Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » I love this place

Author Topic: I love this place
Alan L
Community Member
Member # 8836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan L   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You Very Much, and your words were easily understood. Most important I truly appreciated the ending of it. It was direct and to the point, and that is how I process information best.

God Bless You

Alan

In Jesus All Things Are Possible:

Posts: 16 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear brother alan L.
I guess I'll attempt to help you, and like you I'll begin at the top. Jesus told us that we shouldn't judge others but I'm sure He knew we would find that difficult at best, so He added; that if we DO judge other we should expect to be judged using the same standards that we had applied to those we judged. Make sense?
Next, you said something I found perplexing. You said,"I try to be a good practicing Christian...". Being a 'good Christian' is not something that requires practice. The word 'Christian' is a descriptive name applied to the followers of Christ, it literally means 'like Christ' or 'Christlike'. It is the results of accepting Jesus as your savior and surrendering your will to Him and allowing His spirit to dwell in you. Some people experience a sudden change in their nature, but for most people the change is gradual. The Spirit of Jesus that lives in you will point out those thing in your nature that are unpleasing to God and give you help in discarding them. Have patience, for a lot of people it is a lifetime journey.
Now lets talk about forgiveness. Jesus was pretty straight forward about our need to forgive. He clearly stated that unless we forgive others we can not expect to be forgiven. Also, unless a person continues to do something over and over, you only have to forgive once. If it is you doing the wrong thing to someone else and you ask for their forgiveness and they forgive you, fine; if they don't forgive you then you have done what Jesus asked, to ask for forgiveness, and He is please with you. The one who refused to forgive has the problem with Jesus. Understand? This can also be an issue that you will need to take to Jesus and ask for His guidance in overcoming.
Finally we come to the heart of you post. "How can anyone enter Heaven if he or she is constantly breaking the rules and then asking for forgiveness over and over again." As I began so I'll end. Stop being concerned with breaking 'rules', no one other than Jesus has ever lived that did not break any rules. Try and think of it this way: Once you offer yourself to Jesus you are like a lump of coal, jagged edged and dirty. He will take you into His hands and begin a process of change that will turn that piece of coal into a beautiful diamond. Sometimes the process is quick, sometimes it takes longer. Don't be concerned with how long it's taking, just rejoice and praise God every time you recognize the change in yourself.
One thing you can be sure of...Jesus is awesome, can do anything, and will never turn away from anyone who truly seeks Him.
May you walk firmly in the faith and love of Jesus.
Your brother in Christ, LeRoy (thefixer).

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan L
Community Member
Member # 8836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan L   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided to start at the top. sorta cover to cover. The first thing eternal life, and it brought up Roman's Everyday in life we talk to people. meet new people, have friends, aquatints' and I always find myself judging people.

I have tried very hard not to do that, and yet it happens constantly. So what did I do. I cut myself off from people. Thinking of if thy eye causes you to sin pluck it out. better to enter Heaven with one eye I can't remember the rest of the quote or even if that one is right. Yet I still do it. I try to be a good practicing Christian, but sometimes I feel as if it is an unattainable goal to reach.

I love to look at beautiful woman, but at some point it became more than that. and I realized it came from TV and I carried further out. Instead of just seeing the beautiful I kept imagining other things. So no more TV. It always starts out right, but somehow the perversion of it always crept in. So I stop going out. It is almost as if one must become a monk. and even when I just about had that down. My head would fill with thoughts that start off magnificently and land up being perverted.

Forgiveness? A wonderful woman once said to me. Alan you need to learn to forgive. I said I will never forgive them. That would be like saying it is OK to what they did.

You do not understand it is not the act you are forgiving it the person, and when you do you allow God to take the pain of what they did to you and allow him to deal with it. WOW. Clarity for the first time on this forgiveness. So I did, but do you know what I find. It creeps up and just eats at me and how many times can you say you forgive them until God says. Sorry don't believe you.

How can anyone enter Heaven if he or she is constantly breaking the rules and then asking for forgiveness over and over again. True it is sincere, but after a while isn't it just redundant?

Thank you for any input.

How does a Christian Win?

Sorry if even with this great Miracle that happen to me I feel like such a pathetic failure for being a Christian. Does that make any sense to anyone?

Posts: 16 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement