Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Harry Potter and witchcraft

Author Topic: Harry Potter and witchcraft
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy,

I totally agree with your posting. Every parent should realize that the Harry Potter books are certainly no good for their children to have or to read.

God bless you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy Jones
Community Member
Member # 4574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy Jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Concerned about the romantic portrayal of witchcraft in the media for children today, I looked into the books and movie "Harry Potter." Is it a harmless magic adventure tale like "Snow White, Sleeping Beauty," etc. Unfortunately, it is NOT such a harmless adventure tale..

This "Harry Potter" movie is outright and open encouragement and recruitment of impressionable children into witchcraft, black magic and devil worship.

Traditional Disney type "good versus evil" movie themes for kids I have found always made it clear who the good guys are - those opposing "black magic," and who the bad guys are - those who use "black magic."

Harry Potter makes no distinction of absolute right and wrong. Instead, "black magic" is portrayed as a neutral world force that can be mastered for the personal whims of the individual, and conflicts amoung its practitioners are merely a contest of conflicting individual wills and strength in the "black arts.".

This totally goes against the traditional American Judeo-Christian concepts of good versus evil, GOD versus the devil, absolute right versus absolute wrong, The Ten Commandments and The Golden Rule versus heathenism and self-love.

I strongly recommend to parents that they shield their children from such dangerous and corrupting influences as “Harry Potter” that deviously draw unsuspecting children into the dark world of workings of the devil. The very earthly lives and eternal souls of our children must not be surrendered to such evil.
Would like to hear your thoughts on this subject.

Posts: 15 | From: Willcox Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement