Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » thoughts from a scattered brain

Author Topic: thoughts from a scattered brain
Evangelist Smith
Community Member
Member # 6373

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Evangelist Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Amen brothers and sisters good truths spoken here...I believe that we are standing on the very edge of time and our Lord will soon return.....As you all have spoken sin seems to be the in thing today.Its as though man has no conscience about it anymore.

It seems satan has sold many people today the lie that God no longer hates sin and will accept sin..If you like it, do it, God doesnt mind.

Take a look at the churches who have welcomed Homosexuals in to floant their abominations in the faces of God's children and in God's Holy House in His Presence.And the ones who are welcoming these in are so called men and women of God.

Makes my stomach turn, and you must know how dispicable it has to be to a Righteous and Holy God .

Yet these people will tell you I am a Christian.

Puts me into mind of these scriptures

They say they know God but in works they deny Him being abominable and disobedient and unto every good work reprobate

If we say we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness we lie and do not the truth

its that simple too

If there has been no heart change and no life style change , someone needs to go back to the altar and mean business with God

Because the God that we love and serve is a Holy Sinless God who hates sin and will have NO part of it.

amen and amen to that

2Ti 3:1 ¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

we are living in perilous times and its a cold hurting dark world with very little love for anyone..just take a look around you

and it all lines up with God's Word for these end times

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

amen to that Lord amen to that

God bless you all dont ever give up Jesus is coming Soon, the signs of the times are everywhere

walk in the faith of the Lord
God bless

--------------------
In Christ's Service
Evangelist Smith

Posts: 18 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bicyclerider
Member # 6310

Icon 3 posted      Profile for bicyclerider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty! I wanted to reply to your post and wanted to say first of all your thoughts are not in any way scattered; As a matter of fact I feel that you are closer to the truth than most give you credit for. Jesus told us that there are going to be many who will come in His name and deceive us, but those who keep their faith in Him and endure to the end will be saved. He also told us that we are to keep watch because the end is nearer than we think, for we are from God and greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world. All that is happening today is only the beginning of the birth pangs that is spoken of in Matthew 24:4-14, and V.14 tells us, "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (NASB) When we look at the world today we see our children being manipulated by the media, our state and federal governments, and the bending and reshaping of our first amendment. We see sex in the media, in the streets, in our schools, on television, in magazines, billboards, etc. etc., and it is getting worse each year. Drugs, lying, cheating,drinking, sex, and rebellion, are some of the peer pressures in the lives of our children pressuring them into doing that which God says is immoral, and if a child doesn't have sex by the time they are in high school they are looked upon as outcasts. The very people who are sitting in authoritive positions in our governments and telling us that we need to protect our children are handing out condoms to fifth and sixth graders telling them that it's alright to have sex as long as it's done safely. It would seem that marriages in the world has become the comsummation of sex instead of the other way around. Men want to marry other men; Women want to marry other women; Men and women want to have sex changes, etc. etc.. I don't mean to get locked in on the sex issue, but it would seem that immorality in every sense of the word and idolatry seem to be the two frontrunners in the realm of sin, not to mention numerous others as well. I know that there is so much more that can be said on this topic, but I'll save some for another time. I just wanted to weigh in with a couple of thoughts of my own and to say that I thank God for taking this wretched man who was dead and gave me life. God bless you my sister; I will keep you in my prayers. Your Brother In Christ...Anthony. Praise Jesus!!!
Posts: 3 | From: Vernon, Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Sister you are right, The falling away has already begun,It began a good while ago.

The Church in many cases have departed from the trurh of Gods word. Many within the Church have perverted scripture to suit their agenda.

Jesus said, Not everyone who says Lord,Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven.

In other words,Not everyone who says they are saved is actually saved.

In many so called churches there is no preaching on the subject of siBecause it would give christians a sin conscience.

The pastor who tells their people to leave their Bible home because it might offend others, Is not of God.

The " Falling away " has already begun,And it is going to get even worse.

art.

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had several people tell me that Jesus cannot come back until there is a falling away in the Church. But, I wonder if we are already in a falling away. A study in England shows a huge drop in Church attendance and so do many Churches in America. This is not even counting the people who have left Bible preaching Churches and gone to cotton candy-sugar coated preaching. I was watching Pastor Johnston the other day on the net. http://www.ffc.org/ He was talking about Seminars that are taking place to teach Pastors how to make their Church into Mega-Churches. Some of the ways they are teaching is to discourage the Church People from bringing Bibles to Church, because it may offend visitors. They are told to stop preaching about sin and hell because it may offend the people in the Church.

Another thing that I thought about when I could not sleep last night was this. There are many people who think that the Church should stay out of politics but they are forgetting that it was the courts that turned sin into a political manner. When the Judges said abortion was legal they turned murder into a political issue. Now the homosexuals are trying to turn the sin of homosexuality into a political agenda.

I watched a study by Pastor Johnston on Isaiah yesterday online. He talked about the sins that Israel was committing when God took them out of their country into Exile. They were: materialism, drunkenness , greed, and paganism. This sounds like America today. If you do a study on Scientology you will see that it has roots from paganism.
Pastor Johnston believes that God is going to get American’s attention soon, the hard way. I believe we as Christians need to stay prayed up and be looking for the soon return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I hope my thoughts are an encouragement to you, in your walk with Jesus.
God bless each of you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement