Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » What's the difference...

Author Topic: What's the difference...
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha ha, I thought it was a great discussion so that not realizing that must have been a God thing! [clap2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shofar
Advanced Member
Member # 4788

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Shofar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You, HelpforHomeSchoolers, for shedding light on this thread for me ... didn't realize those links were to forums on this board ...

((boy do i feel *g [happyhappy] [happyhappy] fy* now))

--------------------
Shofar

Posts: 24 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Redkermit: Great Bible study you started here without realizing it! The "Standing in the Gap" forum is a forum that is admisitered by the group that runs the Christian Chat boards; The "prayer" forum is the prayer request forum that is part of the CBBS. The forums for the Christian Chat Boards were added to the CBBS. Either place will be viewed by this board and will receive prayer. The Christian Chats are just another ministry - Salty is the one from their that you probably have seen posting on the board. They have their own homepage though.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shofar
Advanced Member
Member # 4788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shofar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I just remembered another example ... how about when God was about to destroy Sodom? Didn't Abraham place himself between God and Sodom? He stood in the gap for Sodom for a time hoping that somehow something righteous might spring forth out of Sodom. Abraham stood in the gaping doorway of destruction beseeching God for Sodom.

I believe that brings us to somethinig else to consider regarding "Standing in the Gap" for another. When we stand in the gap in prayer for another we need to be careful to be mindful of our spiritual armour and God's protection against any spiritual force that may be coming against our weary prayer friend.

--------------------
Shofar

Posts: 24 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shofar
Advanced Member
Member # 4788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shofar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear TexasGrandma (Betty),

I agree. Standing in the Gap for someone constitutes more than praying a simple prayer. Remember the Bible Story where ... ummmm,

::: pulling out my bible :::

((mumbling, ok, it's in the OT .. was that Moses or Joshua? ... hmmmmm, ah, yes!))

Exodus 17:12 ... But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
KJV

I am reminded that in our own lives we grow weary and are ready to give up on prayer ((those fiery darts might be wearing us down)). Sometimes we need someone to help us in our prayers. A person who is willing to lift their shield of faith over the weary one to let them know that we're there to help support them in their prayer posture -- we'll pray in earnest your prayer need for a time, -- we'll stand in your place of prayer for you, -- we'll hold your hands together in prayer for you ... yada yada yada

--------------------
Shofar

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be standing in the gap, is when we don't just say a prayer and go about our business, but when we get into deep prayer for someone going through a spiritual battle. But, of course that is just my thoughts and I have beeen wrong before. [Wink]
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the difference between

Standing In The Gap (Prayer Ministry)
Post Prayer Needs and Praise reports and hear whats going on with our prayer ministry.

and

Prayer Request
PRAYER CHANGES THINGS - Mainly us. There is power in unified prayer. Lets pray together! From CCNET & A Voice In The Wilderness

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement