Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Proof i Is In the pudding?

Author Topic: Proof i Is In the pudding?
Alan L
Community Member
Member # 8836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan L   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not an easily impressed person, but I have to say in all honesty. The words spoken or how they are displayed from scripture truly capture my attention almost in a disbelief. You are all so magnificent in explaining yourself through God's word, and I greatly appreciate that.

Thank You very much everyone.

In Jesus ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

Posts: 16 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear sister Carol,
I agree with your assessment of that passage of scripture. I ask for you to forgive me because I am failing to understand what you read that prompted you to respond as you did. Would you please enlighten me.
May God continue to shower you with His Love.
Your brother in Christ, LeRoy (thefixer).

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are you doing Carol? Hadn't seen you in awhile.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acts 12:7-8

Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He tapped Peter on the side and woke him, saying, “Get up quickly.” And the chains fell off his wrists. The angel said to him, “Fasten your belt and put on your sandals.” He did so. Then he said to him, “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me.” (NRSV)

This section of Acts is one of the most exciting and most humorous scenes in the whole book: exciting, because Peter was in jail and was prayed out by a faithful, fervent, praying church; humorous, because this praying church didn’t really believe God had answered their prayer even when they had their answer in the flesh at the front door of their prayer meeting! This chapter teaches a great deal about prayers, answers, and the God who is behind them all.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear brother Alan L.,
It is sad to see that condition of disbelief living among the followers of Jesus. Early in my walk with Jesus, one of the very first Scriptures that the Spirit led me to read was Matthew 13, the Parable of the Sower. Do you know it? If you don't please read it, and if you do please read it again. Pay very close attention to what He says while you read.
When I first read it I didn't quite understand the enormity of what Jesus was saying. I have since come to see what Jesus meant is in the hearts of people who claim to be His followers.
Another passage that may bring more understanding is Matthew 15:8-9. Jesus says;" These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. they worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men." Understand that He was directing this at the people who claimed to be religious.
There are so many reasons why a person accepts Jesus' gift of salvation. There in nothing wrong with any of their reasons, the error comes when they accept Jesus with the expectation of 'getting' something in return. They fail to see how much Jesus has already given. Because of this attitude, they are never given the gift of the Spirit. It is through the 'eyes' of the Spirit that we truly see, and through the 'ears' of the Spirit that we truly hear. Without the guidance of the Spirit everything that we see and hear is understood by the heart and mind, which is full of greed, lust, envy, and all those things that led man into separation from God in the first place. Remember the passage of scripture where Jesus says "Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord,Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly,'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'" Jesus is talking about people who call themselves Christian and even do all sorts of Christ-like things. The problem that I see is they failed to connect with His Spirit, they just wanted to feel good or be able to do miraculous things or merely 'be saved'.
All that said, please never get discouraged by the 'faults' of others, keep your faith and walk with Jesus in truth.
May you continue to walk with Jesus.
Your brother, LeRoy (thefixer).

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan L
Community Member
Member # 8836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan L   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided from what I read I should not hold back the miracle that was granted to me that I should tell people. So I did I told those who truly knew me.

They watched me go from a Guy who was pretty much a machine almost unstoppable to someone who could barely function, and when I tell them how it is that I am no longer like that. They look at me in total disbelief. They saw it with there own eyes. They thought it was the drugs that were helping me, but when I told them it was as if they looked at me as if I was lying or imagining it.

If those who saw what I was to what I became and returned back better than what I was can not believe: I can't imagine how those who do not know me could possibly believe? Two of these people profess to be all about God, but when I told them they just blew it off, and one almost appeared put out by it. Even though they see the difference right in front of them.

I am so confused as to how one can see living proof in front of their own eyes, and yet not believe it possible that happen the way I said. That God did this to me. I guess the question becomes is it me they do not believe or why would it be me? or is it their own faith? I would rather it be me than to think that one can talk about so much of God, and when proof is shown one can't believe it. I am rather a bit confused.

Thanks Everyone sincerely from the bottom of my heart. and I do remember His will not mine. I keep reminding myself.

Posts: 16 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement