Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Church/Ministry Fundraising??

Author Topic: Church/Ministry Fundraising??
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fund raising is hard work. I know, because I was a professional fund raiser for several years serving church and non-church agencies. I don't think that selling pencils is a good way to raise money for a church. In fact, I think that it cheapens the stewardship message of any church that resorts to this kind of strategy to raise money. Christian stewardship and giving is more about responsible use of one's resources in dedicated investments for the work of the Lord for His glory. It is not about giving him a small profit from selling pencils or other commodities or raffling off a house at $100 a ticket.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBH
Member # 8379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the hard world of fund raising, I saw this. It's a great idea.
The Mission of St. Francis in Ft Lauderdale is hoping to sell 300 thousand Tickets
http://www.charity4everyone.org/

--------------------
JBH
Loganville, GA

Posts: 4 | From: Georgia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmencilsForChrist
Member # 4501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmencilsForChrist   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone! I just joined this forum today, so Hi to everyone and God bless you all! I am a college Minister for a church in San Diego. I also work for a company called Smencils. Smencils are gourmet scented pencils that are made from 100% recycled newspaper. What I do is supply Smencils as a fundraising program to churches, to raise money for youth groups, missions trips etc... I wanted to see if anyone here might be interested in using Smencils as a fundraiser for your church group, or even to raise money for a mission trip you are planning. I have used them to raise money for mission trips, and our congregation is currently using them to raise money to help send some of our youth to church camp. So, check them out at www.smencils.com . If you want any more information about them, feel free to email me personally at customerservice@smencils.com . I hope that this will be helpful to some of you!

P.S. This isn't spam, I just know that it is hard to raise money sometimes, and God has given me this position and I want to be able to use it to His Glory!!!

Because He Lives,

--------------------
Clint Davis
Religious Market Coordinator
Direct Line: 619-582-2685
Email: customerservice@smencils.com

The Smencil Company
5090 College Avenue, Suite 5
San Diego, CA 92115
Fax: 619-582-4500
Toll Free: 1-866-SMENCILS (763-6245)
Web: www.smencils.com

Posts: 3 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement