Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » I think I just offended my GP

Author Topic: I think I just offended my GP
Lora
Member # 6783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be a living testimony to her but I guess I wasn't today.

I went to register with a new GP because I didn't have one in my town. She filled in her details in my booklet and said: "Let's do the control examination. Take your clothes off and put them over there."

I said, "No. I don't want a control examination"

She said, "You'll have to pay a fine if you don't do it"

I said, "No problem".

She didn't ask me why, but I think I should have explained. Now she thinks that I am afraid of a urine test and an electrocardiogram.

The fact is that I don't believe in medicine and see its pharmacology and invasive methods as ungodly. I don't know how it is in your country, but medical students here use corpses to study and exercise on and start their career by swearing the hippocratic oath.

Please pray for me so I can be a better witness for Christ and tell me if you have had similar experiences. Also, I have heard that there are churches where people generally refuse medical treatment and transplantations. What churches are these?

--------------------
I am spared by mercy, a child of his grace
Received into his favor despite my selfish ways

Posts: 6 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement