Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » biblical understanding of baptism

Author Topic: biblical understanding of baptism
DF5152
Community Member
Member # 5239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DF5152     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was originally brought up catholic and as such my parents had me baptised when i was born. there choice. as a christian you choose to accept Jesus as your lord and savior and in doing so you asked to be Baptised. Baptism is the act of washing away sin with water is also serves to show others that you have accepted the lord as your savior most often the go hand in hand. you accept Jesus then get baptised baptised to wash away your sin hence being born again. As far as receiving the holy spirit I believe everyone has the holy spirit its just some choose not to listen, and he speaks to everyone in a different way.

--------------------
There are three things that will endure faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is Love.

Posts: 7 | From: LI, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashells
Community Member
Member # 5246

Icon 15 posted      Profile for seashells     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard so many theories on baptism of the Holy Spirit. Some believe that you are not baptised until you pray in tongues. Some believe once you accept Christ in your life, you recieve the Holy Spirit. And yet others believe we are all given different gifts, one being speaking in tongues which shows we are baptised. I recently heard a sermon from Dr. James McDonald and what he said made alot of sense. He said once we accept Christ in our lives, we receive the Holy Spirit who was sent to comfort us. We don't need to jump through hoops to recieve the Holy Spirit because he's already with us. What is your opinion??
Posts: 9 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement