Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » I need your help to hold down the fort....

Author Topic: I need your help to hold down the fort....
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

You have been a big part of my growth as a Christian and I would hate to see you leave over anything, especially over something we have all been guilty of at one time or another - reacting in anger to a post.

Part of being human is making mistakes sometimes. I find that when I am being too hard on myself for a mistake, if I look closely at what is going on, it is pride. Our pride doesn't like for us to make mistakes, so when we do and they are obvious, we often get all bent out of shape and obsess over them, when true humility would have us say "Yep, I messed up. Father forgive me and help me to change.." and move on and continue doing what we are called to do.

I believe firmly that you are called to be here.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

The enemy as you know love to destroy anything that is of God and often times we as Christian can get victimize by his tactics.

You are much needed on the board. I have seen the wisdom and knowledge you display in your postings. If it’s a break that you need, please take it and we look forward to your return posting. We love you and will be praying for you.

Love you, [hug] [Kiss]

Study

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Linda,

Don't forget we are all in a "battle". People will get "wounded".

I'm not sure who was hurt, but I know from reading your posts that your heart of compassion always comes through even with the hard statements.

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.

Satan would like for any of us to be wounded enough to stop promoting Christ and His word.

God uses us in spite of what ever failings we might have, and I'm not saying you failed, by any means, but you state you feel that you need to stop and regroup. Nothing wrong with that. All of us need to do this on a regular basis.

I know I've allowed Satan to stop me too many times in the past due to how I percieve my own failings.

I hope you will continue to be a big part here. God bless.

WhiteEagle

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m not here long and I must say I love your posting style Linda, I really mean that. This is the first time I have called you Linda. [Smile]

Praying that the Lord will guide you and may you be refreshed and strengthened to do His will.

God bless you.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Big AMEN to Bro Ripp's post here!

Sis, I'd hate to see what would happen to this board if you weren't here to be the Sound Voice of Biblical Reasoning! Which you have consistently been! Even the Apostles had their moments [Wink]

I Know the Holy Spirit will guide you as you seek HIS councel [Smile] I'll be praying for ya!

Your Sis is Messiah,
Deb

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Linda,

Throughout our Christian walk we all experience these types of things. We are only human and we all make mistakes. I made some yesterday, and today, and tomorrow, and I will until our Lord comes back for us or my time is up here. We all struggle in the flesh, but thank God for those struggles. Rejoice that you have overcome death and have been redeemed and forgiven by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. Without trials we cannot grow in our walk.

If you leave, I pray that it's what the Spirit is leading you to do. If not, it will just be another victory for darkness. I believe that part of your calling has been to minister to people on this website, and without you, there will be a void that will be hard to fill. Many people value your time here and will sorely miss you if you leave. Your clarity has been inspiring for me as well as many others here. Obviously, we can't all agree or get along all the time, but we do the best we can. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ, but we are still human. Just like siblings, things happen. But siblings also come to the aid of one another when times are rough, and that time is now.

We are all here for you in Christ. Nobody wants you to leave, we want you to continue to help keep the sanity around here. It would be disheartening to see you go. We will all be praying for you. I pray that the Sprit will lead you to make the right decision. May He also comfort you. Please don't let what happened influence or make a decision for you. Things like this are used to help us grow in Him. Remember, you will not be given what you are not able to bear. Stand firm in His Word, be strong as you always have been here.

You will be in my prayers, stay strong and God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 18 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

I don't often post in the "deeper" conversations, but I do read them regularly with great interest. I just want you to know that I always look forward to your insight, and have learned a lot from you (and the others). Whenever I see a topic I'm interested in, I am always hoping that you have commented on it. I think it is quite obvious that God uses you here, but only you and God know if your time has come to leave here. I certainly hope it has not. I will keep you in my prayers, and I hope you do return soon.

God bless,
Matt

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blessings, Mrs. Linda.

You are in my prayers.

Be at peace, child of God. Yahweh Shalom is with you.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't go too far Sister Linda. We know your heart is in the right place and you would never intentionally hurt anyone. I have often admired your way with words and insight. You have been a very positive presence on this Board.

Probably that is why Satan is attacking you - you are a real threat to him.

Mighty prayers will bring you through this valley.

Luv Ya [hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sis you are in my prayers every day, and may our Lord grant you rest and renew and uplift.

God bless you and keep my precious Sister.

Psalm 28:
6: Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
7: The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
8: The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
9: Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 2 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is to all of you who are regulars here. I as most of you are aware, have done a terrible thing that inadvertently hurt one of our brothers. This is the trouble with sin; innocent people get hurt. We react out of anger toward one and another who had nothing to do with our anger gets hurt. But mostly God and the kingdom get hurt because we hurt our own witness and bring shame to the one whose name we carry.

I have been here now for a long time and I have always been able to say that I did not react with my flesh... that I prayed and that while I am sure I have offended from time to time, and amde mistakes from time to time and needed correction from time to time;I could always stand on the fact that I posted with right heart and love for each of you and as scripturally accurate as I currently know.

I think that is all that any of us can do. But posting out of my flesh and not right heart and hurting someone is something I take very seriously for myself and my own personal walk.

I need to take some time to pray and to evaluate my usefulness here to God. There comes a time when we all have to move on and maybe this is a sign that time has come for me. Maybe it is a sign that the enemy wants to get me out of here. I dont know what it is a sign of.

But I know that it is time that I shut my mouth for a while and God will have to tell me when it is time to open it again.

I am not going to be around here much for a while. I am not going to post for a while when I am around here.

I need you all to keep an eye out, because for the most part it is just me and David here to moderate and keep the crazies out and the smut off, and David is so busy.

I will not abandon him; he needs help here. So, if you PM me, it goes to my email which is open 24/7 and I will come and put out any fires that might need putting out. Please keep watch and please call me via email if there is a need.

Past, that you are all very capable of keeping this place going without me, so carry on and know that I am only an email away for administrative stuff... like someone posting profanity or garbage like that.

Please say a prayer for me. I very much need and appreciate your prayers always.

God Bless & Keep you all.

In Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement