Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 1)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 27,2019
Monday

Memorial Day

For years I and others have made the mistake of asking “what are you doing to celebrate Memorial Day?”. Memorial Day is not a day of celebration. It is a day of remembering those who went to war to fight for America’s freedom and never returned. I am not saying it is wrong for the family to get together and have a BBQ, but when you get together and there is no one missing, think of the families whose mom, dad, brother and sister are not able to be there, because they sacrificed their lives to keep us free.

Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice. He left the Glories of Heaven to come to earth as a helpless babe and to live and die for the sins of the world. His death and resurrection purchased the salvation of all who are willing to come to Him and accept His Precious Gift. When we attend the funeral of a Christian loved one, we have hope. Hope of seeing them again in Heaven.

Today let us thank God for all those who were willing to fight for our Country. Remember with reverence those who gave all. I have often heard that there is no atheist in a foxhole. Only God knows the amount of men and women who cried out to God before their death. We can have hope in seeing these in Heaven, one day.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 26, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Troubles Abound

Hebrews 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God

In this world we will suffer tribulation and troubles, but God has not forsaken us. Paul tells us to look to Jesus in times of trouble. He is our sustainer and or buckler against the raging wind. If our heart is right with God, He will hear our cries. In times of trouble, He will give us peace. Sometimes we need to start off our prayers asking for forgiveness and then we praise His Name for the sacrifice He made to provide a reconciliation between God and us. Then we can go boldly to the throne with our petitions and request.

Live for God everyday. Do not be a Sunday only Christian. Seek Him with your whole heart and He will guide you in His perfect will. When we walk the path that God chooses, we will still have troubles but we can be assured that God picked that path for us, for His perfect reason. We can always trust God.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 25, 2019
Happy Saturday,

How Much More Can God Stand?

This week I saw a picture of three women holding up signs calling unborn babies parasites. This hurt my heart. To call precious babies such a horrible name. The excuse is the baby needs mama to live. If we bring a dog or cat into our house, is it not dependent on us for their food and water. Yet, no one would call a pet a parasite.

So many people support planned parenthood, and yet the founder was a racist. I never understood the name in the first place. They do not help couples plan a family. They kill babies. That is their mission. Have you ever noticed that many who protest for abortion have a evil and angry look about them? It is almost like the evil in their hearts is beginning to show on their faces.

More and more people around the world are coming out against Christians. We are getting closer to the tribulation. We are in the birth pains and the pains are increasing. This world is becoming more evil every day. It is getting more uncomfortable for those who believe the truth of the Gospel. I say this not to make us afraid. We need to be ready every day for the rapture. Until then stayed prayed up and ready for the return of Jesus for His Own.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 24, 2019
Happy Friday,

Friends

An unexpected call from a friend can be a great blessing. Hearing from someone who you love and they love you, can be a great encouragement. Christian friends are even more special, because you know that they pray for you. As we pray for them. We often underestimate prayers. Prayers are a direct line to Heaven.

Psalm 34:17 King James Version (KJV)17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Proverbs 15:29 King James Version (KJV)29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

God knows His children and He hears their voices. Whatever our needs are we cry out to God and He will hear our cry. Talking to God should be more then about our requests, but also about our praise for our God and Savior. We all have times that we have questions about our future. Yet, even in times of not knowing what tomorrow holds we can be at peace knowing that God does know and whatever tomorrow holds, He will be with us.

Psalm 91:1-2 King James Version (KJV)91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Find rest and peace in the presence of Almighty God. Rejoice in the knowledge that this life is not all there is. Eternity in Heaven awaits those who have given their lives to Jesus and live for His Will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

https://youtu.be/pCfFi8SDz6I

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 23, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Attacks From The Devil

The devil cannot wait to attack us. He will attack us before we get out of bed. His goal is to create doubt in our hearts and minds. At times he can even make us doubt our salvation . This is when we go to God in prayer. We talk to God about our fears and doubts. When we do, God will give us peace and fill our hearts with songs of praise.

Psalm 28:7-8 “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him. The LORD is their strength, and He is the saving refuge of His anointed.”

When we begin to praise God, the devil will flee. He is not interested in being a part of our worshipping and praising God. God is worthy of all praise and yet when we worship God, He gives us the gift of peace of mind. Even though we may be going through a battle in our personal life, we can trust God to be with us every step. He will not forsake us or abandon us.

Remember the old song that said “I don’t know about tomorrow but I know who holds my hand”. When we remind ourselves that God is in control, we can be at peace when we have health issues, job issues, and any other issue the devil throws at us. When we stop looking at the problem and keep our eyes on Jesus, we can live in peace.

Filling the bird feeders, daily now. Listening to their songs, refreshes me and reminds me that God loves me.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 22, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Where is My Heart?

Jeremiah 17:9-10 King James Version (KJV)9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

We see played out before our eyes, politicians who claimed to pray every day and yet out of their mouths spew hatred and filth. They claim to have a relationship with God and yet they refused 47 times in Congress to even hear a bill that would force abortion Doctors to provide medical care for babies born alive during abortion.

Luke 6:45 King James Version (KJV)
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

They claim to being doing the will of God, yet their own words betray them. Their words are filled with hate and they have chosen to embrace evil over the true will of God. Their own words reveal where their heart is. They have not given their hearts and minds to God. Instead they have in their ignorance chosen to serve the devil.

Proverbs 15:28-29 King James Version (KJV)
28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

God will not hear the prayers of the wicked. People who have made a career out of embracing and promoting abortion and other sins, no longer have access to the ears of the Lord. The Bible makes it clear that He will not always strife with mankind. People can reach a point where they have hardened their ears and hearts to the point that the Holy Spirit will leave them to die in their sins.

The question is where is our heart? Do we have a heart for the things of God. Are we slowly giving sins our approval? Standing up for the truth of God’s Holy Word has consequences. People will think we are a fanatic. My friends, it is better to be a “religious fanatic” in the eyes of the world and be in right standing with God. Compromise can lead us down a slippery slope right into Hell.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 21, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

We Are No Accident

Psalm 139:14 King James Version (KJV)14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

The devil has hated mankind since Adam was made by God. I have heard it said that the devil is jealous because Jesus died for our sins and not for his. The devil knew that Jesus would die for mankind’s sins before Adam was made. Thus, he hated human beings from the beginning.

In the Book of Esther, we read of Haman and his hatred of Mordecai, who was a Jew. The devil filled Haman’s heart with hate for Mordecai so the devil could use that hate to wipe the Jews off the face of the earth. By doing so, he thought he could prevent the birth of Jesus, thus preventing salvation from coming to mankind. The devil’s pride (the same pride that got him kicked out of Heaven) prevented him from seeing that God would prevail.

The devil has been driven ever since to devalue human beings. Evolution was just the start to convince human beings that they were no different then animals. The belief in Evolution has led to abortion. It will also lead to killing those who are disabled and elderly. Evolution over looks one important truth. Mankind was made by God and instilled with a soul. Mankind was made to worship God and animals were not. Mankind was made with a soul that was meant to worship God. Instead mankind worships the creation and not the creator.

Romans 1:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

No human being was an accident. God had a plan for each person. We were made to be a part of the Heavenly Kingdom and to serve God. Sadly, so many are serving the devil thinking that they are serving themselves. The devil promotes the lie that we were just another animal in the line of evolution. The truth is we were created for a purpose.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 20, 2019
Happy Monday,

He Knows Us

This Morning, I refilled the bird feeders and the humming bird feeder. As usual I made quite the mess with the humming bird feeder. I have learned to fill that one outside. I am used to my issues with that feeder, so I actually did not get upset at losing some on the ground, maybe some ants can enjoy the sugar water.

Not only does God knows us well, but so do the devil’s demons. He knows which buttons to push to set us off. We do ourselves a great favor when we remember our own issues and be prepared. If we are prone to get angry when we cannot find our keys, make sure to put our keys in the same place before we go to bed. This keeps us from having a melt down looking for our keys. If we are going somewhere where there are those we have to deal with for business, that sets us off, we pray for God’s help before we leave the house. As we are driving,
we pray for those at the meeting that God will fill each person attending with peace. We pray that God will go before us and pave the way with peace and grace.

When we have some quiet time, spend a portion with God. Praying that He will revive our spirit with peace and grace. If we arrive somewhere, angry we can set the tone for friction and stress. We cannot change others and there are times we will have to deal with those who are bitter and angry. We can pray and ask God to help us to respond in love and kindness. We are so much better off when we leave bitter, angry people to God’s justice and concentrate on being the person God wants us to be.

We are not responsible for the actions of others. Our responsibility is to be the person that God wants us to be. We should pray that God will helps us grow spiritually so that we can be used to be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 19, 2019

Blessed Sunday,

Kindness

Pastor preached on Kindness, this morning. At 67, I can tell you from experience that kindness is not as abundant as it was when I was a child. There are still some kind people,but there are so many evil people in the world people who get the most attention. I saw a video of an adult woman on a city bus, pushing off an elderly man, killing him because he was too slow for her.

There was a time that children were taught to respect the elderly. Now children are more often to be taught to demand their rights. Parents are raising children who are less in prone to see their need for a Savior, because they are being taught to embrace their own importance. Children are being cheated of spiritual knowledge of their sinful nature and the love of God who sent His Own Son to live and die for the sins of mankind.

As Christians we pray for children and youth. We pray for God to open doors for the young people to be exposed to the truth. We pray that God will use us for His Glory. We open our heart to God for His Will.

Betty

So many little birds that I am refilling the feeders every other day. God is indeed blessing me with my little diamonds of joy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 18, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Mixed Up Nights

It 5:28 in the morning and I haven’t yet gone to sleep. There was a time that I would be upset about this. I have realized that whatever is effecting my brain is affecting my sleep. I go days that I cannot sleep and then I go days when I could sleep 14 hours straight. At this point, I just go with the flow. I sleep when I can and when I cannot I play with game apps on my tablet and talk to God.

There is something peaceful about being awake in the middle of the night and talking to God as you would a friend. For indeed Jesus is not only our God and Savior but He is our friend. Just laying out your heart to God and seeking His will for your life, brings peace of mind.

There are things in this life we will not understand until we get to Heaven. This is when trust in God provides peace. Ours is not to reason why God allows things in our lives but to pray that God will use our circumstances to help us grow into stronger children of God with stronger faith. Just as I have learned that fighting against my brain is not working, so does squirming and trying to get out of the will of God, a waste of time and strength. We do so much better when surrender to His perfect will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 17, 2019
Happy Friday

Overcoming Fear

Although my cat is physically fine, she is paralyzed by fear. She has been hiding behind boxes in my closet. She is no longer in danger but she has given into fear. We too can be paralyzed by fear. We have chosen to hide behind fear, rather then stepping out in faith. Fear of past hurts by people we trust can cause us to trust no one. We can lose the ability to share ourselves with others out of fear.

We share just enough so that others knows us by name, but they do not know who we really are. We can become so protective of ourselves that even people in the Church do not even know our struggles. I wish I could tell you a magician’s trick to fix fear. I do not know one. I do know the closer we grow to God, the less our fear is.

Opening up to others is hard for me. I have shared more of myself through my blog then I ever do face to face with a person. Only by God’s encouragement and grace have I been able to share my struggles with you, my friends. Knowing that my struggles, helps you trust more in God has been my purpose for this blog. To be used by God to serve His Kingdom, gives me the faith to step up and open up my heart.

Our faith in God keeps us working and serving Him with our whole heart. We do not serve God for rewards in Heaven, though they do exist. We serve God out of our love for Him. God bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 16, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Make Me A Blessing

Early appointment at the Vet for the dog and cat. Now we are back home. Hubby, the dog, and I went back to bed. The cat is lying in the living room. The cat got into the neighbors yard last night. Our neighbors are sweet people and as it turned out their dogs just wanted to play. The Vet said the cat is just find. We were reminded once again how blessed we are to have loving and caring neighbors.

God puts certain people in our lives to encourage us and bless us. Can others say the same about us? Do we seek to encourage one another? Do we look for ways to be a blessing to other people? Let us make it our prayer to be used by God, by allowing His love to shine through us to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 15, 2019
Happy Wednesday

Big Problems -vs- Little Problems

The news yesterday about my confusion was not the greatest. They are going to do a biopsy on both sides of my forehead to see if the issue is inflammation in those veins. My blood showed an inflammation level of 80 when it is suppose to be under 30. I get these headaches where it feels like my upper part of my head is being squeezed in a vice. They are going to do a MRI to see what is causing the headaches to the back of my head. Yesterday that did ECC to see how my brain is functioning. Results come back in three to four days on the ECC.

Last night I could not sleep but not because I was worried about my health, but over a Hospital bill from January. I got the second bill yesterday and noticed that Doctor’s office had put I had cosmetic surgery when I had a growth removed from inside my elbow. My brain kept going over what I was going to say to the people at the Doctor’s office. I talked today to the Doctor’s assistant Nurse who was in the operating room and he remembers them removing the growth. Maybe my mind found it easy to deal with the hospital bill over what the test can show.

Truth is we can find ourselves making our selves sick worrying about little things. Sometimes we are not so quick to give the little things that trouble us to God and when we attempt to, we often do not leave them at the feet of Jesus.

I pray that a God will help us to trust Him in the big things and the little things.
Keep looking for your little diamonds of joy sent to you by our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 14, 2019
Happy Tuesday

The One Who Seeks to Destroy

I woke up from a dream that upset me. We can not control what we dream. Sometimes the devil will get in our dreams and cause us to have sinful thoughts in the dream. When we awake the devil will then pounce on us and make us question our salvation. The Holy Spirit will remind us that the devil is the father of lies. Our salvation is secure in Jesus. No matter what the devil puts in your dream, we are secure in Christ. Remember the devil is out to destroy Christians. He wants us to question our salvation and to plant fear in our hearts. We remind ourselves the devil lies and then we have a talk with Jesus.

1 Peter 5:8 King James Version (KJV)8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We must be diligent in our faith and walk with God. The devil is out to destroy the faith of Christians and cripple their testimony. It is a sad thing when the devil has a Christian so fearful that they are afraid to even say they are a Christian. It’s even worse when the devil confuses a Christian to the point, that what they believe is contrary to the Holy Bible.

We can open the door to the devil by compromising our beliefs so that we do not upset our friends. By doing this we have open the door to the devil to take us so far from the truth that even sinners doubt we are saved. Remember Jesus always spoke the truth in love. Even when He healed someone, He reminded them not to sin.

Remember the closer we walk with Jesus and the more time we spend in the Word of God, the less we will be open to the lies of the devil. We will be warned by the Holy Spirit when we hear false preaching and teaching. The Holy Spirit warns us so we can flee false preaching and teaching.

The devil is fighting harder so we must pray more that God will fill us up with the Holy Spirit so that we are ready for battle. Put on the whole armor of God so we are protected. Encourage yourself in the Lord. Reminding yourself that Jesus is coming soon and until that moment, God is with us and will not forsake you.
Betty
Was blessed by a visit from the humming bird. Our grand baby is growing. Please pray for her mama. She had to have a blood transfusion yesterday because she is so anemic.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 13, 2019
Happy Monday,

Faith

Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11 is known as the faith Chapter in the Bible. Most of the Heroes of Faith, had faith though they did not see the result of their faith in actions. Abraham believed God, when God said they Abraham’s descendants would be more then the stars of Heaven. Yet Abraham did not see this in his lifetime, He believed.

Moses was only allowed a glimpse from a mountain to see the promised land, but never walked the promise land. The Prophets of the Old Testament kept their faith in God, though they were murdered by the people who rejected them that their prophecy.

We look forward to eternity in Heaven, even though we have never seen Heaven nor have our feet touched the streets of God. The Apostle Thomas refused to believe that Jesus had rosed from the dead. Even though Thomas has walked with Jesus and knew the other disciples intimately , he refused to believe their report that Jesus was alive.

John 20:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Jesus told Thomas, blessed would be those who believe in Jesus, even though they had never seen Jesus in person.

John 20:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

There is a special blessing for those who have faith in God without ever seeing God. This faith that believes in what we have not seen will be rewarded by God.
Because we believe, God makes Himself real to us through our intimacy we have in our relationship with Him. Our faith in God is rewarded on earth and will be rewarded in Heaven.

We cannot become a Christians without faith. The Holy Spirit gives us the faith to believe but if reject the Holy Spirt, this little faith will whiter and die.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

We must choose to believe. Our faith grows through our walk with God. There are those who accept Jesus as their Savior, but refuses to grow in God. Preferring to be a baby Christian all their life, they cheat themselves, not just the rewards in Heaven for spiritual growth, but they cheat themselves out of a close and rewarding relationship with Jesus on earth. The amount of love we have for God will determine the walk we share with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 12, 2019
Blessed Sunday

Happy Mother’s Day

I saw my new grand baby, Savanah Hope, today. She was born at 8:45 last night. Needless to say, I believe she is the most beautiful baby on earth. Of course every mama and grandma should think that about their baby. Think of all God’s children since the beginning of time and yet we are all special in the eyes of God. He loves us all the same. What a special feeling to know that God loves us so much.

We are so blessed to be loved by the Creator of all things. I pray the God blesses every mama in a very special way. I also pray for comfort those who have not been blessed to be a mama. Have a blessed evening.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 11, 2019
Happy Saturday,

One World Government

We have been hearing this for so long that we look at it with apathy. People think about a person who will come along and fix this world but they over look what each Country will have to give up. Countries will have to give up their sovereignty, their beliefs as a Nation, and their freedom. One of the groups pushing this has been the Vatican.

(CBN) – Pope Francis is pushing for a global authority that supersedes the rights of individual countries, all with the goal of pursuing the common good. “Think of the great contemporary challenges of climate change, new slavery and peace,” he told members of the Pontifical Academy. They met last week at the Vatican to discuss the topic of: “Nation, State, Nation-State.”

While addressing the conference, Francis rebuked the trend of nationalism among individual countries and the many tensions that “come from an excessive demand for sovereignty,” according to Breitbart.com. However, the pope defended patriotism as a good thing. But he warned it can become perverted when “it involves the exclusion and hatred of others when it becomes a conflictual nationalism that builds walls, indeed even racism or anti-Semitism.”

This Pope has embraced the Muslim faith but is rejecting the Christian Faith, going as far as to say that any Christian out side the umbrella of the Catholic Church is not saved. Last week the Vatican announced that God is not coming back to this world. Saying that God has either forgotten us or is too busy to be concerned about this world.

The Vatican is saying we have no hope in God. The world is going to destroy itself with Global Warming. In essence our only hope is a One World Government. The Bible makes it clear that people on earth will embrace this and even worship the anti-Christ, who will rule from this government.

As children of God we know the truth. We know that God is coming back. We know the reason why this Pope and others are pushing for this One World Government . The Bible makes it clear that because the world has rejected Jesus as their hope and their Savior that He, Himself will send a delusion over the world.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 King James Version (KJV)
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Remember, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, things are not falling apart. Everything is coming together for this One World Government and the tribulation, when God will pour His wrath on those who worship the devil instead of God. We need not fear what is coming. We may face some persecution but we will spend the tribulation in Heaven with our Lord and Savior.
Betty

Bless to see a blue bird yesterday. My first of the season. Was not at my house but in a tree at Jack in the Box. Did see a red cardinal at my house.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 10, 2019
Happy Friday,

Suffering and Pain

Bertha, my dog woke me up to go out. I came back to bed hurting. It’s frustrating because they cannot find out why my stomach hurts every morning when I start walking around. This said, there are a lot of things in life we do not understand. Trials that we go through that we see no purpose. Yet, God is not in Heaven striking random people with lighting and troubles.

Truth is, there are many paths we have been forced to take through our journey through life that were painful and unpleasant. Many we will not understand why, until we get to Heaven. What we do understand is our loving Heavenly Father has a purpose for allowing us to go through the pit of a valley where there are times we cannot see the sun. We feel helpless. It is during these times that we learn to trust God and to cling to His hand.

We can be at peace knowing that every thing we have been through has a purpose for good. Suffering brings about spiritual growth. Dark valleys teach us to trust God more. In turn, God takes our suffering to use us to encourage others who are suffering. To remind others that God is with us always. He is down in the pits with us and He rejoices with us when we are on the mountain top. Our pain and suffering is only for a season. One day we will be changed to our glorified bodies where we will experience no more pain. We will be in Heaven where no one dies.

As God’s children let us pray that we go through our present situations with grace and dignity. Pray that God will keep us from doing anything that would cause us to bring shame to God. May God find us working for His Kingdom, when He calls us home.
Betty

ANDRAE CROUCH
Through It All Lyrics

I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow,
there's been times I didn't know right from wrong.
But in every situation,
God gave me blessed consolation,
that my trials come to only make me strong.

Chorus:
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God
Chorus2:
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.

Verse 2:
I've been to lots of places,
I've seen a lot of faces,
there's been times I felt so all alone.
But in my lonely hours,
yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus lets me know that I was His own!

Chorus

Verse 3:
I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I'd never had a problem,
I wouldn't know that he could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 9, 2019
Happy Thursday,

“Precious Lord, Take My Hand”

Ecc. 4:12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

When we walk with a fellow Christian, whether it is our mate or our friend and we both walk with God, we are a cord of three. Two working together with God form a bond that can stand whatever comes our way. When we feel overwhelmed, our friend or mate can remind us that God is with us and we are over-comers in the Lord.

God never promised us a life of ease. He even warned us we would be persecuted for the sake of the Gospel. He did, however, promise to never leave or forsake us. We can stand in the middle of the storm, because we are not alone. He will cover us with His wings and keep us from falling.

We must remember that we cannot live and walk in sin and expect God to prevent us from suffering the consequences of our action. If we continue in sin, we are committing the sin of rebellion. If we refuse to listen to the convicting call of the Holy Spirit, there will a time when God gives us over to a reprobate mind .

Romans 1:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

This is a very,very dangerous place to be. At this point our hearts and minds are so hardened by stubbornness that we are no longer able to hear the Holy Spirit call unto us. There will come a time when God will no longer strive with us.

Yet, we never have to enter into the land of hardened people. We pray every day. We seek forgiveness for sin and not try to hide sin in our lives. Remembering that when our hearts are like soft clay that God can mold we are so much better off.
Betty
My humming bird is black with a red head.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 8, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Praise God in the Storm

I went see the neurologist, yesterday. They ran blood test to see if I have inflammation in my brain. If not they will run other test. Just as our bodies can get inflammation in them, so can our souls get weeds in them. If we are not careful we can become a gossip, a person who tells little white lies, or a person who likes to spread strife and chaos.

This is why we ask God to search our hearts daily. When we do, He will shine His light on any hidden sin in our hearts. Then we can repent and so God to help us turn from our sins. We do not want to make excuses for sin and it is so tempting to do so. We need to step up to the plate and admit our sin and seek forgiveness and turn away from sin.

God is a loving God. He comforts us when we are having a bad time. When we are exhausted, we can find rest in the Lord.

Psalms 37:7 “Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.”

New International Version
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

While we rest in the arms of our Heavenly Father, let us remember to pray for one another. Today I am struggling physically. There are many Christians who are suffering from illness and disease, we are blessed by God when we remember to pray for others who are suffering, too.

Psalm 28:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Praise God in the mist of your suffering and He will bless you and encourage you.
Betty

Blest by the daily return of the humming bird.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 7, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Alone On A Rocky Road

There are times that we go without a mentor. It seems we have no one who could or would encourage us in the Lord. We can feel like we are climbing a hill on our knees. Sometimes it is of our own doings. We may be too prideful to admit we need help. Other times it is because we do not want to be a burden to others. Yet we need someone who will wrap their arms around us and tell us they are here to work or climb that road with us. We know God is with us, but let us face it we sometimes need to feel a human touch.

When mom was alive, I did not lean on her because, she had so much on her plate and I did not want to add to her burden. As mothers we do not want to burden our kids so we can fall into the pattern of just sucking up our fears and burdens. All the while God is saying “I am here,child! Come to me!”. God is never too busy to hear the heart cries of His children. It does not matter how small or how huge our problem is, God wants us to cry out to Him.

It can be hard to open up, even to God when we are so use to carrying our burdens alone. We cheat ourselves when we do not go to God with our situation and issues. Of course God knows everything, but He wants us to be open with Him, to invite Him in to sup with us. We can find peace when we talk to God and share everything with Him.

I am a subscriber on Facebook, to the pages of the various health issues I have. I have found that there are many Christians who suffer alone. When you have chronic health issues and daily pain, you do not want to get in the habit of talking about it too much with your friends and family. We do not want to be that person who is always complaining. Facebook with all its issues is a great place to find those who suffer the same things that you suffer and you can pray for each other and encourage one another in the Lord.

Ultimately, the best thing we can do is pray. Pray for ourselves. It is not selfish to admit our needs to God. Then pray for others. We are not walking this road alone. God is with us! We can reach out to fellow Christians who are suffering and we can encourage them with God’s Holy Word and then pray to our Heavenly Father for them. My dear friends, do not give up. We are so close to going home to Heaven. Let us keep the faith and hold on to God.
Betty
I just heard a bird sing. My heart is encouraged when I see and hear the birds at my feeders. God knows what we need for encouragement and He does provide.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 6, 2019
Happy Monday,

Satisfied

As Christians we were not created to be satisfied. We are to want more of God. We are to thirst and hunger daily for God’s Holy Word and for a close relationship with God. Until we walk through Heaven’s Gates we are to hunger and thirst after Righteousness. Just as it is important for a newborn to have a good appetite so they can grow, we need a good appetite for God, so we can grow spiritually.

We are to be content in our circumstances and be grateful for our material things but to have a healthy hunger for the things of God. If we grow content in where we stand spiritually we can become like stagnant water. Stagnant water becomes smelly after awhile. We stay fresh and sweet smelling by refreshing ourselves daily at the living fountain of our God and Savior. Taking to God throughout the day is a gift for us. We are blessed when he make an extra effort to talk to God. Remember we can talk to God any where, even while driving.

Counting our blessing and having a thankful and grateful heart is the least we can do when we think of the great sacrifice God made to reconcile mankind to Himself. We in this body cannot measure the worth of the gift of salvation that Jesus died to give us. Only in Heaven in our glorified body will we be able to comprehend the cost of our salvation. For now let us be grateful and thankful children of God.

Blessed to have the humming bird around most of the day, yesterday.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 5, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

The Times We Are Living In

Today and yesterday, Israel has been under attack from the Gaza Strip. Hatred for Israel and the Jewish people is growing all over the world, including in America. The Bible says in the last days they the whole world will turn on Israel and only God will be on their side. Knowing this doesn’t lesson the pain of seeing them suffer. Yet we know God will not allow Israel to be destroyed.

Along with the hatred for the Jewish people is the hate that is growing for Christians. God also warned of this. Knowing the times we are living in should not send us hiding in our beds but should send us to God for strength, help, and comfort. The world is silent about the Muslims having cartoons that sing about beheading the Jews. Christians are being silence on many media programs. When survivors of tragedy give the credit to God, the live feed goes quickly back to the station. People do not want to hear about the goodness of God. They defiantly refuse to hear about sin. Abortion promoters even pray over abortion centers and consider abortion not only a legal right but a moral right.

The Bible cautions us to know the days we are living in. Our responsibility is to pray. Pray for our Country, our President, and loss souls. We rejoice knowing Jesus is coming soon for us but we should have a compassionate heart for the loss and suffering. The closer we get to the rapture the more we should pray for lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 4, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Watching and Waiting

My new grand baby is due tomorrow. This does not mean she will make an appearance tomorrow. Babies tend to come when they want to. My daughter in law is taking care of herself and the baby’s health, while we wait. My son is watching over both of them.

In our Christian walk, we do a lot of waiting. This does not mean we do not work for God while we wait for the answer to our prayers. Waiting is not wasted time. During the waiting periods we grow in faith and trust in God. Often it is during the waiting time that we draw closer to God. Remember that God said if we draw neigh unto Him, He will draw close to us. God wants us to choose how close we want to walk with Him. There are some who prefer to walk far from God. They miss out on a wondrous and glorious relationship with God by choosing to walk further from God.

What a blessing it is to choose to walk close to God and to communicate with Him throughout every day! When we do this our souls bubbles up with rejoicing in the love the Lord God has for us and we communicate our love to Him. As we wait patiently for His return, let us seek each day to find a way to work for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 3, 2019
Happy Friday,

Living by Faith or Fear

I like to read the funny stories and jokes, people write in to Readers Digest. A gentleman wrote in that he and his siblings were fussing at their mom for always worrying. His mom answered back: “look at all the stuff, I stopped from happening by worrying”. Truth is, worrying doesn’t solve anything nor prevent bad stuff from happening.

Instead of worrying we can live at peace by living by faith in God. Troubles will come our way, but remembering that we are not alone and that God is with us, will help us walk through the storms of life.

James 5:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Psalm 37:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Matthew 6:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Give us this day our daily bread.

We must choose to live by faith. Faith comes from reading the Holy Word of God. Let go of fear and cling to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 2, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Praying For Lost Loved Ones

As much as we want our loved ones to be saved, it is easy to become discouraged, when year after year, it seems our prayers go unanswered. We do not see the work God is doing in our loved ones lives behind the scenes. I prayed over 15 years before the answer came for my husband to be saved. I prayed 6 years for my son to be saved. I know I see the proof of my answered prayers in their lives, today. Both my son and husband are new Creatures in Christ. Yet for so long, I could not see the work, God was doing.

While we would love for God to knock some sense into our loved one’s heads, this is not how God works. God gives them the choice to choose Him as their Savior. Just as God did not force salvation on us, He will not force salvation on others. Yet He is working on their hearts. Our prayers are not going unanswered. We keep praying that God will send the right person to our loved ones that will share what they need to hear, and we wait. We wait for the answer in faith in God. Do not allow the devil to discourage us and let us keep on praying for those we love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 1, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

“Count Your Blessings”

This old Hymn came to me today when I got out of bed. It’s easy to count the things that seem to be going wrong in our lives, but when we take the time to count our blessings, we will be refreshed. It is so easy to take the little things for granted. When we lived in Washington State, the water heater went out. It was cold, wet, and miserable. It took the landlord 10 days to react. Ten days of boiling water on the stove for bathing and cleaning dishes. I never was so grateful to have hot water as I was the first time I could run a hot bath from the taps.

In America we have many blessings that are just normal day life for us. Going to a grocery store where the shelves are packed with food. There are many Countries today where the convince of buying groceries at a store is not a reality. Running water from a tap in our home. We grew up with that blessing. The same cannot be said of everyone. Look around where you are at and your will see many blessings. Let us be grateful children of God and thank Him daily for His many blessings.
Betty

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
2. When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
3. Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
4. And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
* Refrain:
* Count your blessings, name them one by one,
* Count your blessings, see what God has done!
* Count your blessings, name them one by one,
* *Count your many blessings, see what God has done.
* [*And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.]
5. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
6. Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
7. Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
8. And you will keep singing as the days go by.
9. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
10. Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
11. Count your many blessings—*money cannot buy [*wealth can never buy]
12. Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
13. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
14. Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
15. Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
16. Help and comfort give you to your journey’s

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 30, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

“It’s A New Day”

Every morning, when we wake up, we think to ourselves that it is a new day. It is a new day, a new set of 24 hours. Yet, we get up with most of the same problems we had yesterday. We have the same boss who treats his employees like the dirt under his feet. The same chores we do, day after day. What can we do to make today different?——— attitude adjustment. MY ATTITUDE.

We cannot change people. We can not turn our boss into a nice guy, but we can pray for him or her. As we deal, with our problems today, we can sing praises to God. Be grateful for the house we have to clean. Dirty dishes mean we had food to eat. Be thankful that we can still run errands and do chores. House bound people would love to be able to take a trip to the grocery store.

There are those days, we do have more on our plate then it seems we can handle. Delegate if you can. Doesn’t hurt to ask our mate to do a couple of the things on our list. Go through the list and see what has to be done today. Sometimes we make ourselves physically ill because we refuse to admit that at 50 and 60 and up, we do not have the same body as 20 and 30 years old. Learn to say no. It does no good to say yes to everything, even Church work, if we are going to grumble our reward away. Do what we can do, as a gift to God and be thankful for what we have.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 29, 2019
Happy Monday,

I like sitting in my chair and looking out the windows. On my left is a double window to the front yard. There are four hanging bird feeders. In front of me is the window to the side yard. There is a humming bird feeder. This morning there is a slight breeze flowing through the leaves. It is peaceful. Have you ever felt the Holy Spirit flow through your soul, like a gentle breeze? It is not a roaring wind, like the Holy Spirit sometimes uses. This gentle breeze bring fresh clean air through our soul and with it a song of joy.

Our souls and spirits feels lighter and there is no doubt that we have felt a touch from God. Often, like the gentle breeze outside, it is unexpected. It is a sweet gift that God gives us, to lighten our load a bit. To remind us that He is with us. “I am here, child, I have never left you” He whispers into our hearts. Whatever burdens we are carrying feel lighter and there is a new spring in our steps. What a glorious God we serve who cares so much about us that He takes the time to encourage us!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 28, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

“Rejoice, And Again, I Say Rejoice”

Apostle Paul remind the Philippians not once but twice in the same sentence, to rejoice. Just as today, the Philippians were living in hard times. Followers of Jesus were under attack. The truth of the Gospel were under attack. Paul’s letters were to encourage and to instruct God’s children. God’s children need this more then ever. Not only is God’s people under attack from outside forces but from the inside. The biggest danger American faces today is from her own people who want to destroy her and add her to the One World Government.

To many Churches today are being led by Shepards who have left behind the truth of the Gospel, in order to appeal to the masses. Mega Churches where the truth about sin and hell, replaced by concert music and feel good Sermons. Where a sinner can go and have a good time and leave comfortable in their sin.
Jesus’ teachings in the Synagogue, out on the hills, and in the valleys where not pumped, loud feel good meetings. Jesus taught the people the truth so they could see their sin and know their need of a Savior.

Teaching the truth in times when people do not want to hear it can be dangerous. The Prophets of old warned the people of coming judgement, if they did not turn from their sins. For their effort to save their own people, there were murdered by their own:

Acts 7:48-52 King James Version (KJV)
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

True Christians of the faith are hated today. People do not want to hear the truth. If Jesus were preaching on a street corner, today, what He be like? Would be like a flower child? Or would he call out the vipers and the evil ones who preach lies and half truths? Would Jesus not call out the Church Leaders who not only preach that abortion is acceptable, but pray a blessing over abortion clinic? Would He not call out by Name wolfs in sheep’s clothing, so the sheep would flee those Churches? Would He not call out the leaders of Churches who are teaching that living in sin is acceptable? Would He not warn the sheep to come out of corruptible Churches?

Evil times we are living but rejoice, rejoice my friends though the battle is strong, there is victory ahead. Soon, Jesus will come for His Own.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 27, 2019
Happy Saturday,

“I Have Arrived”

First of all, Happy Birthday, to my sister, Brenda in Heaven. No Christian should ever feel they have arrived. An attitude of pride in your self righteousness, is an invitation to failure. God does not want prideful children. He wants humble children who realize the truth, the only righteousness, is not of us but of God. Leaning on God is not a sign of weakness as the world sees, but a sign of strength.

Christians, if you do not see tribulation coming to us, pray that God will open your eyes. The Canadian President has said the worse Canadians are those that are Christians. Democratic liberals call conservative Christian the dregs of the earth. They go to Churches where abortion is considered a religious right and gay marriage embraced. Conservative Christians very existence burns their conscience. When the rapture happens for them there will be no terror, but rejoicing in the streets that those who disagreed with them are gone.

My friends do not fear, let us draw close to God and live these closing days for God with open hearts and joyful hearts. May God bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2019
Happy Friday,

Christians Under Attack, World Wide

This is one of the most dangerous times in History for Christians. Yet when the devil strikes, Christianity grows in numbers. There is nothing the devil can offer that compares to the joy of the Lord. There is a season of happiness when you give yourself to the wiles of Satan, but then, he leaves you on the side of the road, beaten and destroyed. What little fame and money he gives you, lies around your body like wadded up used tissues.

When we give ourselves over to God, He wraps us in His arms of love and fills our hearts with joy. Good days or bad days, are hearts are sustained by the grace of the Lord. One of the most wondrous joys is talking to an old Saint of God who has walked 70 and 80 years with God. Their skin may be wrinkled and their walk is slow and bent, but when you look in their lovely eye and they talk about God, their eyes twinkle with joy. Their voices may be weak and soft, but there is victory in their soul. They have lived their lives secure in the love of God and when leave this life, to walk into gates of Heaven, they need not fear, for they know where they are going and they know that God will,walk through the gates with them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25,2019
Happy Thursday,

Potholes, Trash,and Cracks in the Road

As we travel on our journey, we cannot see past today. We expect troubles but often the source is unexpected. When we share our troubles with those we love, we do not always get the response we expected. There are those who quickly chance the subject. Then there is that one who gets mad. Not at disease the you are suffering but at you. The temperature in the room literally drops 30 degrees. Your best friend from School days, the one you expected to wrap her arms around you and tell you not only do they love you, but they will be with you to the end. In your vulnerable state you are left sitting holding the pieces of a friendship that has died.

Yet God in His compassion, has those we love step up to bat. My daughter and daughter-in-law have made it clear to me that they will walk this road with me and not forsake me in my time of need. As we walk on our journey, our potholes are different. Our struggles are different. God will provide what we need, from a hug from a loved one who cares and the strength to carry one. We can leave the pain of yesterday behind and rejoice in the love of God. Victory is ahead, indeed! Rejoice in coming Victory. Soon the troubles of today will disappear for ever.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 24, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Thank you, Jesus for the humming bird that ate at my feeder. I even took pleasure at the red wasp drinking from the feeder. I am so blessed that God still brings me little diamonds of joy in my live. I am so grateful that the little boy that was thrown from the mall has no brain damage. God is still in the miracle business.

I have began a new adventure. One that I did not choose for my self. Next month, I see a Neurologist to find out what is causing the dementia. For 48 years I have taken care of my husband, because of his health issues. I would be less the honest, if I said that I am not upset. How can God add more to my plate, then I can bear?

In my darkness, God shines a light of hope. In my despair, God covers me with His love. When I can not see my way I sing the song “I will hasten to Him. When I am afraid. I cry out to God.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

My dear friends, what ever road God takes you down. He will be with you. We must hang on to Gods’ hand. We are so close to Heaven
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 23,2019

Today my stomach is very sick. Walking is very hard, but I do not fear. We can cry out to God when we do not understand our situation.

Isaiah 41:10 Living Bible (TLB)
10 Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.[a]

Keep your faith in God and trust Him, even when you do not understand. There is victory ahead my friend. Press onward to the prize, that awaits us. Walk forward with hope and victory in your heart. May God bless and keep you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22, 2019
Blessed Sunday

Death gave way to Victory

1 Corinthians 15:4 “And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”

The demons and the devil rejoiced. Jesus was dead and they had won. Satan would reign over Heaven and earth. Their victory turned into ashes for out of the grave, arose the King of Kings and Lord of all.

1 Corinthians 15:55 “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”

Satan’s plans fell at the devil’s feet. Jesus conquered death and evil. Jesus’ Resurrection defeated evil. Jesus is not in a grave, He is on the throne of victory. Death is no longer something to fear. Death is just the door to Heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:3-8 New International Version (NIV)
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas,[b] and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Let us rejoice in the Lord and remember the victory has already been won. We can lay aside our fears and cling to the old rugged Cross where Jesus paid for salvation and entrance into Heaven’s gates.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 20, 2019
Saturday,

Saturday of Despair

Yesterday, Mary saw hew son, die before her eyes. All the disciples, but John are in hiding. Those who loved Jesus, hearts are filled with despair. Their friend and the One whom they believed would defeat Rome and reign as King in Jerusalem is dead. All hope is gone. Everyone is waiting to be arrested by Roman soldiers. Soon the disciples would join Jesus in death. All is lost! Or is it?

The disciples could not see beyond the cross. They could not see that the death of Jesus served a purpose beyond Jerusalem, beyond Israel, and beyond time itself. Jesus did not die to conqueror Rome. The reason for the death of Jesus was beyond their comprehension. Jesus died to set men free, not from fellow mankind but free from sin.

Saturday a day of fear and mourning, BUT Sunday..................
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 19,2019
Blessed Good Friday,

Good Friday

Caiaphas spoke the truth out of ignorance. He decided that Jesus’ death would settle the tensions in Jerusalem and take the pressures and attention off Jerusalem . In His ignorance he was concerned about the day at hand. He did not see the big picture. Jesus did come to die for all, but not for the reason Caiaphas had in mind.

John 18:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 Now Caiaphas was he, which gave counsel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.

God sent His son to die for the sins of mankind. Caiaphas died a sinner because he refused to see that Jesus was God, Himself, fulfilling Scripture. Jerusalem had a front seat to the greatest occurrence of all ages. Even the Disciples, were blind to what the death of Jesus meant to the world and all mankind. It was only after the Resurrection Day that Jesus explained what had happened, did their eyes open to the truth.

We honor Good Friday, because without the death of Christ, there would have been no Resurrection. We often turn away from pictures of Jesus suffering the beatings and the horrific death on the cross. Even looking at the visuals of His suffering cuts us to the heart. Just as Caiaphas said, God chose to die for the good of all. Not to make it so Jerusalem could live in peace with Rome but to reconcile mankind to God.

The saddest part is not the suffering God endeared, but the fact that millions have chosen to reject the greatest gift. Remember President Obama saying that the weak cling to their Bibles and Religion. In His ignorance he cannot see that we do not cling to a religion. We cling to God for God is our Redeemer and our Redemption. In our clinging to Jesus our weakness is replaced with faith and our destiny is no longer Hell but eternity with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 18, 2019
Happy Thursday,

I have been watching cute doggy videos. I love dogs and cats. There are some cute ones of dogs when they act guilty after they do something wrong. Cats on the other hand, pretend that the chewed up pillow has nothing to do with them. People can be like cats sometimes. Instead of seeking forgiveness when we do wrong we blame others. Remember Adam blamed Eve and Eve blamed the snake.

God has not called us to be perfect people but to have a soft heart that acknowledges our sins and freely confesses our sins to God. Let us not harden our hearts. This leads to trouble, quickly. God can work with clay that is soft and moves gently in the hands. Hard clay is like rock, it must be broken into pieces before it can be used. When we come with a heart of repentance and a heart that is willing to allow God to work through us then we are less likely to have to be disciplined.

Paul said that he disciplined himself so that he could be used by God. When we see our eyes looking at things that is offensive to God, turn your eyes away from the sinful things. When our words are harsh and crude, seek forgiveness. We want to live in a way that is pleasing to God. The world finds vulgarity and sin funny. God does not. Think on good things. Seek God’s will. Live a life that is pleasing to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 17, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Spreading it’s Wings

Have you ever watched a large bird as it flies up into the sky? There is a majestic moment when the bird will spread its wing in triumph over gravity. You can feel the pride of the bird from down below. God doesn’t want us to limit ourselves to stumbling around on the ground. In His great love for us, He wants is to soar above our problems and ride the winds of success.

I am not talking about worldly success. I am talking about spiritual success. Spiritual success is when the devil afflicts us with troubles and diseases and yet we look not to what we are and have, but look to the God of Heaven, in whom we serve. When we focus on God and not our situations, we can be like the bird and fly above our problems.

This does not mean that we are blind to our situations. Physical situations will remind us that the symptoms are still there but the Holy Spirit reminds us to look beyond our physical issues and focus on the God of Heaven. In our distress we can call out to God and He comforts us. We are reminded of the love God has for us and He will be our strength and our comfort. Fear not the struggle ahead but trust in God with all your heart. He will never abandon us.
Betty

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 16, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

“Seeking the Will of God

I saw a squirrel, yesterday, at my feeders. I was giving a blessing and was thankful. When we walk closely with God, we become more aware of the diamonds of joy that God places in our lives. Walking close to God doesn’t always take away physical pain, but we realize that a God is with us and holding our hand through the pain.

People will fail us. Sometimes it is because they are not spiritually equipped to deal with the troubles of others. There may be some who choose to ignore our situation, simply because they are not emotionally able to deal with the pain of others. What do you do when you are suffering? You draw close to God. He offers ultimate comfort. In our suffering we choose to trust God and we ask God to use our suffering to help us to grow spiritually.

We seek to grow in Christ so that He can use us more for His Glory. We admire the women and men of the Bible who laid aside their own desires to be devoted to God. God is calling His children of today, to do the same. When we place God’s desires above our own, God will bless us with joy and provide our needs. As we travel each day in the path that God has chosen for us, we will be blessed with diamonds of joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 15, 2019
Happy Monday,

“Friendship With Jesus”

What a wondrous gift, God has given us; His friendship. If God only allowed us to be His servants on earth and in Heaven, we still would be blessed. Yet, He has gone far beyond that and has opened His heart to us and calls us in, to sup with Him. People like to drop names when they know and attend parties with celebrities. Yet there is no one on earth who compares with the majesty of God.

I used to like to read books about celebrities. More times then not, the person behind all the talent was a jerk of a person. There public persona was a sham and they were often bitter and angry people. We never have to worry about that with God. God does not hide His truth from His children. God is Love. We experience that great love when we walk with Him daily.

We can have no closer or better friendship, then the one we have with God. We choose how closely we will walk with God. Do not allow sin to keep us afar from God. Never be ashamed of our relationship with God. If we are ashamed of God on earth, He will be ashamed of us in Heaven.

As we go through today, let us remind ourselves how blessed that God call us His friend. Allow God to speak through you today so others will be blessed. God has given us so much. Let us give Him, ourselves ever day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 14, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Feelings on Overload

There are times that we overwhelmed with different feelings. Stress, fear, confusion, and hope all mixed up like a ball of yarn. These feelings can surround us to the point that we really do not know what the dominate feeling is. This is when we take a deep breath and rest in the love of Jesus. We do not have to sort out our feelings. We take them all to Jesus. God can see the big picture that we cannot see. He wraps us up in His love and gives us comfort.

When we place our hope in God, He brings comfort to a heart that is struggling. King David was often in turmoil and yet he found peace and comfort in the arms of God. Often, even our closest friends do not know what to say to us. They mean well, but they do not have the answers that we need. God does have the answers. When we stop struggling and just ask God to wrap His loving arms around us and hold us, He will do so.

Truth is we do not need God to lay out our future for us, showing us every step we will be taking. Instead we remember that we will not be alone. God will be with us each step. Whatever the future holds us for us as individuals, for America, and for this world, we can trust God, not to abandon His children. I pray that you find peace and joy in our Lord and Savior, today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Stressed

Are you stressed today? Do you feel down trodden? Are you at the point of giving up? These feelings are not sins. What is a sin is accepting these thoughts as from God. Have we forgotten that the One who spoke the universe into existence, cares about your individual needs. Are we trying to be superman or women?

No where in the Bible does God say fight your battle until you are exhausted and bleeding and then come to me. He wants us to trust Him with our needs.
To trust that His answer will be what is best for us.

James 4:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Come to God with thanksgiving and in a spirit of gratefulness. There are times we go through things that we are not capable of explaining to others the significance or the effects of a burden that holds us down and shrinks our strength and even affects are ability to breathe. We can always trust that God understands. He sees our pain and our fears. We would like to think that we have arrived at a place spiritually that we do not fear. We must remember we are still in our sinful bodies.

We often put on a brave face to protect our family from our fears and distress. That is okay. Parents want to be strong even for our adult kids, but do not fear telling God the truth. We can be honest with God. He is not going to be shocked by our fears and confusion. He will be there for us. What if our future, holds bad things? What if our condition gets worse? God is not going to forsake us. In the dark hours, He will be our light. In our confusion He will bring clarity. God help us not to give up this close to the finish line.
Betty

Found the refrigerator creamer in the cabinet. I had to throw it away. This may be my new normal but God is with me and I can trust Him with my concerns me fears and so can you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 12, 2019
Happy Friday,

“I Know Him”

Matthew 7:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Head Knowledge of God will not get you into Heaven. Sadly there will be those who prayed to God who go to hell. We cannot expect nor will God bless sins. Although we are instructed to come as we are, if we come to God and leave the same, there is no heart change. There must be a change. We cannot go to God and ask Him to accept sin or bless sin.

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

We must have a change in our heart. When Jesus healed people, He often said to them to go and sin no more. Jesus died to reconcile mankind to God. Jesus chose to be the bridge from man to God. Building this bridge required the death of Jesus. When we cross that bridge there will be a death. The old man must die so the new man can live. When we reject this, we reject salvation. To refuse change would be like a man having surgery to remove cancer removed from the body and the Doctor opens him up and then leaves the cancer and closes up the body again. The patient went in to the hospital with cancer and leaves the hospital with cancer.

So much worse off is the person who leaves the cross with sin still reigning in their hearts then the one who leaves the hospital with cancer still growing in the body. Saints, we can be guilty of downplaying sin. Even some Pastors choose not to discuss sin. Remember in the Christmas Carol, the man carrying box after box of guilt chained to his waist. How much so will the guilt be for those who chose to protect people’s feelings over the truth of sin! How many souls are crying out in hades, that their friends and Pastors made them believe that they could live in sin and go to Heaven! Jesus did not die to save us, so that we can be comfortable in our sins! He died to save us from sin, not to make us feel good about our sins!

Acts 28:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

God cannot look on sin and He will not reign in eternity with sinners. We must be saved to enter Heaven. We must choose to leave our sinful nature at the cross. There will be times that we do sin. When we do, we seek for forgives. We we choose to abide in sin, we have a problem. Perhaps we went to the cross but chose not to accept salvation. Knowing God and having a heart and head change through salvation and the grace of God are two different things.

Psalm 139:23-24 King James Version (KJV)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Change me God, so that I can live in a way that is pleasing to you. Let your Holy Spirit live through me so everyone I come in contact would see Jesus in me and be convicted of their sins, not by verbal abuse from me but that they would see the love of Jesus flowing out of me.
Amen

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 11, 2019
Happy Thursday,

What is Faith?

Faith is a word used by Christians and non Christians. When a celebrity is going through a health issues they often say they have faith they will be fine. If they were to be asked who are what, they have faith in, they may say the doctors, the stars, or even karma.

As a Christian, we know whom we believe in. We walk and talk daily to the God of Heaven. Our faith is secure in the One who can change everything. Having faith is not enough. We must have faith in the One can actually do something. We increase our faith by studying God’s Word and by going through trials.

Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith is a muscle and must be used to grow. We cannot please God is if we have no faith. The first measure of faith we have is given to us by the Holy Spirit when we are convicted of our sins. The Holy Spirit in His love for the loss, convicts and gives a measure of faith to us so we can believe in Jesus and be saved. The reason all are not saved is that some reject even the small portion in faith. Often it is pride that keeps one from accepting their sinful situation. Others put off salvation too long. Every time we reject the call of the Holy Spirit our heart grows a little bit harder. We can reach a point that we are beyond hearing truth and believing.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Every thing we pray for may not be fulfilled in our life time. Many in the Bible who had great faith, did not see the answer in their lifetime. Yet they believe and their prayers were answered.

Hebrews 11:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Our responsibility is to keep believing and trusting in God. We keep on marching to Zion. We choose to believe even when the answer is far off from us. God will reward the faith of the righteous.

“Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10,2019
Happy Wednesday,

“Shake Your, Tail Feathers”

Remember the old song that said get up on your feet and shake your tail feathers. Someone suggested it would make a good song for an alarm clock.
Starting out your day with dancing. If you are not a morning person, that alarm clock, wold probably take an unwanted trip across the room where it would hit a wall. Morning people jump out of bed, ready to go, while us non morning people cover our heads with pillows.

Whenever we begin our day, we can give it a nice start, by singing praises to God. Reminding ourselves of the many blessings that God gives us every day. God uses morning people and the rest of us for His Kingdom. Whatever time we crawl out of bed, we can praise the Lord and rejoice in His Goodness. Let us seek to be grateful and appreciative of what we have. Sadly many people get in to trouble because they are not content and they covet what others have. Some of the most miserable people in the world are very rich.

Appreciating what you have brings contentment. A grateful heart is at peace. Whether you wake up when it is still dark outside or at noon, wake up determined to be a grateful child of God.
Betty

Colossians 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Be Open to The Holy Spirit’s Call

In order to be used by God, we need to open to the Spirit’s call. We need not only to be listening but to be willing. God cannot use a vessel that is stubborn and unwilling to be led by the Holy Spirit. We must not enter into a situation with our own agenda. No matter how much we mean well, God’s plan must take presidency over our own plans. Our own plans may seem right in our eyes, but God sees the heart and His plan should always be first, most.

Matthew 7:6 King James Version (KJV)6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

God sees the heart. Sometimes we are tempted to share the truth of the Gospel with someone whose heart is hardened by sin. Only God can soften a heart. If we press on in our stubbornness we can actually turn someone against God. Before we begin, we must seek God’s plan. There are times that God wants us not to speak to someone about God’s plan for salvation. In these situations we continue to pray that God will soften the heart of a sinner and open their ears that they may hear.

Truth is sometimes sinners are not ready to hear. The more they hear the truth of the Gospel, the more their hearts hardened. We can be guilty of turning someone further away from the truth, instead of leading to the truth. Live your lives in ways that are pleasing to God so that our unsaved loved ones see the difference between being led by God and being led by the devil. Trust God to do the rest.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 8, 2019
Happy Monday

As soon as I started walking around this morning, I got my usual pain. Took a pain pill and came back to bed. All of us have issues that our reoccurring. We can become frustrated and depressed. There are times that God chooses not to give us an answer to why we are suffering. This is when we must rely on faith. Faith that God knows best. God’s time table is different then ours. Unanswered prayer is not always about lack of faith. There are times that God chooses to answer our prayer in the future or even in Heaven.

Let us not give into depression but lean closer into Jesus, while we are suffering. His comfort will sustain us. If we trust in Him, we can have a joyful heart in the midst of suffering. True joy is not in pretending everything is fine when we are nowhere close to being fine. True joy is the joy that God gives us that allows us to realize that God will not leave us to suffer alone. The joy in the hope of Heaven, where there will be no more suffering.

My dear friends we are so close to our final victory. May God help us to finish this race in obedience to God and in a spirit of dignity. As we suffer, pray for those who are suffering persecution in prisons around the world for their faith in Jesus. Pray for lost souls, here in America and around the world. May God say of His people that we are a people of faith and prayer.
Betty
Blessed to see a squirrel yesterday.

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement