Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » The power of prayer

Author Topic: The power of prayer
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a refreshing outlook on prayer. A far cry from the "name it / claim it" jargon we here so much about, today. I look forward to reading more posts from you.

In Christ,
Billy.

--------------------
Test yourselves to be sure that you are in the faith.

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christlovesu2
Community Member
Member # 7207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christlovesu2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I was privileged enough to receive a copy of Fox Faith's "The List" DVD. Decided to pop it in & from an entertainment perspective, I thought it was excellent. Relieving to see a faith based film with an amusing plot.

More than anything though- I couldn't help but sit back and reflect on the power of prayer. The movie really portrays it well as the main character, although not following the lord during most of the movie, struggles through many hardships and difficult decisions.. Many of which lead to further complications. All the while, the ones closest to him rely heavily on prayer....

I'm not going to spoil any endings, but after the movie- I really just reflected on the fact that prayer does change lives. Even though the outcome of a situation may not be exactly what is planned or hoped for- God always acknowledges our persistence in prayer; because of that I think we are awarded with peace & better understanding of his will.

So, I just thought I'd share that with you guys; always encouraging to be spiritually refreshed & challenged.

If you get a chance, I'd definitely recommend checking out the movie- it was worth the few dollars spent.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement