us Christians that we need to take care of our bodies. We can become so involved in doing "Church" work that we become physically ill. It is not God who is working us over time, but because we hate to say no. Sometimes it is our pride. We want to be know as hard workers. Of course God has called us to work for Him. But, if we take on more then we can physically handle we become burned out and physically ill. It is okay to say no. It is okay to realize we have enough on our plate. Better to give our all to what God has called us to do then to give less because we have taken too much on. Remember to pray for our fellow workers in our local Church. Even if you do not know their name you can pray for the one plays the piano, the one who leads the singing and those who teach the children. Of course we should always pray for our Pastor. Today, I will spend most of the day sitting under my electric throw napping, but I can pray for others. We can pray for others, even when we are driving. May Go help us to be great prayer warriors.

Even though I fed the birds late, they still came. I am thankful for my daily blessing of seeing birds, yesterday a squirrel was right out my window eating. I was quite pleased. I pray that God will bless you today with moments of joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Hubby went to Church with me this morning. Thank you, Jesus! This morning the Pastor asked if we were F.A.T. Christians. No! He was not preaching on gluttony. F.A.T. Stands for:
Faithful
Available
Teachable
To be use by God we must be all three. Of course there are times that we may be only one or two out of three, but we should strife to be all three. He was preaching on discipleship. Sadly in a survey of people who consider themselves to be Christians only 25% consider discipleship important. Yet the first thing Jesus did was appoint the 12 disciples. One of the last thing He did was to give the disciples the great commission, which was to go out and make disciples. As Christians we often are coasting our way into Heaven. I know because I am often right there, myself. We can be too comfortable in our relationship with Christ to the point we take it for granted. We want to be a great Christias but we do not want the struggles and the pain that causes us to grow. That is normal because, who wants pain and discomfort? Yet it is in those times of pain and discomfort when our souls grow and learns to shine for God. Let us seek to be F. A. T. Christians. Let us seek to walk so close to Jesus that when we talk to strangers at the grocery store that we give off a sweet fragrance of peace and joy. May others see Jesus in us.

Sitting in my chair in the living room, covered by my electric throw with the dog in my lap. There is a few birds on the feeder by the house.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapour in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

Not because of who I am

A vapor in the wind
I am Yours, I am Yours

Not because of who I am

A vapor in the wind
I am Yours, I am Yours

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Hubby got up with me this morning and helped me with the morning chores and then we fixed breakfast together. A pleasant surprise to start the day. I slept well last night. Sleep is something we take for granted until we have a sleepless night. There are a lot of gifts we experience from God that we take for granted. Good health, good finances, a good marriage we all take for granted. Until something happens and throws a wrench in our lives. My parents and even my husband and I lived in a time when you went to work for a company and you retired there. Now days the older you get, the less likely the company will keep you. Sadly big business no longer seems to value experience and loyalty. It is a shame but a sad reality. We have companies that do not value employees, which makes for employees that do not value their jobs. A sad mixture. No one seems to know how to fix it and it only seems to be getting worse. This has seemed to rubbed off spiritually, too. We can begin to feel that God should be grateful that we give Him one hour a week. We can become so arrogant in our relationship with God. God help us when we feel like that going to Church on Sunday is doing God a favor! Surely, He wants to just knock us up the side of the head some time. What a privilege it is to sit in His House and praise His Name! May we remind ourselves the greatness of God and may we humble ourselves before Him. If we do not humble ourselves, God will have no choice but to humble us. When God has to humble us, it is not pleasant. Remind yourselves of the greatness of God. When God looks down from Heaven, we must be like an ant crawling on the ground. Yet, He loves us. How dare we become arrogant and proud! Let us be thankful for our God who loves and wants to spend time with us, everyday.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I was awake till 4 this morning and woke up in pain at 10:30. Physically I feel defeated. Yet I am more then just a physical body. Inspite of my struggles I am strong in the strength of the Lord. Even though I am struggling I can find hope and rest in God my Savior. I have sought to walk in the will of my Lord and Savior, Jesus. If it is His will that I walk down this path of pain and physical weakness, then I choose to do so not because I am a great Christian, but because He is a great God. When there are moments of discouragement and despair, I can choose to trust or I can chose to wallow in self pity. I would be lying if I said that I never take the route of pity. Yet when I choose to trust, I grow stronger in the Lord and my path though often crooked is sustainable through faith in God. I do not know the struggles you are having or the dark path you are walking on, but God does. Whatever God is taking you through, He is right there with you. He has not forsaken you. As human beings it is only natural to fight against the struggle, yet when we give into the will of God we will find peace in our hearts and our minds. Don't deny the struggle. It is real. Your tears are real, but God knows all about your tears. Don't give up. There is a reward at the end of your journey. Heaven awaits us and we shall find that the end is so worth the journey. Do not compare your journey to others. We all have our own journey and our own struggles. Keep your eyes on Jesus and the blessed hope of the trumpet sound, calling His children to Heaven's Glory. We can walk our stony paths with joy and peace of heart if we keep our eyes and our trust in God. Choose today to walk down your path with joy, remembering to have a heart of thanksgiving and praise to our God and Savor, Jesus. Be a blessing to those you come in contact with.

It seems we have a new possum. Our son saw a baby possum eating on the porch last night. I moved the food away from the porch. I prefer the possum not come in the Doggy door. I put it on the table hoping it can get up there, but that the older bigger possums can't. I still think I older possum killed the other baby. We have assorted birds today. I haven't seen a squirrel today.

Betty

P.S. Just got the call about the results. My pancreas ezemes are too low. They are putting me on medication.

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement