Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Children Go To Heaven

Author Topic: Children Go To Heaven
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol,

Good posting. We can get so bogged down by wondering about people who have not heard the Gospel that we miss the big picture. What are we doing as individuals to see that all hear the Gospel? Here is a great way:

http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/proclaimer

Give a donation and provide a proclaimer to a village
How does the Proclaimer work?

* An installed microchip contains Scriptures in the heart language; the chip will not erase or wear out from frequent playing.
* The battery will play for 15 hours and can be recharged enough times to play the entire New Testament more than 1,000 times.
* The Proclaimer has a built-in generator and solar panel to charge the battery.
* The solar panel, in addition to charging the battery, will run the Proclaimer even without battery power as long as there is sunlight.
* The sound is digital quality and loud enough to be heard clearly by groups as large as 300.
* Quoting a well-known TV personality: “The Proclaimer is self-powered and can play the Bible in the jungle, desert or … even on the moon! ”

The Proclaimer was developed primarily as a playback device for poor and illiterate people who may not have any other source to hear God's Word. Our goal is to use the Proclaimer in the majority of our FCBH programs worldwide.

-----
Don't be angry God over the lost but become apart of a group that is sending proclaimers to groups of people who have never heard the Gospel. My husband and I have had the privileged through our Church to send Proclaimers to a village in Africa.
Instead of arguing about whether everyone has a chance to hear the Gospel, be a part of a experience where you can help more people hear the Gospel. And even if you can't give, you can pray for the lost every day.
Where ever you go let people see Jesus in you and share the Gospel with others.

Don't curse the darkness but help bring the light of Jesus in a dark world.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about people who have never heard of Christ?
Another way this question is often phrased is, "What about the innocent natives in Africa?"

The truth is, there are no innocent people. The Bible teaches that we are all imperfect, selfish, weak, sinful, and spiritually unclean. We are all dead in our sins and deserving of God's wrath (Romans 3:9-20; Ephesians 2:1-10).

The Bible makes it clear that through nature and conscience each person has some knowledge about God and sin for which he is accountable. (Read Romans 1:18-2:16 and Psalm 19:1.) Thus, everyone really knows, if he is honest, that God exists and that to ignore Him has serious consequences.

God's wrath is very severe toward anyone who continually rebells against Him (Nahum 1:2-6, Psalm 90:7-8). Indeed, rejecting God in any of His Trinitarian manifestations (Father, Son, or Holy Spirit) condemns one to hell. Rejecting God the Father—Romans 1:18-32. Rejecting Jesus—John 3:36; John 8:24. Rejecting the Holy Spirit—Matthew 12:31-32; Mark 3:28-29.

But the Bible also teaches that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2)! And it implies that whoever seeks after God earnestly will find him (Deuteronomy 4:29; Psalm 86:5; Proverbs 8:17; Jeremiah 29:13; Matthew 7:7-8). God is fair as well as just. We are confident, for example, that the Old Testament patriarchs who lived by faith before Jesus' earthly ministry, are in heaven. So certainly some people have gotten to heaven without knowing Jesus in the personal way that the New Testament speaks of. Ultimately only God can judge as only He knows the individual's heart. We hold out hope that for those who have not heard but have not rejected God, those have been misinformed, or those who are unable to understand (children, mentally ill, etc) may be pardoned by a just God.

But, the Bible clearly teaches that the only certain way to heaven is through Jesus (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). We are confident that God will not hold anyone accountable for any knowledge he did not receive. At the same time, the Bible emphatically states that Christ is the only sure way to salvation. Anyone who has heard of the saving grace of Jesus, and rejects it, would be thumbing his nose at God (John 3:36).

To reject Jesus is a serious matter. It is tantamount to refusing God's offer of reconcilation to sinful man. As R.C. Sproul points out (book, noted in the resource list), those who have heard and reject Christ face double jeopardy. That is to say, you would be guilty by your sinful nature and guilty also for having rejected God's son. Thus "religion" without Christ does not redeem people but may add to their ultimate guilt.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although Romans 5:12 demonstrates that all mankind is born with a sin nature which, naturally, is a statement inclusive of children, the Bible demonstrates there is a time when a child doesn't know right from wrong.

Deuteronomy 1:39: Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

Isaiah 7:16: For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

God is a just and righteous God. As such, any child who dies, prior to reaching a point in their life where they knowingly make a choice to disobey God's will for their life and His commandments, is innocent of any wrongdoing.

John 9:41: Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Jeremiah 1:5
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

(He was pure coming out of the womb. Question: Does God play favorites?) See also: Mat. 18:6 and Isa. 40:11

1 John 2:12

12. I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [that is] from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

(God forgives little children because --- they know the Father) See Rom. 8:1

Matthew 19:13

13. Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put [his] hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
15 And he laid [his] hands on them, and departed thence.

(We must become like a child, innocent and trusting -- see both Mat. above verses and Mark below) See also: Rom. 8:1

Mark 10:13

13. And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and [his] disciples rebuked those that brought [them].
14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
16 And he took them up in his arms, put [his] hands upon them, and blessed them.

Luke 17:1

1. Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offenses will come: but woe [unto him], through whom they come!
2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

(That is to cause them to loose their innocence)

Luke 18:15

15. And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when [his] disciples saw [it], they rebuked them.
16 But Jesus called them [unto him], and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

(Infants are innocent as is the kingdom of God) See also: "little children" Mt. 19:14; Mk. 10:15; Lk. 17:2; Mt. 18:6, 10 and "young children" Mk. 10:13.

Matthew 18:6

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

(Jesus says the little ones believe in Him. How do we obtain salvation? Is it not by believing in Jesus?) See also: Rom. 8:1, 10

Matthew 18:10

10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

(The little ones each have their own angel watching over them)

Ezekiel 18:20

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

(If you sin you die, if you did not sin you live. You will not go to hell for anything that anyone else did, only for YOUR OWN SINS.) See also: Mt. 5:8; Jer. 1:5; Ex. 32:33; Rev. 3:5; Ezek. 18:4-9; 18:19.

2 Samuel 12:22

22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell [whether] GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

(David, who was one favored by God for following God and to whom God conversed with, said that he (David) would join his child again. Question: Was David going to hell or heaven?)

Matthew 18:2

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(What does a child have that would cause Jesus to command that we must become like one of them? If a child was automatically going to hell, then why is it necessary to become like a child? A child has Trust, Faith, innocence!) See also: Mt. 5:8; 18:6; Mk. 9:36-37; Lk. 9:48; Rom. 9:12.

Matthew 5:8

8 Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

(Who can deny that a baby is pure in heart, How has a baby sinned?) See also: Ezek. 18:20.

Luke 1:41

41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

(Would a soul that is under condemnation, that is dammed to hell, leap for joy at hearing the voice of the mother of Jesus?) See also: Lk. 1:44 below.

Luke 1:44

44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Psalms 27:10

10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

Proverbs 4:4

4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.

(What baby or little child has broken a commandment?)

Proverbs 8:32

32. Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed [are they that] keep my ways.

(How has a baby or little child turned from God's ways?)

Isaiah 40:11

11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry [them] in his bosom, [and] shall gently lead those that are with young.

(Lambs represent young children.)

Mark 9:36

36 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,
37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

(If a child is not innocent, then why would Jesus say this?) See also: Lk. 9:48 below and also Rom. 8:1.

Luke 9:48

48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Matthew 21:15

15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

(Since when does evil praise God. It never has and never will, so babies and sucklings must be good.) See also Psa. 8:2 below.

Psalms 8:2

2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

Nehemiah 8:2

2 And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month.

( Note here that all those who were not capable of understanding the Word of God was not required to hear the Word of God. This has a very strong implication of accountability.)

1 Kings 15:14

14 But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect with the LORD all his days.

(Would this statement be true if he came out of the womb with sin?) See also: Rom. 8:10.

Jeremiah 49:11

11 Leave thy fatherless children, I will preserve [them] alive; and let thy widows trust in me.

Luke 1:15

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

(The Holy Spirit does not reside inside of a sinner.) See also: Rom 8:10

Psalms 24:3

3. Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

See also: Mk. 9:36-37; Mt. 18:6; Lk. 1:15; 9:48; Jer. 1:5; Isa. 40:11; 1Ki. 15:14; Rom. 9:11; Ex. 32:23; Rev. 3:5.

Psalms 22:29

29 All [they that be] fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

(The word "keep" here indicates that you are not born with your soul dead. You can not keep something alive if it is already dead and was never alive to start with.)

Romans 2:13

13 For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

(This is speaking here of God's law, not the law of Moses. What part of God's law have the babies and little children broken?)

Romans 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offense, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

(This is speaking about physical death, and not the second death of the soul.)

Numbers 14:28

28 Say unto them, [As truly as] I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:
29 Your carcasses shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,
30 Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, [concerning] which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.
31 But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.
32 But [as for] you, your carcasses, they shall fall in this wilderness.

( These verses indicate that there is an age of accountability. I do not suggest that such an age is as shown above. But we see here that God did not punish the young ones even though some probably did also murmur against God. Clearly, here an age did play a part in the decision the Israelites made for which God was punishing them. The young people under 20 years of age were not allowed to choose whether to obey God and enter into the land or to Disobey and not enter into the land. If a little child is not able to make a choice, are they to be found guilty? The verse above would say no.)

1 Corinthians 7:14

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

(The children are called holy. Question: Could they be called holy if they were already condemned to hell?)

Romans 9:11

11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

(It says here that an unborn child has not committed evil, or have not sinned. Question: Does God condemn to hell the innocent, those who have not sinned?? There are so many verses that say that He does not. That we are condemned ONLY for what WE do.) See also Deut. 1:39

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement