Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Open letter to David

Author Topic: Open letter to David
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Betty my dear Sister in Christ;

I am saddened by your decision to leave the Christian BBS, but I understand the stress and anxiety which you have been under every Christmas and Easter, with those of us who are walking in a different path. Couple this with the questioning and dispariaging of your personal faith by those who declare WOF and because you are in ill health they declare your faith to be less thean it should, you have been under much mental anguish, and have felt wounded.

We have stood steadfast together with shields interlocked on so many occaisons, united in Christ. God bless you faith Sis, and your heart for our Lord Jesus Christ.

May our Father surround you with His love, draw you near, hold you close, and minister a miracle of His healing to the wounds which you feel so deeply, and fill your heart with his joy unspeakable and filled with Glory, and may His peace which passes all human understanding just flood through your very soul. May our Father bless each of your dear-ones this day and all through the days ahead, and lead you each upon the pathways of His perfect will and eternal love for His precious children. In Jesus' name.

You have been a dear Sister in Christ to this old cranky greybeard for a long time, and will remain such in my heart and in my most fervent prayers on a daily basis.

May our God be with you and yours, my dear Sister in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate to your desire for peace -- away from anonymous people who steal joy out of your heart. Whatever your age or physical health, God will be there to see you through the battles -- "on message boards" -- or the problems that you will be fighting in other places. As one person who has not been here long enough to know what all you are experiencing, my reaction to your "open letter" is disappointment. Please come back later -- after you celebrate CHRISTmas with the rest of us who love Jesus!

--------------------
DO A WEB SEARCH TO FIND JIGROP

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well... all i can say is that i cried when i read this.

I love you Mrs. Betty.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI my reply to Betty in case someone wants to know:

Sorry to hear your leaving. I also celebrate Christmas. I really don't let it bother me if others have a difference of opinion on things that don't affect ones salvation.

I know I will miss your posts.

God bless,
David Campbell

Merry Christmas

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty is a very fine christian lady, she has so very much integrity, and she wrote the whole complete truth in her open letter to David! I know Betty and she is very truthful! Au Revoir.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I would sure like to see the post where someone questioned her salvation because I want to yell at who ever did.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty wrote only the whole complete truth in her letter to David.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chalk one up for the devil. He has certainly one a battle in this decision. I think that we all ought to be able to stand our ground over what we believe without offense and without walking in the flesh and if we cant we really ought examine why that is. That is not to say that we all do not struggle with our flesh (which is what offence is) from time to time; I think that we all do; but to surrender to it is quite another matter.

I find it very sad that you would tell David that people questioned your salvation over this matter. I do not believe that is the truth.

Still, I am deeply grieved to see you go Betty. I think that we will have all lost something because you go. I pray that you will change your mind and stay.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to believe that we wont see you on CBBS anymore, Betty.

I was really touched that you sent me a pm which shows that, in spite of past differences, we can end on a mutually friendly note. [Smile]

Maybe as you get stronger, we will see you back posting again some day!!

Luv ya and God Bless,
[hug]
HisGrace

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am asking David to cancel my membership here.
Because I have been here so long, I felt I owe you an explanation.
Here is my letter to David:
David,

First of all I want to tell you how much I appreciate you allowing me to be a part of the Christian BBS for the last three years. It has been a blessing to me in many ways.
The biggest blessing was learning the truth about OCD from Pastor Jim. I have prayed since 1989 for an answer to what was going on in my head. Although there are some at the BBS that consider OCD an excuse to sin, in reality it is a freedom not to sin. I can not tell you how many prayers were stopped or how many preachers I did not hear half of what they said because I was over come by OCD. But the knowledge has given me the freedom to fight back against the devil when he seeks to over come me. I am forever grateful to Pastor Jim for that.

But, sadly the BBS has become a stumbling block in my walk with God. Every year from Oct to after Easter it is a constant battle of those for celebrating Holiday to those against. Last year I just avoided the BBS as much as possible but then I felt guilty for leaving those alone to fight who do celebrate Holidays. This year I stayed to fight but then I got down and dirty fighting those against Christmas, so I spent many nights praying to God for forgiveness for my temper. After discussing this with my family, we have all come to the conclusion that this is not a safe place for me to be any more. I wish I could just walk away but the truth is I am obsessive compulsive and I cannot. So, I am asking as a kindness to me, if you will delete my account. Truth is I don’t have the physical or emotional health to fight those who question my salvation because I celebrate Christmas or the others who question my faith because I am disabled.

Again, I thank you for being a blessing to me and may God bless and keep you and your family.
betty
---------------

I wish each and everyone here a blessed and happy life. But for now I have to walk away for my own emotional health.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement