Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » SATAN Claus

Author Topic: SATAN Claus
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We really should Examine this whole Santa thing in the Light of the Truth. Here's an excellent article and I PRAY You'll Read It! Especially if you Love the Truth [Cross]

http://www.av1611.org/othpubls/santa.html

After you read this article, here are two questions.... Is This something we should be Teaching and Encouraging in our Children? If something is a Lie, then does calling it a Myth make it less of a Lie and more of an acceptable/harmless thing? What does our Heavenly Father think of this? That should be the All Important Question!

Brethern, We strive to discern the false movements worming their way into the churches these days. Let us also Strive to clean out the Leaven from our own homes for the Lords Sake. Let us sweep clean this Anti-Christ Teaching from our homes and our Childrens hearts for the Lord God’s Sake and Glory!

Here is just a small excerpt from that article:

quote:
and thou shalt call his name. . . (Matthew 1:21)
Santa.

You ever noticed how easy it is to transform "Satan" from "Santa"? Just move the "n" to the end. And presto! "Satan" appears. . . Hmmm….

An internet Google search on "Satan Claus" [not Santa Claus – but SATAN Claus] found over 1,700 hits! Obviously, there are many that tie the two together.

The rearranging of letters (called anagrams) to hide secret names or words has long been practiced in the occult. The Jewish Encyclopedia writes of the Jewish occult book called the Cabala:

The golden age for anagrams began with the Cabala. The Platonists had strange notions as to the influence of anagrammatic virtues, particularly of anagrams evolved from names of persons. It is not surprising, therefore, that the cabalists, like all the Neoplatonists, pretended to discover occult qualities in proper names and in their anagrams.
(www.jewishencyclopedia.com)

One of the most well known anagram in the occult world is the name of Sanat Kumara. Sanat is better known as Satan. Constance Cumbey, writes in her best-selling, new-age expose, The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow, ". . . they [New Agers] freely call Sanat Kumara (Satan) 'God'. And their doctrinal reference books by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky and Alice Ann Bailey freely cross-reference Sanat Kumara with Venus. In occult writings, Lucifer and Venus are one and the same." (Constance Cumbey, The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow, p. 138)

Texe Marrs writes of 'Sanat' in Dark Secrets of the New Age:

. . . the New Age offers a being called Sanat Kumara. 'Sanat' is obviously a thinly veiled reference to Satan; nevertheless, New Age teachers evidently believe that the new spelling will alleviate the concerns of those not yet ready to confess Satan as their Lord and Messiah.
(Texe Marrs, Dark Secrets of the New Age, pp. 79-80)

Interesting. . . Where does that put Lord S-A-N-T-A?

H.P. Blavatsky, the Satanist and new age teacher writes in The Secret Doctrine:

many a mysterious sacred name. . . conveys to the profane ear no more than some ordinary, and often vulgar [common] word, because it is concealed anagrammatically or otherwise.
(H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol II, p. 78)

Like S-A-N-T-A?

Blavatsky also writes, the name is not important – but the letters.

"The name isn't important. It is the letters."
(H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol II, p. 350)

Blavatasky’s anagrams were used to disguise who her true god was. Blavatasky openly taught Satan is mankind’s true redeemer, creator and Saviour.

And now it stands proven that Satan, or the Red Fiery Dragon, the ‘Lord of Phosphorus’ and Lucifer, or ‘Light Bearer’, is in us; it is our Mind — our tempter and Redeemer, our intelligent liberator and Saviour. . .
(HP Blavatasky, The Secret Doctrine p. 513)

Satan, the Serpent of Genesis is the real creator and benefactor, the Father of Spiritual mankind. For it is he . . . who opened the eyes of the automaton (Adam) created by Jehovah. . . he still remains in Esoteric Truth the ever loving messenger . . .
(H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol 3, p. 243)

Gail Riplinger writes in her excellent book, New Age Versions on the use of anagrams in the occult world:

Lucifer's True Identity as Satan is Revealed as the Anagram, a Transposition of Letters, To Obscure It. "Blinds," as esoterics call them, include scrambling the letters of a name to hide the true meaning of a word from the uninitiated.
(Gail Riplinger, New Age Versions, p. 52)

It is interesting Mrs. Riplinger also raises a red flag about the anagram Santa:

Gods of the New Age include Sanatan and Sanatsiyata, . . . New Agers say each name is 'concealed anagrammatically' 'and are aliases,' and are 'an anagram used for Occult purposes. Is Santa, the great usurper of Christ's attention at Christmas, an anagram? "Ole Nick" is listed among the fallen angels or devils in the Dictionary of Fallen Angels. Scholars concur that Christ was born in the fall on the 4th day of the feast of tabernacles. December 25 is actually "the feast in honor of the birth of the son of the Babylonian queen of heaven, later called Saturnaha by the heathen Romans.
(Gail Riplinger, New Age Versions, p. 52)

It is also worth noting, Santa is Spanish for holy. Santa is also from the Latin word sanctus which means also saintly, holy. Our English words "saint, sanctify, et al" comes from santa. Sounds like Satan’s "I will be like the most High" plan is in action.

Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.
Psalm 99:3

God’s name is called "holy" over 40 times in the King James Bible.

"Holy Claus". . .?

The name Santa Claus is also derived from the Dutch Sinter Klaas, which also was a form of Saint Nicholas.

Picture

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be careful and be ready in season and out of season. There is nothing wrong in been careful after all that is very problem the people of Israel were facing when coming out the land of Egypt and us today. Been entangle in to those things that looked harmless but yet they where a thorn unto them like Beel-peor.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man some of ya ll are really reaching. I ve never heard anyone say Santa was a god, try to say he was or god, and I never considered him a god.

Anyways, hope you had a Merrrrrrrryyyyyyy Christmas.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2jules
Community Member
Member # 5366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2jules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wwll all I can say to that is HO HO HO and Merry Christmas....This satan and santa thing is so absurd.

--------------------
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Posts: 11 | From: Delaware | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INTRODUCTION by Tennessee Elijah: I have been telling people for years that "Santa" is just another word for "Satan" at CHRISTmas time. This unwelcome information has angered many and turned them against me! Last year in Tennessee, I sent a fax with this information to hundreds of churches. One result that I became aware of, the Assembly of God pastor at Cornerstone Church in Nashville, Maury Davis, made reference to me on his television show as "the person running around town" ruining the good name of "Santa." He defended Jolly Old Nick by giving the conventional history of this legend. Well, finally, thank God, I found a friend on the Internet who responded to my "Satan Claus" information with a message that gives us a closer look at the subject -- and how it actually relates to the Bible. It might be a good idea for Christians to get serious about what is being said here -- and then share what is learned with others who have been deceived for much too long! (I hope "dragonslayer" will be pleased when Christians start emailing this message).

COPIED from a BELLSOUTH message board:

SATAN Claus by dragonslayer -- probably based on Elijah's original message

Let's look at the evidence according to scriptural and dictionary definitions.

*******Merry CHRISTmas*******

Santa Claus comes from the Dutch "Sinterklass" (St. Nicholas). A historical figure, he served as bishop of Myra in Asia Minor in the A.D. 300's and was famous for his generosity. As so often happens, the goodness of a man became an excuse to create a legend which usurps and rivals God Himself. The attributes of God have been ascribed to Santa!

First, let's examine some dictionary definitions...

Santa Claus fulfills the dictionary definition of a god.

Like many of us, when I was a child, I was told that Santa Claus was "All Powerful" (He makes millions of toys and delivers them in one night). He defies the laws of nature by flying and jumping down narrow chimneys. With Santa all things are possible. He is by definition, Omnipotent. "...having unlimited power or authority; all powerful-the Omnipotent God." (Webster's New World Dictionary)

I was told that Good Ol' Saint Nick knows all things (At least he knows when every boy and girl is bad or good or how they behave throughout the year). He is by definition, Omniscient. "having infinite knowledge; knowing all things-the Omniscient God." (Webster's New World Dictionary)

In addition, I was reminded every year that Santa was "present in all places at the same time" or by definition, Omnipresent. (At least this was the explanation offered by my parents when we saw Santa at dozens of shopping centers either personally or on television during X-MAS season.

Note: All of these terms (per dictionary definition) are in relation to the attributes of a deity or God.

Don't we innocently apply these attributes to Santa Claus? ( Remember that Santa knows all things, can be at every house in one night and defies the laws of nature in the process)!

Of course we do!

These are the words of Lucifer before he became Satan "...I will be like the most high" (Is. 14:12-14). It has always been Satan's desire to covet the worship and honour which is God's alone. This deepest need of Satan's comes across most clearly in his temptation of Jesus in the desert, recorded in Matthew Chapter 4.

It is no mere accident that the final "carrot" Satan dangled before the Lord Jesus came with the condition that Jesus bow down and worship him (Matthew 4:9).

Jesus fitting rebuke was that only God is worthy of our worship (Matthew 4:10). Having been foiled, Satan obviously has had to resort to other means of stealing the glory due to God alone. Take a closer look at Santa Claus, and decide for yourself if he be Saint, Sinner or Something More.

Question: Doesn't it make sense that Lucifer or Satan would try to hide behind a character (Santa Claus) who is readily given the Godly characteristics of Omnipotence, Omniscience and Omnipresence, by millions of parents and children worldwide?

LETS SEE...

Remember that Satan is crafty and disguises himself as an angel of light
"...for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light" (2 Cor 11:14)

In other words, Lucifer will often hide behind things that appear very good, noble and seemingly innocent. This angel of light, the bringer of good cheer, has a striking parallel in Scripture,

"Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."(NIV) "Masquerade" is indeed an appropriate word, for what else is Santa if not a large scale masquerade? And how else does he masquerade, but as an "angel of light", a typecast "good guy"?

At the very least, can't it be said that this Santa Claus is some sort of a Strange God? I mean he has been assigned all the attributes of a God. Remember, "All Powerful" (makes and delivers billions of toys in one night). In addition, he "knows all things" (whether you have been bad or good).

Now... What does the Bible say about "Strange Gods" ?

"...Put away the strange gods that are among you..." (Genesis 35:2)

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:3)

"...then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you..." (1Samuel 7:3)

Maybe true Christians should remove "Satan Claus" from their CHRISTmas celebrations?

How does Satan or Lucifer actually imitate our LORD Jesus Christ (via Santa Claus) according to scripture?

Read On. (You may be a little surprised)

Santa lives at the North Pole. Right?
Notice where our God is located.

(Psalm 48) "Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised...the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of our great King."

(Ezekiel 8:14) "Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north..."

According to these passages, can you deny that the LORD's house is toward the north? Remember, Santa's house is there also!

Now Then...

Aren't children either asked or told by Santa to obey their parents?

Notice that the bible tells children to obey in the Lord, not for Santa's sake.

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord..." (Eph. 6:1)

"Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord." (Col. 3:20).

Yet we have told our children that it is well pleasing to Santa Claus if they obey him. Notice that scripture says it is well pleasing to the "LORD" not Santa! Parents have unwittingly replaced the biblical Lord with unholy Santa.

Santa calls all children to his knee.

Jesus rebuked his disciples in (Lk. 18:16) and said, "But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not..." Santa imitates Jesus in this fashion.

What color hair does Santa have? Answer: White.

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit...and the hair of his head like the pure wool..." (Daniel 7:9) This verse speaks of the "Ancient of days" and his hair like pure wool. God the Father is called the Ancient of days (Daniel 7:13, 22) and is described as having "white hair" (pure wool).

See (Rev. 1:14) "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow..." (This verse speaks of the Son of man). Remember that Santa Claus has a "white hair" also.

My point is this: God the Father is described (symbolically) as having white hair (white like pure wool) and Santa just so happens to have white hair also... Coincidence?

Santa gives gifts at X-MAS time.

Every good and perfect gift comes from Santa? (He imitates God the Father here also).

Notice that the Lord Jesus Christ is the giver of good gifts

(James 1:17) "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of light..." Jesus gives gifts to us not Santa Claus!

Santa Claus sees whether you have been bad or good. Notice that this is what our God does for us (1 Peter 1:17) "And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear"

God the Father, "judgeth according to every man's work..." (not Santa)! (Proverbs 15:3) "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." (Yet many tell their children that Santa Claus knows whether you have been good or bad-as the song goes).

Santa sits on a throne at the Mall

Our Lord sits on a throne in heaven (Psalms 11:4): "The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold..."

(Mt. 5:34) "But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne"

NOTE: Elijah says, May God send a very special blessing to "dragonslayer" for the talent, time, energy, and skill that was spent to provide our wicked world with this inspirational insight!

--------------------
DO A WEB SEARCH TO FIND JIGROP

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement