Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Should I relocate?

Author Topic: Should I relocate?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, I was in Florida right after Andrew. I loved being there but I wouldn't want to live there. It is too flat. It is probably a great place however if one can afford to live there. Also, I missed the seasons. North Carolina is intoxicating. When fall comes it is intense. When spring comes it is awesome. And each season I say to myself that I love the fall best, or I love the spring best. But as it turns out, whichever season is in front of me wins.

There may be only one way to find out if a move to L.A. is for you. I've done that. Always ended up back home though. However, I loved the experience of going, of having been there.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board. I too am divorced and do not have a Christ believing family.

Calf been there done that while I was in the Navy.

I say! Give me Michigan. The change in seasons keeps ones soul on its toes. To smell the flowers in May and the falling leaves in October you just have to thank God for the thrill in your heart.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holly...Holly.

You said
quote:
I don't necessarily deserve a bountiful life
My sister -- none of us deserve anything. But by God's mercy and grace we are granted those things.

None of us... not one, deserve anything but the wrath of God.

I grew up in a good home, so I won't say that I understand your past -- because I beleive that would be insulting to you. But, I do know of hardships in other areas.

I know all about using humor to mask hidden pain... but Holly, we can't always run from the problems and mask them.. that's what doctors do HAHA.

But, back to being serious again, you as a servent of God need only to seek him first in all things and he will take care of the rest.

You deserve forgiveness and you are not incidental to God, nor to me, nor to any of your other brothers and sisters in Christ.

You have a purpose -- and you have a reason. You will discover that one day, either in this life or in the next.

But live this life to the fullest and trust that you have a purpose... you do.

If your purpose is in Flordia then say there... but if you feel drawn to Cali. then go there.

Does that help any? I hope so.

I know what it feels like to be so confused, and lost in a world that is so evil -- but you will make it through; not you, but Christ in you will make it through.

Follow your heart, for that is the throne of God within you.

And of course, you can always come here for help and prayer and advice.

We are all here for you.

In God's love by the name of Jesus -- I truly hope you become at peace in heart and mind and soul.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly H
Member # 7753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holly H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that while I believe I'm forgiven, the combination of my past actions and the household I grew in do subconsciously make me feel like I can please God with all the ministry work, etc but that I don't necessarily deserve a bountiful life so I feel like I should continue living a safe life in a job I don't like and not to move or do anything like that. My parents weren't the kind to encourage or show a lot of love so I subsequently felt like I was incidental most of the time although I've become very good at masking that with a lot of quick witted humor.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may have had a crazy past H, but that is the beauty of Jesus Christ/God/Holy Spirit -- Once God is involved in our life, we are forgiven of our past deeds and wrong doings.

We must also forgive ourselves of the things we have done.

That unforgiveness that we hold over our own head only serves to seperate us from those who God would put in our path...

I feel God telling me to tell you: That just because you have had a crazy past, doesn't mean you can't have a blessed and rich future...

What do you feel about that?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly H
Member # 7753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holly H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a bunch! actually belong to an awesome church and am really involved in ministry there but haven't really found anyone I really really connected with where we're on the same level beyond idle chit chat. I'm 33 and divroced with no kids and a crazy past so there don't seem to be many people who understand where I've been or where I'm going in life.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

You are very welcome H.

Well, if you don't feel tied to Flordia, then by all means do what makes you happy.

I don't think God, in his infinate mercy, wants us to be unhappy...

I think he wants us to make good decisions.

here are 3 basic rules to follow that I feel God just spoke into my heart, which can help you and others in their decision making process.

1st - Do what praises and gives glory to God first.

2nd - Make sure the decisions you make does not harm your neighbour(s), nor conflict with the 1st rule.

3rd - Make yourself happy, as long as it does not conflict with the 1st and 2nd rules.

It is also important for human beings to have friends -- someone to count on and spend your time with.

If you do not currently go to church, I would love to encourage you to find one and attend it every time you can -- and try to make new friends.

The church is a great place to find people of like mind, which can encourage you on your walk towards God -- and give you the support you need along the way.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Holly H
Member # 7753

Thanks so much for the reply. I have some friends here in FL but noone extremely close. And for some reason I've always wanted to live there and love it every time I visit but I want to make sure I'm serving God's purpose and not my own selfish wants. And I guess not gaving a lot of close people in FL, I don't feel particularly tied to it.
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Welcome to the Christianbbs by the way [Smile]

Please post some more and stick around -- I'm sure you will come to find good frineds in some of us.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

hey there

God exists inside all of us, so sometimes he is giving us an answer but we just ignore it...

listen close to your heart and there you will find God's answer for you.

But just my opinion... you say you are not close to your parents, have lived in flordia all your life...

do you have friends in FL?

if so, do you have any friends in CA?

Friends and family is what makes a place home... not the land or location.

So, if you won't have any friends or know anyone... it will be more difficult.

What do you think?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Holly H
Member # 7753

Hi All - I am a FL native and am considering relocating to the L.A., CA area. I love the area and am a 33 yr old divorced female. I've prayed so much about it and am just not sure if I'm hearing an answer. I've never lived outside FL and am an only child and not very close with my parents who are unbelievers. My question is, does anyone have any advice?? I'm not, nor do I intend on being an actor or anything like btw. Thank you so much!!!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement