Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » You are in the hands of God

Author Topic: You are in the hands of God
chaoschristian
Advanced Member
Member # 5273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaoschristian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tennessee Elijah wrote:
quote:
Chaoschristian, any subjective analysis of your interpretation of my posts would not confirm your suppositions.
Actually, I think what you intended to say is that an objective analysis would not confirm my suppositions. Any subjective analysis would be biased either for you and against me, or for me and against you.

However, I did not engage in supposition:

quote:
supposition

n 1: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence [syn: guess, conjecture, surmise, surmisal, speculation, hypothesis] 2: a hypothesis that is taken for granted; "any society is built upon certain assumptions" [syn: assumption, supposal] 3: the cognitive process of supposing [syn: supposal]

Definition of Supposition

I have more than enough evidence in your original post to say that you engaged in demagoguery. I also have supporting evidence in your complete refusal to address the issue and instead launch into a series of personal attacks on me, all of which taken together can be viewed as a concession on your part.

quote:
It would be pointless for me to engage in argumentative dialogue with you -- or anyone else -- who seems to have an "agenda" which is not relevant to the issues we are discussing.
Please clearly articulate what other agenda I might have other than to address the main issue in the original thread? Again you side-step the issue in favor of misdirection.

quote:
Think what you will. Accuse as you desire.
You leave me no choice through your refusal to directly address the main topic. Throughout this entire dialogue you have yet to once address the issue head on. Instead you attacked me on a personal level or attempted to misdirect the exchange. I will think differently once you give me something to think differently about. Until then the matter is settled - you are an admitted demagogue.

quote:
I leave you in the hands of God.
Clearly you did not mean this as soon afterward you posted other messages to me in other threads clearly begging a response. Do you know what this tells me? It tells me that not only are you unwilling to be truthful with me, you are also unwilling to be truthful with yourself.

--------------------
Why are you reading my bio when you should be paying attention to the post?

Posts: 109 | From: Snack Food Capital of the World (Hanover, PA for those of you who don't know) | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chaoschristian, any subjective analysis of your interpretation of my posts would not confirm your suppositions. It would be pointless for me to engage in argumentative dialogue with you -- or anyone else -- who seems to have an "agenda" which is not relevant to the issues we are discussing. Think what you will. Accuse as you desire. I leave you in the hands of God.

--------------------
DO A WEB SEARCH TO FIND JIGROP

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement