Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » a true relationship

Author Topic: a true relationship
aaronsrod_22
Member # 5155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aaronsrod_22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have learned the hard way on this matter. I found myself not too long ago opening myself up to a woman. This woman was finding herself doing the same with me. The whole time this was going on we thought that we were doing nothing wrong because we were not getting out of order with each other in any fashion. Except for one thing.

The Bible tells us to walk by faith and not by sight, that means not only with our eyes, but with the way we feel. Our feelings will decieve us if we let them. Peter told Jesus that he was ready to die for Him after Jesus asked three times if he loved him. Not too long after that Peter found himself denying that he even knew Jesus. Peter may have felt like he would have died for the Lord, but soon found out that his feelings decieved him. His relationship with Jesus was not where he thought it was because he reacted on his carnal fealings. What am i getting at? I found out that if my relationship isnt right with the Lord, I cant have a true healthy relationship with anyone else especially a woman no matter how i may feel.

Posts: 3 | From: portland maine | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement