Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » on yhe lighter side

Author Topic: on yhe lighter side
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHElives...I shouldn't have responded this way, it wasn't very nice of me...do not worry about me, it may not sound that way sometimes but slowly and surely I am forgiving him more each day that passes by. I know that it should be done instantly, but at least, I am working on it...I would much rather forgive him than having to face God's wrath...he, however, will be held accountable for his own actions when he finds himself face to face with God on Judgement Day...I wouldn't want to be in his shows when that happens if he keeps on behaving the way he has for years...
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lonlesol ,
sorry you did not see the humor...

my wife sent it to me and I thought it was cute...

it was not posted with the intent to hurt, you or anyone else...

but there is a depth to humility to be learn in the lesson of the illustration of the little dog for all Christians... men and women...

we should be instantly willing to forgive no matter how wrong the offense against us or by who ever it comes!

this is what Yeshua was referring to by "forgive 7 X 70 times a day."

What is expected of us as we follow Yeshua by carrying our cross doesn't seam logical or fair but it is what He expects of His children.

and He has given us super natural ability to do His will by His Holy Spirit Grace,

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever felt like you have been trapped in the trunk of a car for years, afraid to say anything for the fear of being locked there forever by your own spouse if you complained about it once he decided to open the trunk to let you out to breathe if only for a moment?...

I felt that way and I rebelled against my assailant!...I called God for help for I couldn't take it anymore and He delivered me from evil!...

So I have changed my mind!...If I look at it this way, it IS funny!...I may have lost my husband, but I am free and keeping away from evildoers for now on!...

As for a dog being man's best friend...I am not so sure about that either...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Call me a party pooper if you want but I certainly disagree on this one...it isn't funny at all, BecauseHelives... [Frown]
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that was funny!

How to Preserve a Husband

Be careful in your selection. Once selected, give your entire thoughts to preparation for domestic use.

Some wives insist upon keeping them in a pickle, others are constantly getting them into hot water. This makes them sour, hard, and sometimes bitter. Even poor varieties may be made sweet, tender and good, by garnishing them with kisses, wrapping them in a blanket of love, keeping them warm with a steady fire of domestic devotion, and serving with peaches and cream.

Thus prepared they will keep for years!!

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 21 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A dog is truly a man's best friend.

If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who’s really happy to see you?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement