Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Author Topic: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Armet
Advanced Member
Member # 3002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really he's the author of all of them? lol well I should know since i have ones from before and after, but I just assumed because of the complete different style on the 6th to the 7th and then the conclusion after the 6th was so final....

and yes, the first is best but they are all fairly good I think [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.teresa-dawn.com

^My Website.

Posts: 31 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how many there ae, but from what I read, he wrote the first one and wasn't planning on writing any more, and got so many letters begging for more that he wrote two more. I guess you could find out when he died, and then find out the original publication dates of the ones after Ozma. Not that they were necessarily written after he was dead even if someone else wrote them, or that he didn't write them and then they were published after he died...Ok, so maybe just finding out the author for the ones after Ozma would be best. [pound]

Well, I just looked them up on Amazon before I hit reply. I didn't even know there were any more than the first 3. Like I said, what I'd read was that there were 3 books. But there are 14 on Amazon and L. Frank Baum is listed as the author for all of them. I didn't enjoy The Marvelous Land of Oz as much as I did The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I don't know if that's because I already knew the story of the first one and could compare it to the movie, which was fun. Anyway, I guess we've got a bunch of new books to buy now. [pound]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armet
Advanced Member
Member # 3002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o were only the first three by him. I have read the first one, and part of ozma of oz, but i was under the impression the first 6 were by him and then the rest were by someone else. I could be wrong though, I thought the Emerald City of OZ was the last, just because of how they were going to cut off oz at that point and there would be no more stories after then, and then when the new one is released it says how Dorothy wrote stories to the author after all, and that's where the "style" of the books change so to speak, with The Patchwork Girl of OZ, but I've never heard anything whatsoever about that, that was just my theory lol. My bro's friend has all of them (is there 18? or something i dunno)

--------------------
http://www.teresa-dawn.com

^My Website.

Posts: 31 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't read them, but my sister enjoyed them.

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I guess not.

--------------------
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here ever read the book by L. Frank Baum? I read it to my dd recently and we both really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see how different it was from the movie. After several fan letters asking for more, he wrote 2 more Oz books. We've read The Marvelous Land of Oz and are going to be reading The Ozma of Oz soon. If anyone has read any or all of these books, let me know if you liked them!

--------------------
 -  -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement