Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Atheism

Author Topic: Atheism
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Job & welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your post. [Smile]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Job511
Advanced Member
Member # 8154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Job511     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MentorsRiddle:
What makes me sick is that schools today teach the Theory of Evolution like it was fact - when it is in reality just a simple theory.

That's typical evolutionists. I've also read online some of them say that ID advocates only have our Scriptures to support our theory, to which I say, "Wrong!" We have legitimate arguments against evolutionism. I don't want to hijack this thread - which is about atheists, not evolutionism - but I will just say that I wrote a single-post blog with 3 arguments against it.

--------------------
The lowly He sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
--Job 5:11, NIV

Posts: 28 | From: metro slc | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Carol. [Smile]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8xyMsbkO4&feature=related

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

No, I haven't Brother Paul.

Is that something you can download?

I don't think many movie rental places around here will have that.

Red-Box is a little bias [Wink]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever watch "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed"?

A good watch I assure you!

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

That's pretty powerful stuff, Carol.

I had never actually heard of that before.

The Bible is full of truth.

Man is full of lies.

Who should we beleive?
lol

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Big Grin]

Here's another piece of evidence if you're interested.

Etched within Earth's foundation rocks — the granites — are beautiful microspheres of coloration, halos, produced by the radioactive decay of primordial polonium, which is known to have only a fleeting existence.

The following simple analogy will show how these polonium microspheres — or halos — contradict the evolutionary belief that granites formed as hot magma slowly cooled over millions of years. To the contrary, this analogy demonstrates how these halos provide unambiguous evidence of both an almost instantaneous creation of granites and the young age of the earth.

A speck of polonium in molten rock can be compared to an Alka-Seltzer dropped into a glass of water. The beginning of effervescence is equated to the moment that polonium atoms began to emit radiactive particles. In molten rock the traces of those radioactive particles would disappear as quickly as the Alka-Seltzer bubbles in water. But if the water were instantly frozen, the bubbles would be preserved. Likewise, polonium halos could have formed only if the rapidly "effervescing" specks of polonium had been instantly encased in solid rock.

An exceedingly large number of polonium halos are embedded in granites around the world. Just as frozen Alka-Seltzer bubbles would be clear evidence of the quick-freezing of the water, so are these many polonium halos undeniable evidence that a sea of primordial matter quickly "froze" into solid granite. The occurrence of these polonium halos, then, distinctly implies that our earth was formed in a very short time, in complete harmony with the biblical record of creation.

The National Academy of Sciences has vehemently opposed creation science, even claiming that the evidence for creation has been scientifically invalidated. We have repeatedly challenged the Academy to publicly explain where the polonium-halo evidence for creation has ever been scientifically invalidated. For over 15 years, they have refused to even try, for they know that their statement is insupportable when it comes to the polonium-halo evidence.

(Earth Science Associates)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

For some reason, that picture has always reminded me of Larry King. [Big Grin]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Hmm..mmm...let's see. How do you spell that?...

evo...ivo...eva..loo..shun

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

lol, a fitting title [Smile] [roll on floor]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a good title for it. How's this...

Monkey Business

[wiggle7]

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

That's a big list. [Wink]

Did you know they are currently making a movie of Darwin right now?

I forget the name of it, but the previews center alot around the ideas conflicting with the church, etc.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

God WILL NOT be silenced [type]

List of Intellectual Doubters of Darwinism

http://www.ideacenter.org/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/1207#list

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

LOL.

The answer can be found in the first book of the bible for that. [Big Grin]

What makes me sick is that schools today teach the Theory of Evolution like it was fact - when it is in reality just a simple theory.

After all this time you would think they would have found the missing link, etc...

But they haven't.

I love reading headlines that say: "Missing Link Found!" or some other nonsence, and it turns out to be something completley off the mark.

Oh, when will people learn?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another favorite of mine is The Cambrian Explosion.

Scientists have tried to find fossil records of the gradual evolution of animals. Instead what they found, in various places around the Earth, is no fossils for a long geological time, then, in what they call the Cambrian period, a sudden explosion of fossil records of fully evolved animals representing all the major phylum. From nothing to everything all at once! It bothered Darwin all his life, but he still wrote his book on The Origin of Species. He thought that eventually fossil records of evolution would be found, but it has never happened.  -

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

They have to see that this all didn't just happen by accident!

How pompous do you have to be?

They are so sure of their selves, but the irony is that more evidence points towards there being a divine creator than there does towards their "rock-god".

I think it's pride -- pure and simple.

Also, if they admit there is a God, they will have to admit they are living against his Word.

I don't see them doing that any time in the near future.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're trying to prove that amino acids can be created from chemicals, and that amino acids can fold together accidentally to create a protein. There is so much involved though, such a specific pattern and sequence, that the mathematical probability is virtually zero. DNA is made up of protein, but DNA carries the information on how to make proteins. So you see the dilemma. DNA can't exist without protein, and protein can't exist without DNA, so how did it get started? Where did the first protein come from? There are many, many problems like that that scientists cannot solve because they reject faith in a Creator. The dummies.
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

LOL, isn't that ironic?

It is amazing to me that these scientists can think that life just spontainously appeared.

If in the beginning was something that had no life, eg. a compressed rock -- then why do they think it can give life?

To my knowledge a rock or a stone can't just spontainously start life.

Only the spark from God can begin life.

These people need to grow up.

They think we beleive in a fantasy... well I say they live in a fantasy.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a Christian documentary DVD I have, a lab scientist tells how other lab scientists spend years in the lab trying to create a single living cell so they can prove that the first living cell occurred spontaneously.

[pound]

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

LOL.

I have always found that way of thinking so... well, stupid.

Most of these people beleive in the Big Bang theory.

It is funny to me that they would prefer to beleive in a peice of matter that has always existed, as opposed to a God that has always existed...

I think they are just pridefull.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

-

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement