Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » new in christ

Author Topic: new in christ
bryan
Member # 5205

Icon 16 posted      Profile for bryan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi new friend in Christ Andrew.
The reading and learning of Jesus is a lifelong process. You will have ups and downs in your Christian life. Remember Satan is always there to make you stumble any chance he gets.
There are so many good study tools out there for Christians.
If you check out books from David Jeremiah and Charles Stanley, your will find they are a huge help.
If you want to keep in touch about Christian growth, you can email me at bpatrick0410@gmail.com
Jesus Loves You,
Bryan

Posts: 4 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Andrew to the Board. Even as a Christian, life can be full of misunderstandings and discouragement, but as you search the scriptures, the Holy Spirit will open them up to you in your loneliness and reveal many comforting words of wisdom and knowledge.

Shop around for a version of the Bible which is easy for a new Christian to understand and stay in the Bible until you receive a hunger for more.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Welcome to the board and to the Family of God Andrew!!!!

I love the book of John, it to be shows so deeply the LOVe of Christ for us and for the Disciples. It contains the prayers that Jesus offered up for HIS disciples before going to the cross and also those He prayed for us that would come through their works.

I love too Roman's which talks about the struggles we have with the mind of our flesh and How Christ has freed us from the power of darkness and how to mind or pay attention to the things of the spirit and rest in Christ - this is essential to the new believer.

It is so hard because the Bible is like a manual to life and the answers to all you ever need to know to live this life can be found there, but The Spirit of God must bring it to our understanding.

I like to study topically so I use a computer Bible a lot because if I want to know about sickness, I can look up ever reference in the ot and new on sickness or any other subject and so I feel that I can gain a more accurate view of a subject than if I just studied in one book. But that is how I began.

Any of the Letters (Epistles) in the NT are great for teaching about the church and living life as a Christian. Paul wrote most of them and Paul wrote them to the church.

I guess, I would begin with John.

Is there something specific that you want to know about from a Bible perspective?

Just know this:

He rewards those who seek; He will answer all you ask in timing that is perfect just for you if you seek HIM with a humble heart and a contrite Spirit. As you read the Bible pray for understanding and God will give it. Pay attention to detail and always keep things in context. Ask who is speaking and to whom and learn to divide the word rightly so that you are not thinking that something that applied to the OT righteous applies to you in the same way. Their faith was demonstrated by following the Law; your faith is demonstrated by following Christ. Christ demonstrated HIS faith by following GOD and doing as GOD taught him to do.

We the church can read the OT and learn from it... all scripture is profitable for doctrine, but all scripture is not written to you.

God is never going to tell you to offer your son on the altar as HE did Abraham, but God will ask you to be willing to surrender all that you hold precious in this life and trust him. Does that make sense?

When I study I always ask, what is the situation, what is the background information when and where did this take place; who are the people involved; who is speaking to whom. That helps me understand the context of what I am studying.

Anyway... there are lots of folks here who are willing to help you study and answer questions. Just know that we all know what we know in part and the Bible is the bottom line. Seek to know what God says about something more than you seek to know what man thinks that God says. The Holy Spirit will lead you in all truth.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andrew85
First Post
Member # 4978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andrew85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi my name is andrew and i just became a serious believer in christ and god and i just wanted to ask if anyone is willing to help me with and bible verses that are the best and that reach out to me and others from trials and tribulations to salvation to the rising of christ and how god loves us so much the reason is i sometimes cant find the goods so to speak please help and thank you all ...andrew

--------------------
you try so hard in this world but in the end it really doesnt matter

Posts: 1 | From: n.y | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement