Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Living the Christian Life

Author Topic: Living the Christian Life
seashells
Community Member
Member # 5246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seashells     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it very difficult to find people who genuinely care about you. My husband and I have been in a few churches and we are really loyal to our friends. We would bend over and do anything for them. But we find, in churches, the many we have attended, it seems so very shallow. The last church we attended was a good church. The preaching was good. The pastor was a genuine man of God, in my opinion. We decided since the church was so big, we'd join a mini group that also met after church on Sunday. This turned out to be disastrous. We tried several times to connect. I think because we felt that people should treat us the same way we treated them, that is why it failed so bad. We basically went in expecting genuine friendship and ended up getting shallow relationships. It was really hard. They wanted to discuss their cars, houses, and money. Then they would throw in a tidbit about God here and there. When I was struggling with something, they'd give me a pat answer instead of trying to really help me. So now we have been going to a new church near us after much searching around. This church seems a better fit. I know I will never relate to everyone, but I know here I have found some genuine people who care about others and not just themselves. This church too is big and we are getting involved in groups and social events outside of church. This, in my opinion, is the best way to get involved and to find friendships. I'm not exactly "best buds" with anyone there yet, but all good relationships take work and so that is what we are doing. We are working at it.
Posts: 9 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome bryan. You should find a good Bible-believing church. Just sitting and fellowshiping with fellow Christians is a very uplifting experience. Most of them have programmes in which you can meet other believers if that is your wish.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryan
Member # 5205

Icon 16 posted      Profile for bryan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Love Jesus,
No doubt about it. Since I was 11 years old, I have been saved. I have been on a rollercoaster of faith ever since then.
One thing I havent had for years is close Christian friends who can support me, and who I can support.
Not having Christian friends is partly my fault. I should try harder in deciding who my friends are.
I think all people need the support of Christian friends to maintain a constant growth of faith through life.

Posts: 4 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement