Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Science facts?

Author Topic: Science facts?
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, and the Word does too, cuz it says to be ready to give an answer for the hope that is within you.

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is interesting stuff...
I had posted one time the first twelve things you listed. I find that they are a great witnessing tool for those who think the Bible "a fairy tale."
God does indeed gives us all the answers. I was in a class that touched on the subject- that God has provided all types of plants with medicinal value...(the drug companies shudder at this)
But it is true.
Did you know that B-17 has been proven to cure cancer? (in a pure form) Like from the seed of an apricot.

God said in the Bible- in Gen.
"eat the seeds"
good study...sorry if this is a rabbit trail.
[Smile] I do like this though, we should all delve more in this.
bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this information was very interesting. Wonder if any of you have similar info that we can use when challenged by those following the "god" of science?

1. Science used to teach that the earth was flat. However, the Bible (correctly) states that the earth is a sphere in Isaiah 40:22.

2. Science used to teach that the earth was flat. However, the Bible tells us (correctly) that the earth must rotate in Luke 17:30-36.

3. Science (about 1500 BC) taught that the earth was on the back of a large animal. The Bible (correctly) tells us about about the free float of the earth in space in Job 26:7.

4. Science used to teach that there were only 1, 100 stars. The Bible (correctly) tells us that there are innumerable stars in Jeremiah 33:22.

5. Science used to teach that all the stars were the same. The Bible (correctly) tells us that all stars are different in 1 Corinthians 15:41.

6. Science used to teach that light was fixed in place. Of course, the Bible states (correctly) that light moves in Job 38:19,20.

7. Science used to teach that that air was weightless. The Bible states (correctly) that air has weight in Job 28:25.

8. Science used to teach that the wind blew straight. However, the Bible (correctly) tells us that the wind blows in cyclones in Ecclesiastes 1:6.

9. Science used to teach that sick people must be bled. However the Bible states (correctly) that blood is the source of life and health in Leviticus 17:11.

10. Science used to teach that the ocean floor was flat but the Bible (correctly) says that the ocean floor contains valleys and mountains in 2 Samuel 22:16 and Jonah 2:6.

11. Science used to teach that that the ocean was ‘fed’ only by rivers and rain but the Bible claims (correctly) that the ocean contains underground springs in Job 38:16.

12. Science used to teach that when dealing with disease, you should wash your hands in still water but the Bible tells us (correctly) that you should wash your hands in running water in Leviticus 15:13.

I'd like to add just a couple of personal observations on how "science" changes its mind:

We used to hear that milk was required for adults as well as for children. Now it is said that most adults are lactose intolerant and not only don't need milk, but shouldn't drink it.

We used to hear that 8 glasses of water a day are mandatory for good health, but now I'm hearing that the liquid in other drinks and even, gasp, coffee or tea will suffice.

And not from science but from the interpretation of the Bill of Rights:

Freedom of speech used to mean anyone could make one. Now it means anyone can say anything, at any time, using whatever words they have in their limited or extensive vocabulary and no one has the "right" to say anything about it, no matter how crude, rude, or lewd it gets.

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement