Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Oprah

Author Topic: Oprah
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could also remind your parents that while a life time is about 70- 100 years, while, eternity is forever. Yes, it is wonderful to do good works and help others, but if we also lead people to hell, by our wrong message, our works will mean nothing in hell.
People who have bought into Oprah's view that many- many roads lead to hell, will be cursing her through out eternity. Then all the great works she has done will mean nothing.
Christians do many things for the poor but they don't get the publicity. I found out yesterday, that the first people that reached the Katrina victims was a Christian group called Acts. They came with food, medication, and clothing and even provided Christian entertainment to help heal their spirits. They stayed for 9 months, but they had no funding from any government organization. Very little has been said about this group because they are Christian young people who do this for free because they love the Lord.
They were also the first group to arrive in Florida last month to help and the first to arrive in Alabama. They are supported by private funding. They have several buses that carry a kitchen on wheels, hospital on wheels and even a stage for entertaining. The leader is a former Pastor who felt led to start this ministry to feed and clothe the hurting and present Jesus to them also.
So yes, I applaud Oprah for her good works, but she is sending many to hell by teaching that “millions” of roads lead to Heaven. She will one day answer to God for this.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian3
Advanced Member
Member # 6417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well all you can do is show them and tell them what you know! God has to prepare the heart. You see people are locked in on what seems to be the way to heaven such as giving money,cars,houses,clothes,etc. but you can go into the streets or anywhere for that matter and witness to 1 lost person and win them over with sharing the gospel and all the angels in heaven will be shouting and dancing! I am sure God is pleased with Oprah helping others but if God isnt in it then it means nothing at all. Sometimes we fall in Love more with the ministry than the Master of the ministry! The Bible says you shall know the truth. and the truth shall make you free! So for Oprah to say there are many ways to heaven....Well then it shows she is not in the word because it plainy tells us when Jesus said I am the way! you cant get to heaven NO OTHER WAY! So you keep sharing the gospel and keep pressin ON! I will be standing in prayer for this situation! Because God Do all things even when we see no hope! Hang in there & GOd Bless you!
P.S. Religion doesnt save us! You can be Religious and still go to Hell! Because partial obedience is disobedience you either obey or disobey! So dont let anyone steer you away from the Word!

--------------------
I have been crucified with Christ,and I no longer live,but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20

Posts: 63 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RustyNails
Member # 6426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RustyNails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This issue has touch my life personally. My parent are relgious Oprah viewers. I've been trying to convience them that what she presents as Christanity isn't. Unfortunitly, I havn't been able to. Their response is basicly, What have you done for humanity? What has Oprah done? Who should we believe? Coupled with the fact they have no concept of the New Age movmemt; I don't stand a chance. All my efforts have actually back fired. I really don't know what more to do besides prey. Because to push the issue just makes them more defensive.
Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian3
Advanced Member
Member # 6417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, We need to get the video out to people who arent aware of this video from her, But we need to pray for this woman that God would open her eyes to the truth and open her heart so that she might see that without Jesus Christ we have nothing!

--------------------
I have been crucified with Christ,and I no longer live,but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20

Posts: 63 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch her show every day. I haven't done so for years. It is sad that someone who has the followers that she has, is giving out such bad information.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian3
Advanced Member
Member # 6417

Yes its pretty sad that a woman that has millions of fans like she has and most of them agree with her! GOD HELP US!

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now people can add this video to their website by getting the code off this page:

http://www.jesusclips.com/view_video.php?viewkey=6fa44e1ed0ff613f563b

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW great link. I have not seen this one.

I am going to try to add it to

www.jesusclips.com

Thanks!

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian3
Advanced Member
Member # 6417

If you know anyone who loves to sit and watch The Oprah Show show them this!.... web page

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement