Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Gay Men Banned as Blood Donors for Life

Author Topic: Gay Men Banned as Blood Donors for Life
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAAFOTL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right! It isn't the transfusion itself that is killing people, but the virus being transmitted to them through no fault of their own, (in the case of the link you posted of course reuse of needles by medical staff was a contributing factor to the sad case)but the reason AIDS is a problem for ALL is because some people choose to make lifestyle choices that cause everyone to pay a high price, for their few moments of deviant pleasure.

And the next thing you know they will cry discrimination, because the nation doesn't want their blood! [Roll Eyes]
And this Dr. is disappointed that gay men have been banned for life from giving blood.

Is he serious?

“I am disappointed, I must confess,” said Dr. Celso Bianco, executive vice president of America’s Blood Centers, whose members provide nearly half the nation’s blood supply.

--------------------
Study to show yourself approved, a workman unto God who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
_ ____ _
My screen name stands for "I am a Friend of The Lord's"

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eighty Children Die Of Aids Due To Tainted Blood, Dirty Needles In Southern Kazakhstan

http://www.medindia.com/news/view_news_main.asp?x=16079

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18827137/

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAAFOTL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TexasGrandma,

It is definitely a mind boggling truth. Just like a poll I saw somewhere, I thought it was here, but anyway, it said that a boy died from aids, due to a blood transfusion he received and some of the options on the poll were, did the boy die because of the blood transfusion, aids, poor lifestyle choices and something else... 32% said from the blood transfusion! Are they serious?
[Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
It is funny how the medical department can see that the gay lifestyle is not healthy but yet the general population refuses to see that.

--------------------
Study to show yourself approved, a workman unto God who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
_ ____ _

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is funny how the medical department can see that the gay lifestyle is not healthy but yet the general population refuses to see that.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

I wonder if they will claim "discrimination"? [Roll Eyes]
Yahoo News- Gay Men Banned for Life

--------------------
_ ____ _

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement