Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Stressed?Read this!

Author Topic: Stressed?Read this!
lampwicke
Community Member
Member # 3536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lampwicke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear jenn,
How ironic,that for thousands of years,Gods word has prevailed,when He tells us to "be anxious for nothing,for sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof"? Stress is a inner self-torment,and within our control,by prioritizing our lives:yet its deceptiveness like you have found has always been thought of as an outward affliction due to living in a society which promotes it?What we have difficulty in dealing with,we compensate for? When healing: even today, can come through hugs,tears,laughter,singing,dance,grateful attitudes,and His love! There would be no need for psychiatry,or psychology,for truely the Great Physician ,is well able to heal His children,if many would let Him?
Thank you for the recommendation of the reading material ? It will help others.
In His love, lampwicke xxx

--------------------
"for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh".
Matthew 12:34b.

Posts: 20 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenn3709
Member # 3441

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Jenn3709     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always considered myself a healthy person. I watch what I eat and I exercise daily. I also consider myself a pretty stressed individual. Between taking classes at the university I attend, heavy loads of homework and holding a job on top of that, things can get rather hectic. Then of course there is the stress of landing that perfect career opportunity when I graduate. But I thought all of this was normal and simply dealt with it for three years, until I read Deadly Emotions. In his book, author Don Colbert, M.D. discusses the vital link between emotional well-being and physical well-being. Most Americans do not realize that scientific evidence has proven that stress can contribute to heart disease, migraines, asthma, pneumonia and many other physical problems. Stress can even be deadly. Reading through this book literally stopped me in my tracks. But, Deadly Emotions offers solutions to the problems facing us. Dr. Colbert battles anxiety, tension and stress with powerful concepts of forgiveness, joy and peace. These concepts are the basis of Christianity and areas that Jesus focused much of his ministry on. I really appreciate this book because not only does it provide scientific evidence but Dr. Colbert relies on the fundamentals of Christianity for healing as well. I would fervently ask anyone who does not take stress seriously to read Deadly Emotions along with Matt 6:25-34.
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement