Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Rules from God

Author Topic: Rules from God
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I respect your belief. I though belive that we are now in the state of Grace by Jesus, which allows us to worship on Sunday.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristianInsights
Member # 4812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristianInsights   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I wanted to understand your position -- to see whether your position re no one judging also applies to drinking.

Like you I believe it is OK to drink, too, so long as drunkeness is avoided. However, I don't believe Col.2:16-17 is anti-Sabbath / Holyday observing. As a matter of fact, Paul instructs the Church to keep the Festival ("holyday" KJV margin) as a specific response to Christ, our Passover [I Cor. 5:7-8]. So, naturally, Colos. 2:16-17 cannot be fairly interpreted in the manner most often suggested.

As we know, holydays are annual Sabbaths, whereas the weekly Sabbath is commanded by the 4th commandment, and both were observed by the new covenant church.

--------------------
www.BeyondtheImpasse.com
www.ChristianInsights.com

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is the New Living Word, here is the NKJV
Colossians - Chapter 2:16,17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ

--------------------

Do I think it is sin to drink? No I don't. The Bible says over and over not to be drunk. Why because when you are drunk, you lose control of yourself and allow the devil to gain control. You can be drunk on power, anger, and alcohol.
My point in using this siggy is because someone else here uses a siggy that makes it sound like Saturday is the only proper day for worship. I believe the Bible supports we can worship God every day of the week. Which is great cause I need to pray for help every day.
I hope this is helpful for you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristianInsights
Member # 4812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristianInsights   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new-moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.

I'm really curious about your signature. From which translation is it taken? The wording is very different in mine, and the conclusion almost opposite due to the placement of the word "not" (twice in yours, and once in mine):

Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or sabbaths (NRSV).

Is it okay to drink hard liquor?

--------------------
www.BeyondtheImpasse.com
www.ChristianInsights.com

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was Excellent Sis! Thanks for sharing this!!! When I got to:

quote:
Originally posted by bygrace:
3. Shut Up!!
Say nice things and learn to listen.
God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant
for us to do twice as much listening as talking.
"He who guards his lips guards his soul."
Proverbs 13:3

I just Cracked Up! [pound] I gotta work on this one [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I got that in a email from sister-in-law. Thank you for putting it here for everyone.
God bless you
betty

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!!!!

May you have a glorious, God-ruled day dear Sister.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 10 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to share this, it was sent as a pick- me-up to different people here in town for encouragement prior to the storm arrival.
I thought it could be useful to someone out there too!

Rules from God:

1. Wake Up !!
Decide to have a good day.
"Today is the day the Lord hath made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalms 118:24

2. Dress Up !!
The best way to dress up is to put on a smile.
A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.
Man looks at outward appearance;
but the Lord looks at the heart."
I Samuel 16:7

3. Shut Up!!
Say nice things and learn to listen.
God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant
for us to do twice as much listening as talking.
"He who guards his lips guards his soul."
Proverbs 13:3

4. Stand Up!!...
For what you believe in.
Stand for something or you will fall for anything..
"Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time,
we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good..."
Galatians 6:9-10

5. Look Up !!...
To the Lord.
"I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

6. Reach Up !!...
For something higher.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not unto your own understanding.
In all your ways, acknowledge Him,
and He will direct your path."
Proverbs 3:5-6

7. Lift Up !!...
Your Prayers.
"Do not worry about anything;
instead PRAY ABOUT
EVERYTHING."
Philippians 4:6

God answers Knee-Mail.

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement