Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » should be of intrest to anyone that drives

Author Topic: should be of intrest to anyone that drives
Job511
Advanced Member
Member # 8154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Job511     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just moved to Utah from Wyoming, where not only do they have this law, but I heard that they recently beefed it up where if any vehicle is pulled over and it's possible, you have to move over.

Though, as far as I know, it is only common courtesy to move over for someone getting onto the highway.

--------------------
The lowly He sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
--Job 5:11, NIV

Posts: 28 | From: metro slc | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow.............thats a lot of money;

Takes drastic action to protect officiers on side of road. Ive seen films on many officers getting struck by vehicles while on the shoulder of the road.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know about this law. But I always thought it was common curteously to distant yourself from a pedestrian standing at the side of the road wether it is a cop or not.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.moveoveramerica.com/

New Traffic Law 2010 - Ticket cost $754.00
GOOD THING TO KNOW: New Law: If a patrol car is pulled over to the side of the road, you have to change to the next lane (away from the stopped vehicle) or slow down by 20 mph. Every state except Hawaii , Maryland and D.C. has this law. In California , the "Move-over" law became operative on January 1, 2010.
A friend's son got a ticket for this recently. A police car (turned out)it was 2 police cars) was on the side of the road giving a ticket to someone else. He slowed down to pass but did not move into the other lane. The second police car immediately pulled him over and gave him a ticket. He had never heard of the law. It is a fairly new law that states if any emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, if you are able to, you are to move into the far lane.
The cost of the ticket was $754, with 3 points on your license and a mandatory court appearance. Please let everyone you know that drives know about this new law. It is true, see details at the web address above....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement