Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » A Vision and A Word

Author Topic: A Vision and A Word
JohnL
Advanced Member
Member # 462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds similar to what Jesus said to the church of Philadelphia in Rev 3:6-12.

quote:
Let those who have ears, hear the word of the Lord:

I am the Lord, your God. I require honesty, sincerity, and faithfulness from my people. The hour is late and time is short. No longer can you afford to ignore my words or be complacent toward my desires. Those who come to me in this manner I will gather to myself and will protect them.

This sounds similar to what Jesus said to the church of Laodicea in Rev 3:14-21.

quote:
This also says the Lord: I love you and I am with you. I see your actions and hear your words but your hearts are far from me. I call to you but you have not heard me. I shower you with grace and compassion but you have turned from me. I am the Lord your God, the very one whose blood was shed for you. Return to me with honesty and sincerity. Be faithful to me and obey my commands. I love you and I desire your faithfulness. Be true to me because I have not abandoned you. Time is short and the hour is late. Very soon I will come to gather my people to myself. Stand in my truth and be counted among my faithful ones. Who among my people will return to me and be faithful to me? Stand, and be counted.
John
Posts: 119 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jer2_5
First Post
Member # 6016

Icon 16 posted      Profile for jer2_5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herein is a vision and word given me by the Lord:

I felt as though a hand was on me, and I heard a voice say, “Wait.” So I remained as I was. An angel appeared beside me and placed a great shawl over me and covered me as with a blanket. Then there appeared before me 4 great barrels and each was being filled with something different. I looked in the barrels and one contained sand, one hail, one water, and the fourth was a sludge. When the barrels were full, there appeared 4 angels, and each placed his hands on a barrel. Then the voice said, “Go.” and the angels picked up the barrels and went to the 4 corners of the earth and waited. I looked on the earth and saw a great war covering the whole earth, with many large guns and large weapons being fired so furiously that the darkness was lit up with the explosions. Then the voice commanded the angels, “Pour out your barrels.” And the 4 angels poured out their barrels over the earth. As the sand, hail, water, and sludge covered the earth, this is what I saw: Wherever the sand touched great sandstorms arose and suffocated the people. Wherever the hail touched great quakes shook the earth apart and it swallowed up cities. Wherever the water touched great waves came forth from the seas and laid waste to everything in their path. Wherever the sludge touched pestilence and disease tormented and killed many. When it was done and the last drops had fallen to the earth from the barrels, all became still. The angel who had covered me removed the shawl. The Lord said to me, “My wrath is poured out over all the earth and I will consume many who have cursed me and transgressed my name and removed my people from me. But I will cover my faithful ones as I have covered you and so will protect them. Go and tell the people. Make known what I have shown you.”

Let those who have ears, hear the word of the Lord:

I am the Lord, your God. I require honesty, sincerity, and faithfulness from my people. The hour is late and time is short. No longer can you afford to ignore my words or be complacent toward my desires. Those who come to me in this manner I will gather to myself and will protect them. But those who refuse me I will cause great catastrophes to fall on them and will turn my face away from them. Return to me and be faithful unto me. The hour is late. Those who have ears, let them hear the word of the Lord.

This also says the Lord: I love you and I am with you. I see your actions and hear your words but your hearts are far from me. I call to you but you have not heard me. I shower you with grace and compassion but you have turned from me. I am the Lord your God, the very one whose blood was shed for you. Return to me with honesty and sincerity. Be faithful to me and obey my commands. I love you and I desire your faithfulness. Be true to me because I have not abandoned you. Time is short and the hour is late. Very soon I will come to gather my people to myself. Stand in my truth and be counted among my faithful ones. Who among my people will return to me and be faithful to me? Stand, and be counted.

This vision and word have been confirmed to me in Scripture. I urge you to take it seriously. I urge you to examine your walk with Christ and determine your faithfulness to Him.

Posts: 1 | From: GA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement