Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » I was reading a magazine "AN ISLAMIC EUROPE"

Author Topic: I was reading a magazine "AN ISLAMIC EUROPE"
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NLP:

I haven't heard much said regarding British and their stand on Israel at the present moment. I watch the news alot (mainly Fox News), but maybe I just missed it.?

I'm not too surprised - on my many trips to the US I've found the reporting of international affairs on US news channels to be sadly insular and Fox is one of the biggest culprits. I don't think that the American public are well served by their TV news outlets.

I suppose the fact that you have such a large country means there is a lot going on and there is a lot to cover in the 30 minute slots. Not sure if you can get it, but BBC News (cable channel BBC World I think) is excellent for international affairs.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info on the "flag" Andy, because I would've thought that had I seen it flying on any flagpole.

I haven't heard much said regarding British and their stand on Israel at the present moment. I watch the news alot (mainly Fox News), but maybe I just missed it.?

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
United States is the last partner/ friend of Isreal the rest of the world have turned their backs on her. Is the eagle destine to fall?

Rubbish. The UK was and still is a staunch supporter of Israel and is currently standing with the US in dealing with the UN resolutions at the moment. The Government here is getting no small amount of flak in the press at the moment for this.

Also, reading some of the stuff written recently, you would think that Europe has become some kind of Islamic theocracy on a par with Iran. This is not the case. We can start a thread on this topic if people are interested as I actually live in Europe and follow politics closely I can give a good account of what is happening.

As an aside, interestingly the rainbow flag has been the symbol for the Inca (and in some parts Aymara) people for 800 years and is widely flown in Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador (and a few isolated places in Norte Chile). Being a generally Catholic people, they are none too happy about the appropriation of their flag by the gay community! Don't get confused if you ever visit, espeically Cusco in Peru (the city closest to Machu Pichu) where it flies on virtually every flagpole.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rainbow flag is suppose to mean a melting down of standards. The rainbow in the sky during Noahs day, was a covenant not to flood the world again. When one flies the rainbow flag of today it takes on a new meaning that we should be willing to accept any human at anytime without standard or judgement.

I almost walked down that road of gay and others but God's word is specific in regards of that. I rather live my life for Jesus, than live my life with no standard.

Isn't it ironic that a rainbow has changed its meaning like the word gay and fag. The word gay meant happy, joyful and a fag was a cigarette. Strange isn't.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...It's a grocery store chain, that would have never crossed my mind. I've heard about JC Penny being a Christian from my old Pastor who used to work there ages ago.

Wow, this thought just popped into my head....

Our "democratic new mayor" was the first mayor to ever put the "gay flag" up in front of our courthouse. People where there cheering him on etc. Anyway that was on 6-2-06, the "gay flag" is actually the rainbow flag (in case you didn't know)well we know that the rainbow was God's promise to Noah to never destory the earth by flood again. Why homosexuals feel the need to use this particular flag and call it "theirs" is beyond me.

26 days later on 6-28-06 our city was flooded...The worst flood EVER in our history!(We are pretty much in the middle of the state, so us getting flooded is by rivers alone "which is extremely rare; if at all; around here")
Anyway, it destroyed alot of homes, cars, even a hospital had to be evacuted because it became flooded. Fortunately, we only lost our power for 4 days, our neighbors however we not so fortunate and lost most of their belongings. However, thank God we have tried to pull together as a community and not let what happened with Katrina, happen to us.

But, I'm interested to see what you think about this? Do you think it's just a coincidence, ironic, or could be God's wrath? I was reading your reply and this thought dawned on me.

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H-E-B is giant supermarket system in Texas especially in the East and Central parts of Texas. H-E-B, like JC Penny were founded by Christians and maintained that relationship until their death. lately H-E-B advocated and attended the gay pride celebration advocating this as a normal life style for all to embrace!
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
I often wonder if Christianity matters any more in this country? Even H-E-B, who was founded with Christian Principals have forsaken their foundation.

Sadly, no! I visit lots of other boards (mostly baby boards)and the way Christians are being protrayed is sad. Christians are religious nuts, muslins are ok, just misunderstood, homosexuality is perfectly fine, too much emphasis is put on virginity, this country was NOT found on Christianity, (after all the "holy" Thomas Jefferson wasn't a Christian, so why do we Christians pretend that God matters in America?). This is just the tip of iceberg of things I'm reading daily from other mothers. The scariest part for me is that "these" mothers are in fact mothers; and are raising their children with the idea that God is either non-exsistant or He is whoever "you want Him to be".
We are fast becoming the minority. (sorry you got me ranting [Wink] )
However the most important thing we really must keep in mind is that the further we get from Lord in this country, the better America is becoming, right?!?! [Eek!]

OK, sorry the real reason I wanted to reply was to ask (trying not to sound stupid here), but what is H-E-B? [Embarrassed]

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

I was reading and was amuzed to see that in Europe Islam has taken a strong hold. In fact in Granada, Spain they opened a Mosque that goes back to the time of the Moorish time of the Iberian Pennisula. According to the article, in France today for young people there are more Islamic people compared to Roman Catholic. I believe the scandal of the Roman Catholic church involvement of child rape. child molestation has caused many young people to forsake their catholic/christian roots and take up different religious views. I wonder if in this country if Islam has taken similar roots. United States is the last partner/ friend of Isreal the rest of the world have turned their backs on her. Is the eagle destine to fall?

I often wonder if Christianity matters any more in this country? Even H-E-B, who was founded with Christian Principals have forsaken their foundation.

America is fast approach something of biblical porportion!

Gather together and pray for peace in Jerusalem. I often believe that the church today, should be consider Judiac because it is continuing of God involvement with Jews encompasing the grafted in vine. We are all one in Christ, if put on Christ and his way!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement