Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Clarification and Focus

Author Topic: Clarification and Focus
Beckie529
Community Member
Member # 5641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beckie529     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beckie529:
quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:
Originally posted by TB125:
Let me summarize my effort for clarification and focus by saying this: it is all about JESUS The clear answer to every question is to be found in Jesus. He is the structure, the authority, the message, the primary PERSON, and the final judge for all that we are and do as God's human creatures. As we keep our focus on Him, the priorities and standards for our lives, ministries, and relationships will become clearer. I hope that this helps. Amen

Amen it is all about Jesus Christ. If you know Him you will be right in the center of a God centered gospel.

[thumbsup2]

Sorry, still trying to figure out the mechanics of this thing...

I thought this was good. My pastor sometimes jokes that he's been preaching the same sermon over and over again--it always goes back to Jesus, the cross, and his victory. As long as we all want that in the spotlight we will never go wrong.

--------------------
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 2Cor 3:5

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beckie529
Community Member
Member # 5641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beckie529     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:
Let me summarize my effort for clarification and focus by saying this: it is all about JESUS The clear answer to every question is to be found in Jesus. He is the structure, the authority, the message, the primary PERSON, and the final judge for all that we are and do as God's human creatures. As we keep our focus on Him, the priorities and standards for our lives, ministries, and relationships will become clearer. I hope that this helps. Amen

Amen it is all about Jesus Christ. If you know Him you will be right in the center of a God centered gospel.

[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 2Cor 3:5

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

Beatutiful post Bob! Amen!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bob. I agree.

I'd like to add one thing more. I want to tell the spirit of pride, in the name of Jesus by the authority God has given to me to LEAVE from CBBS never to return and go into the suicidal swine forever.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord woke me up somewhat earlier than necessary this morning with His nudge to make an effort to bring some clarity and focus to many of the topics that are posted on this board.

So many of them, particularly those that are concerned with BIBLE STUDIES, but others as well, seem to be concerned with the same questions and issues that are addressed over and over again from different points of view.

These seem to be the questions:
What does the true Church look like?
Who are its annointed preachers/teachers?
What is its basic and correct message?
How should its participants worship God?
What does God expect and require from it and from those who would share in its blessings?

These seem to be the reoccuring questions, although there may be a few more. These will probably do for this initial effort for clarification and focus.

I would suggest that we recognize that the "true Church" in the world is "the body of Christ" without any denomination labels or man-made titles or attributes attached to it.

I would suggest that its approved preachers/teachers are those who have been "annointed" by the Holy Spirit and who are consistently bringing forth the "fruit" of His (the Spirit's) blessing in their lives and ministries.

I would suggest that their "basic and correct" messages and teachings are always the good news (the gospel) of God's revelation of His love and His constant work to redeem sinners and "heal" His creation.

I would suggest that participants in the "true Church", the "body of Christ", should best worship in attitudes of humility and surrender with songs and words that convey their thanksgiving and praise to God for His love and grace, many blessings, and great patience with us.

I would suggest that what God basically expects and requires from those who would be included in His Church, the "body" of His Son, is "faith" (that is trust) in Him and in His Son, Jesus. This faith is to be expressed in one's repentence from sin, a personal declaration that Jesus is Lord, and a persistent effort to serve God in the effective stewardship of those resources that He has given to His "children".

I haven't cited Scriptures for these suggestions. Most of the participants in this board know a lot of scriptures, and I think that is part of our problem. When we try to answer these questions with scriptures we get distracted by human interpretations (ours and those of others), translations and paraphrases, and how each citation fits with all of the other possible citations.

I'm very glad that Jesus did not tell his disciples that He was going to leave them a book of instructions and a manual that they should follow in their ministries, because then He would have also had to leave them a dictionary to define every word in it.

He told them that He would send them the Spirit, the Holy Spirit who would be with them as their guide, teacher, and enabling agent (power) and authority for their lives of personal faith and service. Many of our problems and concerns have to do with our difficulties in recognizing the "fruits", the authority and presence, of God's Holy Spirit in His Church, its preacher/teachers, and its members. We are too eager to attach our labels and spiritual signs to the work of God's Spirit, and in doing so we distort His appearance so that He is hard to recognize.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement