Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Is This Right?

Author Topic: Is This Right?
frater_nothing
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
i know, but i can't have anything awesome until i somehow please God which after 3 years, i STILL don't have any desire to do.

I can assure you of this much: whatever you've been doing for 3 years is definetly NOT Xristentric Conversion.

You sound like someone who's tired of playing games, to me. You sound like you're searching for wisdom.

Tell me a little about your Church background. It sounds like you were converted to Churchianity instead of Christianity.

Churchianity is for lukewarm, hypocritical, high-society reprobates who believe that 'going to church' and eating potluck Sunday lunch is what Christianity is about.

Most 'Churchians' live this way. They are also 100% hellbound! They are the ones Paul was talking about when he wrote: "And I say now, even weeping, that there are many who are enemies of the Cross of Xristos, whose end is Destruction, who god is their belly, who set their minds on the things of this world."

Xristianity for the the few and far between veritable Disciple of Xristos.

Churchianity is for the flocks of goats fit for destruction.

Xristianity is for the sheep who hear no voice but that of their Shepherd.

You have been listening to the folly of men for several years now, J4.

When are you going to start listening to the words of grace and agape of your only Deliverer, Iesous Xristos?

I know of no other man who died on a cross to cover your violations with his own blood.

I suggest that you take spiritual weed killer to your soil, and let the seed fall on your good ground.

You may have thorny ground right now, but you also have good soil, or you wouldn't be asking for help.

To commend you to the word of Xristos.

Why don't you hang around for a while, and begin seriously taking the initiative of Bible study for yourself? Let's see what happens.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

i know, but i can't have anything awesome until i somehow please God which after 3 years, i STILL don't have any desire to do.
frater_nothing
unregistered

quote:
i'm gonna ask this:

a dude still tells his 19 year old son what to do, what is wrong with this picture?

What do you seek?

What are you interested in?

It's almost spring, and you're a 19 year old man!

You sound like you need a hot girl friend.

Repent before God and ask for the strength of Christ.

Go find a job.

Get out of mom and dad's house.

Go get a girl friend and marry her.

Quit living an introverted, goofy life, you big nerd. [Big Grin]

If you need dating techniques, I highly suggest a meditative reading of Song of Solomon.

Song of Solomon has it all -- Girls, Romance, Eros, Flowers, Oil, Gazelles, Pomegranates...

Come to think of it, Song of Solomon even has sexual technique.

You sound like a legalistic prisoner to me.

See that girl with a hot body and a great Christian spirit?

YOU BETTER HOOK THAT ONE BEFORE SHE'S GONE, KIMOSABE.

Comprende?

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

i'm not skilled at anything. i'm afraid of EVERYTHING. i got no job, no friends, no confidence, no nothing.

Well J4, you're in a place and minset that Yahweh can work in you.

When pride and self confidence is stripped away, God is able.

So when God begins to work in, and equip you - you will KNOW it's His mercy and grace - and not your abilities and doing.

Sometimes God puts people thru a season of lonliness and dessert so we will learn to rely on and trust HIM.

J4, you know that Christians are refered to as sheep, and lost people as swine (pigs)

What is the difference between sheep and pigs?

Both get in the mud and slime

Pigs like to wallow in it

Sheep just want out , and to be cleaned.

Your cries show that you are a sheep wanting out and to be cleaned - rather than a pig wanting to wallow in it.

Brother - here's a verse for you - really think on, chew on it, meditate on it.
Let God speak to you thru it.
He's wanting to shape and perfect you.
TRUST Him, lean on and depend on Him.

James 1:2-5
(2) Consider it ALL joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
(3) knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
(4) And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
(5) But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

i already have and i already know what i feel.

i'm a backslider and i don't love god.

hopefully one day i will.

i guess that's why things are so bad.

i'm not skilled at anything. i'm afraid of EVERYTHING. i got no job, no friends, no confidence, no nothing.

"seek God's kingdom first and these things will be added unto you."

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well J4, here's a couple of hard things to think about.

If you are living under his house, you have to go by his rules.

You are a MAN now, you have to accept that.

You DO have the choice of living by his rules in his house
or
Leaving and going where you DON'T have to live by his rules

What kind of example are you showing him of what being a Christian is all about?

What does he see in your behavior and actions - a reason to believe or not?

If he is lost - don't you love him enough to want to be a vessel used by God to get him saved.
(If not - you'd better SERIOUSLY exam your own heart)

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

but i have done it long enough.

i've already been in the Air Force but separated and now i'm back.

he thinks i'm afraid of 'hard work' and that isn't true at all.

if i was out on my own and had my own house, it wouldn't matter, it'd be on my schedule.

man i haven't learned anything.

i already tried being nice and good, i still get taken advantage of and that's when i start getting mad.

my dad calls my name every other minute, it's so irritating.

there's no peace in this house.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you prayed and asked God what He is trying to teach you? Sometimes, God leaves us in a valley until we learn the lesson. I am far from an expert, but could God be teaching you how to obey even though you don't really like the person in authorite over you. When you go out in the real world, you will have bosses who cuss at you and who are mean, but you will be requried to obey with a smile on your face. This does not mean I do not feel for you. When I was a teen my mom and I had a rough relationship at times. But maybe it is possible that you need to surrender yourself to God, be willing to live at home until it is God's time for you to move out and seek God to help you love your dad as he is. Remember God loved us as we are so much He died for us while we were yet sinners. I can tell you that when I fought against what God was teaching me, I ended up in the trial must longer, but when I surrenedered to God, the trial was not so long.
God bless you
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

well i disagree.

he's not being a dad, he's not even a christian.

he's a tyrant. he doesn't understand me or important things.

he provokes me.

i've been wanting to move out for so long now and i can't tell if i'm still here because it's God's way of punishing me or whatever.

but i'm tired of it.

the dude thinks it's a sin for me to take a nap. he thinks playing videogames is wrong.

some other things that are so wrong is he tells me all the time that i "NEED a girlfriend." i "NEED to hang out with people my age more."
i don't disagree but i absolutely DON'T need him to tell me that either.

today is March 10, and here i go once again, i gotta spend even MORE time with him on some little trip that he's making me go on with him to help my grandparents move some furniture.

i mean i have ALWAYS done what he's told me to do. i feel powerless anyways.

i don't understand why i'm still living here. oh how happy i will be to not live here anymore.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 54 and I tell my youngest who is 30 what to do.
He laughs and usually does what he wants, but he does take my ideas into consideration. My point is a dad is always a dad and he will always want to take care of you. My 75 year old mom tells me what to do sometimes. So hang in there and remember your dad loves you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

i'm gonna ask this:

a dude still tells his 19 year old son what to do, what is wrong with this picture?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement