Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Joel Osteen's interview with Larry King

Author Topic: Joel Osteen's interview with Larry King
TomInPA
Advanced Member
Member # 4483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TomInPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
Originally posted by TomInPA:
You know...this is a tough subject for me because I was very much into watching Joel Osteen's show every week, but the more I watched, the more I thought something was missing. I don't consider Joel to be purposely misleading people, however, I think he is too weak and politically correct to teach the truth. Sometimes we as Christians need to be pounded in the face about our sinful side and the need to repent. I really haven't seen anything from him about that. After watching him for months in a row now, I consider him to be another Anthony Robbins, except with a "slight" religous side to it. In general, I don't think he is giving people the spiritual food that they are needing.

Thank you for this First Hand Account!

Has anyone ever seen the movie "The Omega Code"? Joel kinda reminds me of the "Popular Motivational Speaker" that the Anti-Christ wanted to make into his False Prophet.

(I'm not endorsing this movie... I think it was just 'religious Sci-Fi' really, but entertaining)

I haven't seen the movie, but I have that on my list to watch. Is that part of the "Left Behind" series?
Posts: 54 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TomInPA:
You know...this is a tough subject for me because I was very much into watching Joel Osteen's show every week, but the more I watched, the more I thought something was missing. I don't consider Joel to be purposely misleading people, however, I think he is too weak and politically correct to teach the truth. Sometimes we as Christians need to be pounded in the face about our sinful side and the need to repent. I really haven't seen anything from him about that. After watching him for months in a row now, I consider him to be another Anthony Robbins, except with a "slight" religous side to it. In general, I don't think he is giving people the spiritual food that they are needing.

Thank you for this First Hand Account!

Has anyone ever seen the movie "The Omega Code"? Joel kinda reminds me of the "Popular Motivational Speaker" that the Anti-Christ wanted to make into his False Prophet.

(I'm not endorsing this movie... I think it was just 'religious Sci-Fi' really, but entertaining)

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His book came accross as new age feel good stuff, also.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomInPA
Advanced Member
Member # 4483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TomInPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 54 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 21 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, the difference between King Saul and King David?

David repented, Saul did not.

Just thinking out loud..... grin

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Itty-Bitty Girl:
Joel distorted God’s truth, so God was wronged, so Joel sinned against God. God should be given an apology, don’t you think?

How do you know he hasn't repented? That's a mighty assumption to think he hasn't. And, by the way, I'm not saying he has or hasn't. How would I know if this man has gone to God in his prayer closet and repented?

quote:
All those atheists, Buddhists, and Muslims etc. were wronged, so Joel sinned against them. They also should be given an apology, don’t you think?

Sure. Do you think Larry King would give him air time to do that? That would be the right thing to do...I'm not holding my breath on that one.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
How do you know what is in his heart I-BG? It is wrong to speculate.

ST. MATTHEW 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Itty-Bitty Girl I hope you gave that scripture some prayerful thought before you posted it and didn't pick it out of your scriptural bank just because it might possibly be slotted into the flavour of the moment.

Anyway, I am leaving this thread because we are starting to argue, which isn't glorifying to God.

God Bless.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God and only God knows exactly what is in everyone's heart and that is all that matters to me and also to everyone else. You need to repent and ask God's forgiveness for having such audacity as to be presumptuous and assume that you know what is in everyone's heart. You don't know!

Your words are very harphish! Also do not keep on pushing buttons which seems to be your current life's work.

Do not address me any more whatsoever!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GJ:

Caretaker,

I already know the truth and God knows that I do just the same as God knows everything about everyone and He alone will be the judge - not you!
You need to keep that in mind!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Drew:

When you post against the truth and post to harpishly chastise others who bring the truth, it brings your discerment and understanding of God's truth into question. God's Word stands as the measurement of truth, not the charismatic smile, and fluff-filled teachings of the prophets of prosperity.

2 Tim. 3:
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker,

I already know the truth and God knows that I do just the same as God knows everything about everyone and He alone will be the judge - not you!
You need to keep that in mind!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you personally attended each and every single one of his services. God will reveal the truth to you in His own timing.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe someday you will have your eyes opened to His truth and be able to ascertain the difference between truth and error, a charismatic smile, a feel-good philosophy, and a frivalous use of the name Jesus, versus the true Gospel of Christ which brings SINNERS to repentence, not eliminates the word sinner.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Have you personally attended each and every single one of his services. God will reveal the truth to you in His own timing.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

If Joel were grounded in the Word as a pastor should be, he would be familiar with calling sinners to repentence. He does not use the word sinner.

If he were preaching the Gospel he would not have made the error in a critical forum, and only apologized for the error when he was cornered with it. The same way that Benny Hinn has to sometimes correct his error whenever they can pin him down.

Oh but he is reaching millions and millions and millions for Christ most asuradly with the Gospel, whoops it wasn't the Gospel he was reaching millions with, and only a few thousand will see the correction., so the millions hear what is false and a few thousand what is true from this man's lips. Oh well he is a man of God whom God is using in a mighty way to bring millions and millions to Christ and we can just gather and sing Kum By Yah in the feel good Church of the anything goes as long as it makes us feel good about ourselves, and have our itching ears scratched by the Rev. Charisma.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

HisGrace
unregistered

How do you know what is in his heart I-BG? It is wrong to speculate.

1 Timothy 1:4
Don't let people waste time in endless speculation over myths and spiritual pedigrees. For these things only cause arguments; they don't help people live a life of faith in God.

HisGrace
unregistered

An apololgy is usually heartfelt to everyone. I don't undersand your point. [Confused]
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
But what about all those atheists, Buddhists, and Muslims etc. who may have heard Osteen on Larry King and think that he was right in what he said… Where is the apology to them?

We have no reason to belief that Joel Osteen's apology wasn't made to everyone, including God.

God loves humility-
[spiny]
Proverbs 15:33 Fear of the LORD teaches a person to be wise; humility precedes honor.

HisGrace
unregistered

Amen refiman - welcome to BBS [Smile] May God reward you for your forgiving spirit.

1 Timothy 6:12
Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. [Cross]

refiman
Community Member
Member # 4839

Icon 16 posted      Profile for refiman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a brief note for people who were less than pleased with Brother Joel's interview on Larry King. Pastor Osteen has posted an apology of sorts on his web site and tried to explain his dialog on Larry King, his apology was sincere and came from the heart. It's sad that too many Christians enjoy shooting their wounded. Perhaps this criticism will drive Pastor Joel to take a firm stand on some basic Biblical text, I hope so anyway. Have a great day in Christ Jesus!
The Refiman

Posts: 10 | From: somewhere in Pa. | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement