Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Looking for Christian partners to help!

Author Topic: Looking for Christian partners to help!
winniethepooh
Community Member
Member # 6131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winniethepooh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think many here make good points on this subject. I think how many potential parents are unable to concieve children of their own. If you don't want your baby lovingly give it to someone responsible who will love it. I think that abortion is wrong on so many levels. It's robbing the baby of life, love and the potential for good parents. It's also robbing adoptive parents of the potential love and joy of a child.
Posts: 15 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes the church should be helping in this area, but murdering the babies is not the answer. Period.

The so called "church" Institutional Church is to worried about helping themselves become more prosperous and building bigger building. They are not wanting to let go of that money to help people in poverty.

YES THIS IS WRONG! BUT again killing the babies is not the answer.

When your focus is turned from God to self this is what happens.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone reading what I´m saying? Why are you trying to convince me that abortion is wrong? I´m not even talking about that. Go reread the posts. All I am talking about the irony I see when those who fight so hard to ban abortion, virtually abondon the kids once they are out of the womb and in dire situations and do what they can to cut/eliminate the programs.

"Family Values" extends past a yes/no opinion on abortion. Children growing up in poverty with irresponsible parents and a tendency towards crime is also a "Family Values" issue. Yet the issue (kids born into poverty) is more difficult to deal with and much more complex, which makes it easy to forget about that part of the situation and simply focus on abortion.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Passenger

I found myself in anger, I cried out in despair

I prayed, “Lord let them hear me! Let just one person care!”

I raised my voice to heaven as the train kept moving on

As we passed behind the church yard I could hear the worship songs.

I cried out all the louder to the Christians there inside but they raised the chorus louder not hearing me outside.

I knew they heard the whistle and the clacking of the tracks

They knew that I was going to die and still they turned their backs.

I said, “Father in heaven how can your people be so very hard of hearing to the cry of one like me?”

I shouted, “Please have mercy! Just a prayer before I die!”

But they sang a little louder to the Holy One on high.

They raised their hands to heaven but blood was dripping down.

The blood of all the innocent their voices tried to drown.

They have devotions daily, they function in My name

And they never even realized it was I upon that train.

“For as much as you’ve done it to the least of my brethren, you have done it unto Me,” Jesus Christ

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, abortion is wrong. The Lord has said, "You shall not murder," (Exodus 20:13). The life that is growing within the mother is a child, a baby. The Bible looks at the life in the womb as a child.: Exodus 21:22 says, "And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide,"(1) (NASB).

The main concern of the "Pro-Choicers" is not the guarded protection of the life in the womb. Instead, the main concern is the "rights" of the mother over and against the rights of the child growing in her. The child, who cannot exercise its own will, is killed. And, in order to make the killing more palatable, the baby is called a "fetus", or "non-viable", or "not yet human", etc. This eases the conscience. But, for those who say the baby isn't 'viable', have you ever seen a sonogram of an abortion? You can see the 'non-viable fetus' retracting from the instruments of death and seeking self preservation. It wants to live. Some would respond by saying that even a rodent wants to live. But what is in the womb of the mother is human.

The Bible says for people to protect the weak and down trodden. But with abortionists, the rights of the baby are sacrificed to the rights of the mother -- and the father doesn't even have any rights. The mother cries out that the life in here is part of her body and that she has the right to do with her body as she wills.

True love does not seeks its own, but is other centered. It gives. "For God so loved the world he GAVE his only begotten son..." (John 3:16). Abortion is the ultimate in selfishness. It puts the mother's convenience and desires above the life of her own baby. To kill the baby in the womb means to consider oneself more important than anyone else.

Even in nature, as far as I understand, animals don't kill what is in their own wombs. People are the only ones who kill their young while still unborn. In this society of "self esteem," "personal accomplishments," and "empowerment," true love is losing out and death is winning.

However, there is hope in Jesus. If you've had an abortion, you can be forgiven by the Lord. All you need to do is confess it to the Lord Jesus and ask Him to forgive you. That is what I did years ago when the girl I lived with became pregnant and had an abortion. I was guilty. As a man, the inner turmoil and guilt I felt was horrible. I can't imagine what it would be life for a woman. Nevertheless, the Lord has graciously forgiven me and her. I say this only in the hopes that others would come to find the sweet forgiveness found in Jesus.

Nevertheless, the unbeliever is not convicted by the words of God. So, I've presented what I consider a logical argument against abortion.

Read on..... Click Here

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does your "Christian Compassion" only apply to kids until they are born?
No, it also applies to the "un-born" that you would rather see killed.
It also applies to backwards thinking adults that just don't get it. [cool_shades]

Psalm 139:14-16
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trafield:

Regardless there are programs already in place for children that are not taken care of. Is it perfect? Of course not, but at least they are being fed and have a chance at life.
Can you say the same for the aborted? No you cannot, for they have already been murdered.

I do still see it as ironic. The reason there are still programs to help has little to do with the "family values" crowd. Its the evil dirty liberals who keep these programs alive.

IRONY -Poignantly contrary to what was expected or intended

First, the Family Values Crowd fights to stop abortion to save lives. Once these lives are out of the womb, the Family Values Crowd tries to cut and eliminate programs to help these kids meet basic levels of needs and equal opportunity because its the parent´s responsibility! But the kids have no responsible parents to speak of.

Does your "Christian Compassion" only apply to kids until they are born?

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is utterly repugnant to see the liberals in ANY WAY shape or form attempt to justify the hoorendous murder of innocent babies at the alter of convenience.

We have Tiller the Killer right here in Kansas and his specialty is late term abortions.

Here is another website that tells it like it is, that I found several years ago. Don't let thge liberal propaganda lead you into deception.

http://www.abortiontv.com/

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That´s what I find ironic. In general, the people against abortion, are also generally against supporting kids who have no responsible parents. Talk about "Family Values."
It is not ironic at all. A dead baby is not better than a living baby with irresponsible parents. At least the living baby still has the chance, especially here in America, to grow up and responsibly take care of him/herself even if the parent did not.
Regardless there are programs already in place for children that are not taken care of. Is it perfect? Of course not, but at least they are being fed and have a chance at life.
Can you say the same for the aborted? No you cannot, for they have already been murdered.

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

quote:
Originally posted by trafield:
Freddy,
The ones that are demanding these social programs and government hand-outs are usually the ones who approve of "the right" to kill babies when they are inconvienced by their creation. The people against abortion are the ones who want to responsibly take care of their children and work hard for a living...so good luck with that prayer.

That´s what I find ironic. In general, the people against abortion, are also generally against supporting kids who have no responsible parents. Talk about "Family Values." [Roll Eyes]
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

quote:
I pray and await for the day when those who are so passionately against abortion, will rise up and also demand fully funded schools, health care, and economic assistance for all those children born into poverty with the same level of passion.
Freddy,
The ones that are demanding these social programs and government hand-outs are usually the ones who approve of "the right" to kill babies when they are inconvienced by their creation. The people against abortion are the ones who want to responsibly take care of their children and work hard for a living...so good luck with that prayer.

I want to pray for lives to be saved first and then can trust God to work out the details later. We are told if we as a nation repent, and humble ourselves and pray, and seek God, He would bless and heal our land.

Certainly, killing innocent babies is not and should never be the answer to any "financial strain" their existence would have on our economy. [mad2]

freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

I pray and await for the day when those who are so passionately against abortion, will rise up and also demand fully funded schools, health care, and economic assistance for all those children born into poverty with the same level of passion.
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Wow very good website!!!!

http://www.abort73.com

If you can't see abortion is murder then you need to watch this video.

http://www.abort73.com/HTML/I-case.html

It is very graphic, but this is what is happening in the USA right now everyday.

Father please help us to put an end to this, and forgive us.

[Confused]

[mad2] Righteous anger!

http://www.faithmouse.com/cartoon222blog.jpg

djtrin
First Post
Member # 5962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djtrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am raising money for a Christian Nonprofit called http://www.abort73.com (some of the content is graphic but you are warned of this beforehand). Abort73 should be any Pro-Lifer's first tool to help people understand what abortion is all about. Go to the abort73 website and let me know what you think. If you would like to find out how you can get involved in raising money for this cause then go to http://www.saltandlightpartners.com for more information. God bless all! Thanks for consideration.

Also, If you know of any christian nonprofits that could use some financial assistance from a reputable source contact me @ dajotrmi@yahoo.com or send the nonprofit to http://www.saltandlightassociates.com Thanks!!!

P.s. There will be a variety of other christian nonprofits very soon that you may be able to help also...i will keep you posted.

Posts: 1 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement