Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Getting to know eachother here

Author Topic: Getting to know eachother here
annointedlady
Community Member
Member # 2425

Icon 19 posted      Profile for annointedlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

My name is Jacky

I am 47, newly divorced and finding myself again......I live in the UK and go to just about the best church I ever found ....It is REALLY multicultural and so dynamic.

I work with ethnic minorities teaching childcare and most of my students are muslim. Being a Christian in that environment is a challenge as you can imagine.

I became a Christian at 17 but had some years of backsliding from about 21-30 -Nowadays I just want to be sold out crazy for Jesus.

I am tickled pink to be posting after KJV man just because I was blessed to visit Nashville in the Summer and wonder KJV if you have ever been to the River at Music City ( Dony and Reba Mcguire's church). You have to have a guitar if you live in Nashville I guess...I bought mine there this Summer and had a great time bringing it home - everyone kept asking me if I was a musician....etc etc...and LOL I cannot play it. My son can really well though.I think have guitar on route to Nashville could be a good way of evangelising.

I have two children, They are both very worried about names on the internet so I won't name them. But they are both great kids - a girl of 19 and a boy of 15.

Love in Jesus
Annointedlady

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Allen. I live in the Nashville area and have been here all my life!!! I'm what you might call a fundlemental Christian and my goal is to stand before GOD and hear him say , "Well done my good and faithful servant"!!! I love reading all kinds of Christian books and Southern Gospel music is my favorite type of entertainment!!!
I play guitar (not very well) but I get by!!!
I watch alot of sports (football and basketball) and my favorite team is the Tennessee Titans!!! I wish they played on weekdays or Saturday so I could attend the games! I will not attend the games and miss church!!!
Other than that , I have a great family with 2 sons (16 & 10) and a wife who truely support me!!! They are my refuge from the storm of life!!! I thank the LORD for them!!!
I hope to read more of your posts in the future!!! GOD BLESS!!!

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

My name is John, and I'm a Christian. [Big Grin]

I live in White Lake, MI, about 40-miles north of Detroit. I attend a United Methodist Church.

I have a wonderful christian wife, Joyce, and we have been married 22 years (we're both 41). We have two incredible kids - he'll be 12 on Jan 1, she is 21. I have served honorably in both the United States Marine Corps and the Michigan National Guard. I work in the Information Technology field and am currently pursuing my Bachelors Degree at a Christian college.

When not at work or school, I enjoy tending to my website.

I love Jesus more than words can possibly describe, but one of my favorite quotes by Samuel Rutheford sums it up pretty well -

"This soul of ours hath love, and cannot but love some fair one; and O what a fair One, what an only One, what an excellent, lovely One is Jesus! Put the beauty of ten thousand thousand worlds of paradises like the garden of Eden in one; put all trees, all flowers, all smells, all colors, all tastes, all joys, all sweetness, all loveliness in one. O what a fair and excellent thing would that be! And yet it would be less, to that fair and dearest Well-beloved, Christ, than one drop of rain to the whole seas, rivers, lakes and fountains of ten thousand earths."

--------------------
John
http://www.christianscorner.com

I believe!

Posts: 36 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello im barrykind;
My name is barry my wife is Melisa,
Seth Aaron - 9
Eliyah James - 4
Jon Mark - 2
Sarah Jane - 1

(recently)
2 puppies-- Dan & Chase
1 cat -- Macie

We live in Texas 90 miles east of Houston.
love the Lord and His people..
We are trying to follow the Lord with all our hearts.

i play the guitar, my wife is my soulmate, and my best friend.. My family is my life and my first mission field..

We love bible discussions and seeing the light turn on in each of us when truth is absorbed..

Were just simple country folk..

[wave3]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Soulwinner79 it's great to meet you [youpi] I look forward to reading your posts on here [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soulwinner79
Member # 2404

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Soulwinner79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I am new here. I am married and I am 23 yrs old (will be 24 on the 30th) I am from NC and I love making new friends as well. I have been a Christian for around 12 yrs. If you would like to know about me PM me and we can talk also if you need someone to listen to you I am the person and I also give descent advice to (well try anyways) [Smile]
Posts: 4 | From: Western NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Denise [Smile] It's really great to meet you!

Bubba Dog sounds wonderful (if not more then a handful [biglaugha] ) I'm very happy to see that God has given you such peace through a very difficult time. Hes' really good at that! [Wink] I too went through something similiar way back in the early 80's. God took care of me and has made my life Wonderful since then! Jesus will never leave or forsake you! He'll see you though it all too! [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DenisenOK
Member # 2379

Icon 7 posted      Profile for DenisenOK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!!! My name is Denise and I am from Oklahoma. I was born and raised here. I have been saved since July of 2000. God is such a good God. I have just in the past few days had to take big steps which have been posted on the prayers. God has blessed me and my two girls so much. I go to a Pentecostal church. I teach 4yr thru 6yr olds. I love it. My babies are my joy. I am also in charge of the infant nursery!! I LOVE Praise and Worship music. I can't carry a tune in a bucket but the word says to make a JOYFUL noise unto the Lord and that is exactly what it is. JOYFUL NOISE!! I love my bubba dog. He is a 125 lb Rot. He is spoiled rotten!!! I work full time in timekeeping. And that is about all I can think of!!!

God Bless You all!!!

--------------------
Psalm 91

Posts: 3 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

It's wonderful to meet both of you!

TG, When my Grandma was still here with us, she used to give me those wonderful items she and her friends would make out of plastic/crochet. I Loved it! It was wonderful to be reminded of that as I read your post! Thank you!

Primo, I love keyboard too. I wish I had stuck with it more... I have a keyboard, but I play by ear and I don't seem to do it that often. I only dabble with music myself. I played Guitar (acoustic) when I was a teen and young adult and even wrote some songs. I sang at a few Christian coffee houses and churches, but found that stage fright was just too much for me to contend with [Eek!] So now I just sing along with eveyone else, or to my CD's [Smile]

God Bless you Both! Thanks for introducing yourselves! [youpi]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 6 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there.
I am from Texas but currently living in Washington
State. I am 51, mother of two and grandmother to two. I am a housewife. I love playing computer games and reading. I too, have been a Christian since I was about 7. I have attended Church all of my life although there was times that I just was going through the motions. My husband got saved 10 years ago.
I used to do plastic canvas and crochet but arthrists (can't spell, they need a spell checker here) made it to hard.
It is nice to meet you.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,
My name is Primo. My wife and I live in New Haven, CT. I have been a member of the BBS since February of 2003 and have found it to be a huge blessing as well as a resource.
I've been a Christian since April of 2000. God truly does answer prayer when we are living in His will and not our own. (I've learned this from experience). I currently attend a Baptist church and share the keyboard/piano duties with my pastor's wife on Sundays. God has allowed me to grow in Him on a daily basis both spiritually, and musically....and for that I say "Praise God"
I look forward to sharing my devotionals every Monday in the Bible Topics area of the board.May God bless you and keep you.
-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I'm Debbie and I live in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area (Maryland actually)

I'm a full time wife & mother and work part-time as a secretary for the congregation I attend.

I've been a Believer since I was very young, but I wasn't serious until about five years ago when I had an incredible experience... Jesus literally pulled me back to him! I rededicated my life to him right then! [youpi]

I Love doing little craft projects (I make things up, I call it "BizArt" actually [Wink] ) I also love Music (especially the Newsboys and Audio Adrenaline), Animals (I have a small zoo at home), and talking with everyone here!

I Love this forum! I've found it to be both encouraging and thought provoking! Thank you all for sharing in here! It's a warm and loving place where a person can really grow!

I hope you'll all introduce yourselves on this thread as well [wiggle7]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement