Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » What are you currently reading?

Author Topic: What are you currently reading?
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... combat swimmer: life of navy SEALs. I never read fiction, I feel as if I am wasting my time when I do.

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evangelist Smith
Community Member
Member # 6373

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Evangelist Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God's Word....love His Word

Godbless

--------------------
In Christ's Service
Evangelist Smith

Posts: 18 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am rereading "The Pre-wrath Rapture of the Church" by Marvin Rosenthal. I am trying to get back up to speed so I can discuss it with a minister friend. The book is very controversial and its teachings are banned in many churches - as is the case of my own church.

Bandit

Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Terri Blackstock. I read two of her books last week and have several on order from the library. This week, I have been reading Christian romance books. Surprisingly the author did a very good job of including Bible verses and showing the way of salvation in her books. (Laura Wick)

Last night I started a book called "Hot Flashes and Cold Cream by Diann Hunt. It is a Christian woman's comedy look at being over 50. I turn 55 in April so this book, I can relate to.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Southern Storm, by Terri Blackstock. Its just one of several, I am reading now.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I am currently reading:

Faking Church: The Subtle Defection
By Schaeffer Dan

Overview:
Don't worry-we're all faking church to some degree. None of us tell ourselves the whole truth, all the time, about our spiritual lives. But when we're just going through the motions...when the untruths begin to drain all the joy out of worship¿when we're considering not even showing up on Sunday morning...it's time to get real again with God. Dan Schaeffer invites you to unflinchingly examine your heart, to ask questions you're noy used to asking yourself, to explore motivations you've always taken for granted, and to challenge some of your longstanding assumptions about church and ministry. Exploring the common traps and misconceptions that seduce believers into becoming spiritual fakes, Schaeffer points the way for allowing the Holy Spirit to Create in yo a genuine servant's heart. You'll need self-honesty. A determined will. And resolute prayer. But you'll never have to go back to faking church again.

:::::::::::::::::

So far it is pretty good and he seems to tell it like it really is.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leytonstones
Community Member
Member # 6155

Icon 16 posted      Profile for leytonstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to confess I am a real bookworm. The book I am currently reading is "Perseveramce In Gratitude: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on the Epistle to the Hebrews" by David A. DeSilva.

I am also reading thru' the Bible again in a year. I have a lot of other books lined up to read.

I hope you will enjoy sharing your books in this thread.

Blessings

Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement