Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Test

Author Topic: Test
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Church did not replace Israel. We are living in the Church Age. At the rapture, the Church Age will end and then Israel will be brought to the realization of Jesus as their Messiah. Many believe that Israel was put on hold so to speak because of Jesus being crucified. This is not true. God had told Israel to share God with the Gentiles, but Israel refused. The outer court was supposed to be where the Gentiles worshiped God, but Israel refuse to share God with the Gentiles. This is why Jesus was so upset when the Jews used the outer courts as a shopping area. The Gentiles are not always going to be the focus of God's attention. Some day, the rapture will take place and God will then focus His attention on the Jews.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, this is not replacement theology. It is Spirit Israelism.

Romans 9:6 (NASB95)
6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;

This makes no sense unless it means not all physical Israelis are Spirit Israel.

The distinction between the two being faith / belief.

John 3:16-18 (NASB95)
16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 2:28-29 (NASB95)
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Deuteronomy 10:16 (NASB95)
16 “So circumcise your heart, and stiffen your neck no longer.

Deuteronomy 30:6 (NASB95)
6 “Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Jeremiah 4:4 (NASB95)
4 “Circumcise yourselves to the Lord And remove the foreskins of your heart, Men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, Or else My wrath will go forth like fire And burn with none to quench it, Because of the evil of your deeds.”

Philippians 3:3 (NASB95)
3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

So, it's always been about belief / faith and predates Judaism:

Hebrews 11:4 (NASB95)
4 By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through faith, though he is dead, he still speaks.

It is the Olive Tree which never changes though the covenants did change as the revelation of God increased the covenants advanced to the ultimate Torahs (two torahs)Torah Moshe (the law of Moses) and Torah Moshiakh (the law of God and of Christ).

Observe:

Galatians 3:24-25 (NASB95)
24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

1 Corinthians 9:19-21 (NASB95)
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more.
20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law (of Moses), as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law;
21 to those who are without law (of Moses), as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

How can it be considered some absurd Gentile attempt to replace Israel with the Church?

And the irony here is that the Roman Catholic take over (circa 4th Century CE to the Present with the Protestant Reformation being only a temporary set back as a diluted form of Roman Catholicism itself) did its best to rid the faith of everything Jewish or Israeli and replaced it with paganism and human traditions... and from that perch call what I prove with scriptures "replacement theology..."

Wow.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
The Bible makes it clear that a Christian does not have to covert to being a Jew first and then a Christian. Salvation is in the blood of Jesus not in Judaism. This does not mean that we should not love and pray for the Jews to see the truth that Jesus is the Messiah.
betty

Amen Betty!

Here is a quote from Being Jewish.com

quote:
Becoming Jewish means that most of what you were taught about spirituality until now will be irrelevant, and in many cases wrong. You must drop the religious beliefs taught you by whatever other religion(s) you once followed or read about. People sometimes ask me, "Can I convert to Judaism and still believe in Jesus?" The answer is no. This is not something negotiable in Judaism. Jewish doctrine about G-d is core and inviolate. Non-Jewish beliefs about G-d invalidate a conversion (and Jesus is a prime example of a non-Jewish belief about G-d, no matter what anyone tells you). So this could be a major change for anyone contemplating conversion to Judaism. If this is difficult for you, then you should not be considering conversion at all.

http://www.beingjewish.com/conversion/becomingjewish.html
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We Need to Hear God's Promises

In that day I will restore David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places, restore its ruins, and build it as it used to be (Amos 9:11).

Again we have before us God's promise to restore the nation of Israel. Like so many of these promises, it is given alongside threats of judgement, "All the sinners among my people will die by the sword" (Amos 9:10). This promise includes spiritual aspects, "In that day I will restore David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places, restore its ruins, and build it as it used to be" (Amos 9:11), and physical ones, "I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them" (Amos 9:15).

This theme of the restoration of Israel occurs over and over again in the Scriptures. Do you find this subject redundant? Do you tire of it? Why do you think it occurs as often as it does?

First, Israel needs it. Life as God's chosen nation has been tough. Israel was singled out from among the all nations to prove to the world its need of God. No matter what nation God would have chosen, the result would have been the same. No one can measure up to God's standards.

The good news is that even though we had to painfully discover our inadequacies, God promised to come through for us. Though we failed, he has promised to do what it takes so that we would come to know him in the way he intended.

Because of the intensity of Israel's struggle, we need to hear his promises over and over again.

We also need to hear these promises so much, because there are those who contradict them. Throughout the past two thousand years many have taught that God has given up on Israel. But it does not take too much honest reading of the Bible to know that God thinks otherwise. God's promises to Israel are not some hidden, cryptic messages requiring great scholarship, special revelatory knowledge, or the skills of a detective to find. On the contrary, they are clearly spoken in a wide variety of contexts. To deny God's commitment to the people of Israel is to question the Bible itself.

Because of those who would say otherwise, we need to hear his promises over and over again.

Finally, God speaks these things to this extent, because we all need to comprehend his character. God is faithful and true. When he enters into covenant, he keeps his part. God's love and commitment to Israel is not dependent upon the nation's performance. It is based on God Himself. When we understand that God is the one who establishes relationship with us, then we can rest in the security of his love.

If we think that it is our spirituality that is the glue in our relationship with God, then none of us has a chance. But when we realize that we are his people because of what he has done, then we know that he will see us through till the end.

Because of our great need of him, we need to hear his promises over and over again.

http://www.torahbytes.org/62-29.htm

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
John you can post photos on any post on the BBS.....

I think the picture is very interesting....

it is a shame most Christian are so antisemitic, they say they are not but their hatred for the Jewishness of the True Christan Faith betrays them...

Your belief that the Church has replaced Israel betrays you!!!

The Bride does NOT replace the Brethren.

God will keep His promises to Israel.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible makes it clear that a Christian does not have to covert to being a Jew first and then a Christian. Salvation is in the blood of Jesus not in Judaism. This does not mean that we should not love and pray for the Jews to see the truth that Jesus is the Messiah.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John you can post photos on any post on the BBS.....

I think the picture is very interesting....

it is a shame most Christian are so antisemitic, they say they are not but their hatred for the Jewishness of the True Christan Faith betrays them...

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powerhouse
Advanced Member
Member # 3826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powerhouse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but isn’t “Messianic” at least a parallel to Christianity?

--------------------
The Powerhouse Ministry
Blogs, Podcasts, Books and More
100% Free

Posts: 89 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

I did not know we could post photos here.
Wonderful!

John Hale
unregistered

Dilemma of a believing Jew...

-

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement