Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » false teachings

Author Topic: false teachings
MichaelTheeArchAngel
Community Member
Member # 2646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTheeArchAngel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PropheticEvangelist:
The truth is there are NO modern day denominations who teach sound Biblical truth.

Every modern day denomination uses only part of the word of God to support the theories they spread and 2nd Timothy 3 verse 16 declares that the only sound doctrine is that doctrine that is based on ALL of Gods word.

That is why I no longer attend church.

There is no perfect church because theres no perfect man.We should not forsake the assemblely.One stars light differs from an other.That means, one mans truth differs from an other.False doctrine is taught in the churches because, the person is a member of a secret society or they dont know any better.Most christians dont know any better and trust in their church leadership.It is the responsability of every christian to make sure that they are being taught the truth because not everyone can see the whole truth.Truth is made know by the reason of the facts.Make sure the facts that have been given you are not faulty.Jesus said if you love me keep my (Fathers) commandments.Paul said keeping the commandments is what counts.Many of the new testament words that were translated (command) should have been translated (commandments).Check your exgaustive concordence.Compare the words command(s) and Commandment(s).
Posts: 20 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
INWARDLY
Advanced Member
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INWARDLY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please consider how Jesus did not keep to himself, but was always shareing His love with everyone that would listen. He is our example and He loves you and dosen't want you to miss out on brotherly and sisterly love. I have sent you a private message please write back.

With Christian Love,

Nathan

Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PropheticEvangelist
Community Member
Member # 2495

Icon 15 posted      Profile for PropheticEvangelist   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALL of Gods word, not some, of some of, part of, part of Gods word, like every modern day denominational religious church group teaches today.

All of Gods word is what is to be used as doctrine IF that doctrine is truly going to be a sound, and acceptable tezaching, according to 2nd Timothy 3 verse 16, show me even one denominational church where that is being faithfully done, you can't because there are none, not even one, anywhere in the entire world.

--------------------
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation for all who believe

Posts: 8 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what is your gospel that you are protecting?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PropheticEvangelist
Community Member
Member # 2495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PropheticEvangelist   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I can be blunt, and yet, hopefully as nice as possible without compromising the truth....

No person has to be a member of a denominational church, or any church, other than the body of Christ, in order to be a true Christian.

The body of Christ is not compromised of denominational members, we are not joined to a denomination, we are joined to Christ.

And to be perfectly honest I would rather sit at home with my wife, and worship God in our own way, pray in our own way, and study Gods word together, in our own way, and live faithfully according to his word (this is not in anyway contrary to the word of God, in fact, it is more in line and perfect agreement with the word of God, you have just been taught wrong by denominational liars and hypocrites) I don't want to go and sit in a denominational church where lies and doctrines of devils are being taught, which is what is being done in each and every denominational church world wide....

--------------------
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation for all who believe

Posts: 8 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

quote:

There is only one sound rule for proving whether any doctrine is a Biblically sound doctrine or it isn't: 2nd Tinmothy 3 verse 16:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I believe 2 Timothy 3:16 and that is a doctrine I've been working on. I found a Bibliography online about the Revelation and Inspiration of Scripture.

"The person who loves God must also love other believers." 1 John 4:21 (GW)

"I'm writing...so you'll know how to live in the family of God. That family is the church..." 1 Tim. 3:14-15 (NCV)

"...You are members of God's very own family...and you belong in God's household with every other Christian." Eph. 2 :19 (LB)

"In Christ we who are many form one Body, and each member belongs to all the others." Rom 12:15 (NIV.)

"And the believers met together constantly and shared everything with each other." Acts 2:44 (LB)

"People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron."-Prov. 27:17 (TEF)

I read Eusebius Ecclestial History and it reads like a modern day Christian so I don't believe that we have lost the truth. I also read the Creeds of Christianity and the truth has been believed. I have visited over 30 churches in my neighborhood and there are Christians struggling for and promoting truth.

Jesus said that the gates of hell will not prevail against the church (Matthew 16:18) so the truth of God's word has not disappeared. The word says that in their time there were 7,000 that haven't bowed their knee to Baal and in this time there is a remnant of born again believers who believe the truth. Jesus said to go into all of the world and for you to preach the gospel which includes the local church. Jesus didn't tell you to go hide in your house and hide the truth. Some of the Christians lose in evangelism because there aren't people like you defending the truth in their midst. People constantly complain to me that I shouldn't be so dogmatic about the truth and that they wish that I would rather shut up. I lose those battles because there aren't Christians there to join me in proclaiming Jesus and when I hurt other people hurt. And if you wish to be an island to your family then the body of Christ will hurt because there is one less person declaring the truth.

PropheticEvangelist
Community Member
Member # 2495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PropheticEvangelist   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every modern day denominational doctrine uses only small parts, of a few parts of the word of God as their basis of proof that their doctrines are "supposedly" Biblically correct.

There is only one sound rule for proving whether any doctrine is a Biblically sound doctrine or it isn't: 2nd Tinmothy 3 verse 16:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

If the doctrine can not be found absolutely in perfect agreement with ALL of Gods word then it is a lie, and a false doctrine, in fact, it is undeniably a doctrine of devils.

Gods word is the one and only rule anyone should ever use to determine what is Biblically correct and what is not, this hermeuntic junk is just that, man made junk and I'd just rather not be involved with it, Gods word never contradicts itself, as every modern day denominational doctrine contradicts the word of God, and that hermenutic garbage is the cause of that in the first place, so I'll just stay away from it.

You are to be accountable to GOD first, that is who I remain faithfully accountable to.

--------------------

Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

quote:
Here's the truth of it all sir, you. and millions of others chopose to follow after whatever denominational teachings you follow after, and each and every modern day denominational church, and their teachings are absolutely Biblically incorrect.

I, and my family, on the other hand have chosen to follow after and obey ALL of Gods absolute truth, and we are acceptable in Gods sight for doing this.

Every baptist, every Episcopalian, every methodist, Every presbytarian, etc. etc. etc. are teachers of false doctrines....

What Bible doctrine do you think Churches aren't addressing today?

What is your Biblical and Hermeneutical definition of sound doctrine?

You never really answered my question.

PropheticEvangelist
Community Member
Member # 2495

Here's the truth of it all sir, you. and millions of others choose to follow after whatever denominational teachings you follow after, and each and every modern day denominational church, and their teachings are absolutely Biblically incorrect.

I, and my family, on the other hand have chosen to follow after and obey ALL of Gods absolute truth, and we are acceptable in Gods sight for doing this.

Every baptist, every Episcopalian, every methodist, Every presbytarian, etc. etc. etc. are teachers of false doctrines....

--------------------

Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

quote:
Jesus alone is our Pastor, and I and my family are accouintable ONLY to him and to ALL of his word. [Bible]

Why should I be accountable to others if you aren't?
PropheticEvangelist
Community Member
Member # 2495

Jesus alone is our Pastor, and I and my family are accouintable ONLY to him and to ALL of his word. [Bible]

--------------------

Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

quote:
[Bible] Churches are rejecting ALL of Gods word, because there are no churches anywhere which use all of Gods word as the foundation for their doctrines.

2nd Timothy 3 verse 16.

I worship God in my own private way which is acceptable to God.

The Bible says not to have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, any church which does not base their doctrine on all of Gods word is a place where unfruitful woprks of darkness are being practiced.

I am exhorting my family, and God is our teacher, we study ALL of Gods word.

No....

Who is your pastor then? Who are you accountable to?
PropheticEvangelist
Community Member
Member # 2495

Icon 15 posted      Profile for PropheticEvangelist   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Bible] Churches are rejecting ALL of Gods word, because there are no churches anywhere which use all of Gods word as the foundation for their doctrines.

2nd Timothy 3 verse 16.

I worship God in my own private way which is acceptable to God.

The Bible says not to have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, any church which does not base their doctrine on all of Gods word is a place where unfruitful woprks of darkness are being practiced.

I am exhorting my family, and God is our teacher, we study ALL of Gods word.

No....

--------------------

Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

quote:
The truth is there are NO modern day denominations who teach sound Biblical truth.

Every modern day denomination uses only part of the word of God to support the theories they spread and 2nd Timothy 3 verse 16 declares that the only sound doctrine is that doctrine that is based on ALL of Gods word.

I'm sorry that you no longer attend church but there are no perfect churches even though there are some really good ones. What I'm trying to do is write Bible studies and hopefully something will grow out of that because I still feel my responsibility before God whether things are good enough of not.

What Bible doctrine do you think Churches aren't addressing today?

What is your Biblical and Hermeneutical definition of sound doctrine?

If no one is teaching sound doctrine then aren't you teaching sound doctrine somewhere? If you don't go to church then why don't you have your own church? God wants to be worshipped so how are you worshipping Him?

Why are you willing to seperate yourself with everyone when the Bible says,"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."-Hebrews 10:25

How are you exorting people if you are forsaking the assembly of yourself with other believers in church?

The Bible declares that we are All sinners anyway. So what is the big deal?

Did someone hurt you in church?

PropheticEvangelist
Community Member
Member # 2495

--------------------

Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ramsey:
Does anyone know of a good christian web site that deals with answering questions about false teachings and the "pastors" that teach them? I have been involved in what I believe to be a scripture twisting church..and need more insight. thank you for whatever feedback someone can give me. Steve

The reality is that if they are twisting scripture then maybe they are not depending on the Word of God. The only reason they would follow the Word of God is if they were trapped up in it so they would listen to their false teachers. In a lot of cults, the teacher takes the place of scripture so appealing to scripture may not change them. Some of the deceived may listen.

It is also hard to change the pastor when the congregation expects a particular teaching from the pasor.

It is hard to teach the Bible to people who spend more time learning their sick doctrine and defending it than you spend on the more weightier issues. There are people who are devoted to defending the mighty weight and power of sin.

INWARDLY
Advanced Member
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INWARDLY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLease consider this website I will bring you the complete truth of any question that you may have.Beloved I wish above all things that thou may prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.[3 John 2] WWW.WHITEESTATE.ORG
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
INWARDLY
Advanced Member
Member # 2493

"What false doctrine is being preached?" Try WWW.WHITEESTATE.ORG. Type in whatever ? you have in the box. ex:"SABBATH"
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to feel the best way to counter false teaching is to know true scriptural doctrine. I like the CARM site because they deal with Sound Doctrine and point out what is wrong in the cults. They dont name names as far a preachers but they are a good sound resource for the accurate.

Christian Apologetics

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

I've confronted false teaching and it is not easy so what you want to do is pray for the individual that you wish to witness to.
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's one I found to be invaluable. It's called "Deception In The Church." Here is a link to the page that has numerous articles about various groups, pastors, and teachings that are false...

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/page3.html

I hope this helps [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

I've always used the Christian Research Institute and their website is www.equip.org and I have used Watchman Fellowship and they get their name from Ezekiel 3 and Ezekiel 33. Their website is www.watchman.org

If someone is twisting scripture, I would suggest several sources. I would suggest a book on Bible Hermeneutics, Bible doctrine, Commentaries, etc.

There is a book called "Scripture Twisting: 20 Ways the Cults Misread the Bible" by James Sire.

When interpreting the Bible just remember that the plain things are the main things. Interpret the hard to understand verses from the easy to understand verses and not the other way around.

It is also important to read a couple of verses before and after the verse you feel is taken out of context.

While you are at it, send me a couple of those scriptures taken out of context and I'll help you out.

Steve Ramsey
First Post
Member # 2508

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Steve Ramsey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a good christian web site that deals with answering questions about false teachings and the "pastors" that teach them? I have been involved in what I believe to be a scripture twisting church..and need more insight. thank you for whatever feedback someone can give me. Steve

--------------------
steve ramsey

Posts: 1 | From: temecula, ca | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement