Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Need Avatar Help, Please

Author Topic: Need Avatar Help, Please
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When putting in a new avatar you have to keep in mind that it doesn't always show at first back on the Board. You have to edit or make a new post before it will show. I just changed my avatar and it isn't showing everywhere on the board - yet. As long as it shows on your profile you know it is ok.

Just a reminder for new posters.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

See !! you just have to keep trying. [spiny] [type]
PublicNewSense
Advanced Member
Member # 4339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicNewSense     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I just figured out a way to do it. Testing......

Yea! It worked. [clap2]

--------------------
 -
If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

Posts: 61 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicNewSense
Advanced Member
Member # 4339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicNewSense     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but I just cannot figure this out. I've tried and tried to get my avatar to show but it won't. Any other suggestions? Sorry to trouble you, I really appreciate your patients and help.

This is the avatar I chose web page

--------------------
 -
If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

Posts: 61 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicNewSense
Advanced Member
Member # 4339

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your help.

--------------------
 -

Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like you mean what HisGrace is referring to; this is the same thing I had problem with when I first came to this site. Most of the avatars available here (especially the ones in the later image pages) CANNOT be applied just by clicking on the image and then clicking "OK" or whatever to confirm your selection. This is the case with the image I use for example - with these you have to manually input the URL or designated name of the avatar (whatever is available) when given the option after first opening the image search. Just look at the properties of the image and you should be able to figure out its designation. Trial and error of these steps eventually did it for me.

[updown]

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are referring to a personal picture & not from the site's database, then the image has to be hosted online. Most ISP's give you an allotment of online storage.

There are some web sites out there that will host pictures for free. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is http://www.tripod.com , but I'm sure there are several others.

You would upload the image to the host site or your personal online storage, and then put the URL in the custom avatar spot. Hope this helps. Like HisGrace said, though, sometimes it takes a few tries for some reason. It took me like 5 or 6 times setting the eagle as mine before it finally took.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

I find that sometimes you have to go into the "Properties" section of the avatar and then copy and paste the "address" to the "Use Custom Url:" section at the bottom of the screen" and then press "Set Url"

Sometimes it doesn't work the first few times, but just keep trying. When successful it will take you back to your profile and you will see it there.

BTW I am talking about avatars from CBBS. Haven't been successful with my own custom ones. Maybe someone else can help you if that is the case.

PublicNewSense
Advanced Member
Member # 4339

Icon 2 posted      Profile for PublicNewSense     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope I put this post in the wrote forum......I selected an avatar, did all the right things, made all the right moves and clicked all the right buttons and it still didn't work. Is it not working right now? [crying]

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement