Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Lost and so Saddened

Author Topic: Lost and so Saddened
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Daijah [Smile] I went through this too. I grew up a catholic so I was very familiar with God. When I hit my mid 20's I began going through a really rough time which forced me to rely on my faith that I grew up with. It wasn't easy, but me and God had a conversation one night and I told him I couldn't do it alone anymore and needed him to help me and guide me. I always prayed but you have to really be serious when you pray. If you half pray you'll get a half answer. You also have to rely decide to put it all in his hands...something I had to learn to do.

Could it be your daughter senses your low spirituality and struggles and maybe she feels that if you are having difficulty in getting closer to him then she feels confused and that is why she may turn to Atheism. We were going through the same thing...low spirituality and decided we had to change churches/religion. It was the BEST move we could have made! I now see what a church family really is. I have never had that before in all the years I went to church. I prayed to God for quite a while for him to direct us to a church that we could learn more and be happy with and he finally did. Now we are moving and I will be sad to leave them but I'm ever so grateful to have experienced the kind of love and fellowship we have found here. Now we know what to look for when we move back home.

Good luck to you [Smile]

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daijah

Begin to pray for God give you a heart of love for Him. I had to do this myself in my 20's. God did not do it over night, but slowly the love grew in my heart like a plant.

The best thing you can do for your daughter is to live a Christian life as an examble. If you and your family are not in Church, then find a good Bible believing Church. Calvary Chapel is a good one. Your daughter should be made to go with you. Some people say you should not make your kids go to Church, I disagree. You don't let a 13 year old quit school. My mom's rule was that as long as you are being supported by me you go to Church and I had the same rule. It may not stop her from being an athiest. My son when he grew up considered himself an agnostic for 5 years, but he had the Word of God in his heart and when he realized he was lacking something, he sought out the Church. I prayed for years before he got saved.

I another thing that I did and my mom did, was that I read a chapter out of the Bible every morning while my children ate thier breakfast. Did they like it? I am sure not all the time. But they were hearing the Word. Without hearing the Word they can't believe.

So, my suggestion is for you to pray and get in to the Word of God, find a good Church and get into a support group. A Bible study, or a care group. Then drag your child to Church and to Bible study. There are Churches that have great youth groups that no only appeal to the youth but they teach them God's Word.

I will add you and your daughter to my prayer list.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello! and welcome to the board!!!

all you can do is pray for her and let her see you praying and reading the Word. Ask her why she doesn't believe. Ask her what she does believe in. Then let her ask you questions about why you DO believe and what you DO believe in.
don't in anyway let her feel like she is outcast because of her announcement. my niece did the same thing. she is 14 now, and started going to church about a month ago. Two weeks ago, she finally accepted Christ. She still struggles, but she's at that age. At this age they are starting to question their beliefs and the rules set up for them by their parents.
it is likely that her friends have stated that they don't believe, and she is just going along with the "peer pressure".
don't push her, or she will rebel.
not having a child of my own at that age, i don't know what else to tell you. I have that to look forward to.
I pray blessings and peace on you and your family.

Shalom!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daijah
Member # 4595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daijah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone.

Lately I have been struggling. I believe in the lord but lately I have been struggling to get closer to him. I pray and talk to him about this and other things in my life but I just can't get that fire ignited in me. A few years back I was teaching the youth in my church. I felt like life couldn't be any better. Then with some stuggles within the church, I left and haven't gone back. As I said I pray and talk to God but I have yet to find a church to go back to.

Now as of last night, I found my 13 year old daughter (middle child) saying she is an Atheist and doesn't believe in God! I felt my world cave in and haven't stopped crying. I am lost and don't know what to do. I have prayed and prayed. She had told me that a fear came over her when she realised she didn't believe. I asked her to be open to hearing about Jesus and his goodness. Her response was, "How can I be open if I don't believe?" My two other children, 21 and 12 are shocked by this.

Can anyone send some suggestions as what I can do to help her? I usually don't reach out and ask for help but I really could use some now.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement