Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » New Member, Introductions! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New Member, Introductions!
saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to all [wave3] <><

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hovel:
Hello. I'm Hovel.
And yes, Hovel is NOT my real name.
That will come out once I'm more familiar with everyone here, and others familiar with me.

Aw rats - I will be waiting with baited breath! [hyper]

I wish to welcome to you Hovel and you certainly will see a lot of sharpening iron with iron, as you put it, on this Board. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Hovel.

God Bless You.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hovel
Member # 5419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hovel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I'm Hovel.

I came across this site after going
deeper into the bowels of the biblegateway.com site, which after a few links, led me here.

I had been looking for an honest Christian forum
or bulletin board for the last few years,
and hope and pray this is one that respects
spiritual, yet frank responses regarding all
aspects of the Christian walk.

If there is any truth to iron sharpening iron,
I am hoping to find it here.

And yes, Hovel is NOT my real name.
That will come out once I'm more familiar with everyone here, and others familiar with me.

Why I chose that name will remain with me
until a good year has passed with me still posting here, if that happens.
If not, the secret goes with me.

God Bless you all.

-H

Posts: 6 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oranfly
Community Member
Member # 5368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oranfly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My English is so limited!
I will study harder.
Hello, everyone!
I'm Oranfly and come from Anhui Province,China. 18 years old, now I am studying in a university in Wuhan city - the biggest city in the center of China with a population of 8 million.

--------------------
Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

Posts: 7 | From: Wuhan, China | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Evelyn!!!

I too am from Texas, in fact I am in Texas, at the moment visiting my family. We will be here for a month. It is neat seeing all the changes in Houston, in just a year from our last year visit.
Hope you enjoy your stay with all of us.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome eveglo - glad you enjoy the site. [Smile]
eveglo
First Post
Member # 5296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eveglo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone.

My name is Evelyn and I live in Texas. Thank God for this site. I love it. I guess I'm looking for some support in my spiritual walk. At times I let the weight of this world get the best of me, but when I can get to this site and read the responses from other believers it lifts my spirits. May God Bless you all.

Posts: 1 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverlion
Advanced Member
Member # 5293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I posted on the other intro' and finally figured out that there are two!

Texasgrandma,you welcomed me very kindly. I know we do not know each other,but please don't get discouraged.I have been on another Christian board some years ago,and left w/ much sadness after folk attacking each other. From what I see here,those who moderate will attempt to straighten things out,as soon as they know what is up and are able.

You see I too,am fighting a chronic illness,and having to learn when someone says something such as you mentioned,that we don't take the wrong sounding things to heart.Please don't let anothers convictions,try to convict you dear one[that is the job of the precious Holy spirit and done with love].

I had an experience a few years ago[tho' not on-line],that almost stopped me from attending church,as I was so disheartened.I have gotten to go to church several times this summer and fall for the first time in a long while,and I praise the Lord and Creator for the chance to worship him in the presence of likeminded sisters and brothers.Folk who love me and pray for me,even tho'I am fighting a Chronic illness.

May His peace and love reign on this board and in the hearts and minds of those who post here! I am so glad that this board is here,tho' I may not be able to post al the time! I do hope that I am not considered to be butting in,i just know abit of how Texasgrandma is prolly feeling I think. If I've overstepped in anyway I wont be hurt if this is deleted! Love from Silverlion!

--------------------
Psalm 68:13b ...treasures-Doves with wings of silver and feathers of gold.

Posts: 50 | From: Idaho | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
If you have a physical illness, you are either lying about being saved at all, have no faith, or such a lazy Christian that God has to keep you ill in order for you to serve Him at all.

Sister Betty, I don't always keep up with all of the forums and I haven't seen such posts. Could you provide some quotes please?
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daivd,

"We are glad to have you. We are hear to study and worship our Lord Jesus Christ together and to help each other learn and lift each other up in prayer."

I honestly believe that is your intention with this board but, I honestly believe that this board no longer serves this purpose. Too many Christians are using this board to destroy other Christians. When I first came this was a board that Christians met to discuss things in a safe place. It is no longer safe. If you believe in the pre-trib, you are accused of being illiterate. If you have a physical illness, you are either lying about being saved at all, have no faith, or such a lazy Christian that God has to keep you ill in order for you to serve Him at all. Which is weird with me because I a saved, I do have faith in God and I was not afflicted with this disease until 36. I did work for God and worked hard physically at my sister's Church. So God did not have to give me a disase to make me get off the couch and work for Him,
If you have an emotional or mental condition that you are obviously filled with sin, and deserve only to be shamed.

I was so discouraged that I almost did not go to Church, this morning. I was thinking I could only go to BBS that don't know me and they will never have to know I walk with a cane, but how can I hide my physical condition from my Church who have seen me before. The devil fought me at every turn this morning. The alarm did go off this morning. I forgot Church now starts 30 minutes earlier, so we ended up late to Church. But, the when we had a guest speaker who's daughter is crippled and he is a Christian man who goes all over the Country as an Evangelist. He has not quit preaching because his daughter is handicapped. I told him after Church how people here said my lack of healing was a faith problem and was even suggest by a couple people here in the past as a sin problem. He said I should stop listening to those who do not know the truth. He is right my faith is in God and not in anyone here.

But, the truth is this board is under attack by the devil himself. Christians have allowed the devil to use them to destroy other Christians.
Only a miracle from God can change this board back into a board that truly does support Christians and encourages one another in love.
I honestly don't see any love here for the most part, only condemnation.
I believe this can change, but it will take a miracle from God.
Althought the Speaker helped me alot this morning, I don't think I will ever trust anyone again about emotional problems that I have had.
It is better to accept that you cannot trust people, especially here.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard Pleasemaranatha!

We are glad to have you. We are hear to study and worship our Lord Jesus Christ together and to help each other learn and lift each other up in prayer.

May God bless you!

David Campbell

www.heargoodnews.com

[wave3]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I am new also. I love the Lord Jesus Christ. I am spirit filled and see HIS love and miracles all the time. He is awesome and a great friend. God is great.

My age is 54 and I have been married for 34 years. My husband is laid off from work right now but we are fine. God is with us daily. We have 4 children grown ages 33 to 25. We have 2 grandchildren living. We are blessed very much. My husband knows and loves the Good Lord also. So do my children so what have I got to complain about? Nothing.

I am glad I found this website since I am a disabled vietnam veteran and can't get out much. This is helpful.

God Bless YOU ALL. Now the prayer list is nicely longer and I don't mind abit. I will lift you all up in prayer.

thanks for listening

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cici420
Community Member
Member # 4925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cici420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terri I am new here also. I want to welcome you. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Cindy

Posts: 16 | From: Ft. Myers | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terrriebear
Member # 4940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terrriebear   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

I'm Terri and I'm confused. I posted an introduction somewhere else on this board, but okay, I will do it again. I am 4osomething, divorced, live alone in Chicopee, Massachusetts. I am born again, Baptist, and I have 4 children (3 adults) living in Japan, California and Florida. I clean tables at the local shopping mall cafe, and I love the my kids, Jesus, my church, the ocean, chocolate, ice cream, movies, music and crossword puzzles. It's nice to find other Christians to talk to online.

--------------------
"But God commended His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans5:8

Posts: 4 | From: Chicopee, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gradmawmaw and welcome to the BB. I am a pawpaw of five. Hope you enjoy your stay and find a blessing and fellowship.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grandmawmaw
Community Member
Member # 4836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmawmaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello, I am new too, but old. ha.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Ryan! I agree with you.

[thumbsup2]

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Philippians 4:7-8

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan
Member # 4598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm replying to Tyme's post on March 18, 2004- I know it's really late but today is my first day as a member and I wanted to make a comment regarding that post.
In today's society the phrase " a book is just a book and a movie is just a movie" is a very dangerous statement. The Devil just loves using subtlety and hidden messages in books, music, movies and games. Kids are tricked into believing that they are having just a bit of innocent fun. Even adults can be easily drawn in. One of the biggest examples that I can think of right now is Harry Potter! Kids and adults alike are oblivious to it's satanic message. I've even heard of pastors doing sermons and sevices on the "good of Harry Potter. We need to pay alot closer attention to all forms of media that we allow into our homes, into our minds, and into our hearts.

Posts: 2 | From: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks you two [Smile]

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellen,

What wonderful news. Welcome to the board. If you have any questions or we can help you in your new walk with Jesus Christ, just let us know.

God bless you,
David Campbell

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

bygrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Ellen,
We are all here to learn and grow regardless of the amount of time we have been saved, so you are in the right place. [wave3]

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello my name is Ellen. I'm 21 and became a Christian and was baptised last summer. I'm still new to Christianity and everything but am wanting to learn and grow more.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board. I am from Texas but now live in Washington State. I have visited Canada on day trips. Hope to see you often.
betty

--------------------

forgetmeknot
First Post
Member # 2479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forgetmeknot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there! I am the former Warmsoul from Crosswalk chat. Have been browsing for a place to communicate, relax and participate in general discussion of life in general, spiritual things in particular.

A Canadian, I make my home in Ottawa, Ontario and welcome any communication from other chaplains who live and work in Ontario, or Canada for that matter.

Thanks for the opportunity to express in a safe and warm environment.

Warmly,

Forgetmeknot

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Glad you are enjoying the board, Sherri. It has been great having you here. [hug]
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
again, Welcome!!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LEONA_2268
Community Member
Member # 4522

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LEONA_2268     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I'm Sherri. I live in a little town named Hodge. I've been reading the posts for a couple of weeks and have enjoyed them so much. I'm 30. My husband is Danny (37). Kids are Harley (10/girl), Jennifer (8), Dwight (8).....Yes twins.
Like I wrote before, I am enjoying being here,lots of wonderful people. Thank you all for being so nice.

Posts: 8 | From: louisiana | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Liberty23 [Smile] Welcome to the boards.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Welcome quakinsorca. What an awesome testimony! It is amazing how many walk away from God and their lives can become totally broken, yet the Lord will always tenderly bring his lambs back into the fold.

Welcome to you too Liberty23. Nice of you to pop by to introduce yourself.

Liberty23
Member # 4108

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Liberty23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to pop in and say hello, this is my first post to the forums!
Posts: 3 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards, Frimpy, Eduardo, and Quakinsorca!

We need to start a women's group (forum), because we have got some awesome women of God on this board with such neat testimonies!! Thank you for sharing your story with us Quakin.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
excellent testimony quackinsorca!

Welcome to the Christian BBS!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quakinsorca
Community Member
Member # 4101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quakinsorca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and thought I would share my story. I am a 29 yr old single mom of two boys. 9&4. My oldest boy is struggling in school right now with some "behavior" problems and my 4 year old is a "special needs" child. He has neurological problems that Doctors can't pinpoint or dianose. He is as smart as a whip, but can't communicate vocally (his vocab is ah-ah-ah ah). He has "tremors" (unvoluntary shaking of the body) and has had a few "siezure" like episodes but has tested negative for seizures. We have been down to Children's Hospital located in Seattle, WA many times. Despite all this, he is a joy to the people that he meets, and has a smile that reminds me just how blessed I am.

I'll be the first to admit though, that I am not a perfect person.

I have a been a Christian for as long as I can remember, but walked away from the church I grew up in about twelve years ago, and I guess you could say that I walked away from God as well. I didn't forget Him by all means, but I couldnt understand why the preacher of the church would "preach" all the bad things we do that would send us to hell, then run off with a 14 yr old girl from the church, leaving his wife and church; or why God would allow things to happen in this world as they do. It put a "bad taste" in my mouth and I questioned a lot of things (but in the present a lot of things now have understanding)

A few years ago I got hooked on methamphatamine (crystal meth, speed) and began to struggle with this addiction. (but I never let it take away from childrens safety/well being/welfare; so I kept some control). But any extra money/time went on the addiction.

A couple years ago about the time my addiction started, my brother was tryng to get me to go to his church with him, but I would make up excuses why I couldn't go and/or even avoided him. He was persistant so to "get him off my back" I agreed to go. Really enjoyed it. It was a whole different kind of church. Non-denominational christian, modern, live "worship" band, and a GREAT pastor, but at the time my addiction was more important. So I would go on days I could stay "sober" to keep my family off my back.

On 10-18-03 I had a life changing moment with God. Our church had just started the "40 Days of Purpose" written by Rick Warren (an excellent book, part of what changed my life). I was at my lowest, coming down from days of being "high" finding out that my boyfriend at the time (which was my dealer) was sleeping around with girls that used needles.

So I began crying while "talking" to God asking him "what is my purpose in life?" and all of a sudden the word Aids popped into my head. "so that's it God, I've got aids." and began to cry more, thinking of my children. (yes, I know I should have thought about that long ago) then I heard a voice, not from my ears but from withn say to me "I am with you always, My child" and felt a warmth enclose my heart and I became at instant peace. However, satan tempted me one last time and on 10-25-03 I got high for the last time. (It made me sick for three days-puking. I believe it was God's way of turning me away from the drug, because I am terrified of puking.)

So I have been 13 months clean on the 25th, and still going through a series of blood tests, but so far so good, -HIV. I vouched my life to Christ, and life has been different ever since.

I love life and talking about Jesus any moment people will allow me to. I love my kids. I love all ranges of music, hiking, jogging, reading, playing piano, surfering the web, driving, taking my kids to new places and discovering the wonderful things that God has given us.

Phew...That's my story of how I became a "child of God". I love Jesus and I am very thankful to be a part of His abounding love, and family.

--------------------
One person can make a difference in the world - Jesus did.

Posts: 14 | From: Washington State | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, just got off work- Welcome to the sight. I am new to this sight also, but I have been born again for lifetime it seems. I too am into Country Gospel write my own songs, compose some classical. I am an eccletic when it comes to music. The music I write is Gospel-Country Blues, some light rock, and I love playing the piano and singing. Thinking about doing a disc for my mom and sing some of her favorite, after all mom's are special. The saying I heard, "Mom means business and Daddies just play" Do not know how that is. However MY nephews are going to college up there. I do not know if the choose Jesus. But they are twins.

If God tends you to be a singer, then in your heart you will praise Him.

I wrote a song called "Love is the Higher Price".I kinda wrote it for a valentine day for the Mrs. Anyway I write stories, songs, poems. I read my Bible and Pray. My Son is a little younger than you.

Well here I go just talking to the wind, but have Good Thanksgiving Day and Praise Him.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frimpy
Community Member
Member # 4073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I appreciate that.

--------------------
Backslidden Christian, ready to come back. I'm so glad that God forgives.

Yahoo ID: billselby9773 Come say hi if you like.

Posts: 10 | From: Newberry/Columbia, SC | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Welcome back into the fold Frimpy. A prayer has been said that the Lord will keep you under his wing.
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back brother Frimpy, stay strong and lean on Jesus.

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frimpy
Community Member
Member # 4073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, all...

I have been away from God for a number of years. I lived in Charlotte, NC, but worked in Rock Hill, SC. I recently moved in with my now ex fiancee. Shortly after that, she changed from the woman I was going to marry into the worst break up I've ever experienced. She kicked me out, so I stayed in a hotel for a week, until I found a roommate to share the bills with. I decided to save up money so that I could move to Cookeville, TN, where my daughter lives with my mother and stepfather. My stepfather is a pastor at a church there. I also decided that it was time for me to come back to God. Thats when the my life took a crazy turn. I was asked to work at the tent for my job at the last race at Lowe's Motor Speedway. While I was there, I was offered a promotion, and a transfer to Newberry, SC. I took it. For the first week, I was driving from Charlotte to Newberry and back every day, with a 12 hour shift in between. It was rough. I was on my way home one night after a very long and hard day, so I grabbed a beer, took a few sips off it, put the lid back on it, stuck it under my passenger seat, and headed home. I was very tired, so I was speeding. I got pulled over, and found out the hard way that my auto insurance had expired. I spent my first 2 nights in Newberry in jail. Speeding, no insurance, and an open container. My court date is Wednesday. The car is now insured, and I have the money to pay one of the 3 fines. I pray that the judge will see that as reason enough not to throw me back in jail.

I set out today to find a church, and I was led to a Church of God. The message was about forgetting about yesterday, and doing everything for today and the future. It was delivered with the intensity of a nuclear bomb. My outlook on life has always "That which doesnt kill us makes us stronger." It was nice to have that encouragement driven home like that. I went up for prayer after the service, and the only way I can describe the power I felt was a very intense head rush. They invited me back tonight, and I'm going to go. After that service, I am still very nervous about my predicament, but there is some calm there. I just have to keep my eye on my goal (my daughter in Tennessee) and not let anything get in the way of that, and take life as it comes. I know that the devil will do anything to keep me away, because he did for a long time. I'm back, and he wont be able to keep me away again.

I ask for prayer, and I'm looking forward to talking with everyone here.

--------------------
Backslidden Christian, ready to come back. I'm so glad that God forgives.

Yahoo ID: billselby9773 Come say hi if you like.

Posts: 10 | From: Newberry/Columbia, SC | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Mac. Take a look around. A hint: most of the action is in the top two topics.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PowerMac
Member # 3877

Icon 2 posted      Profile for PowerMac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[type]

Hello! I'm from Cincinnati! [wave3]

Several months ago, I was inspired to read the Gospels by The Passion of The Christ. I found my faith had re-awakened after 20-odd years.

Posts: 4 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iveck
Member # 3800

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Iveck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone!

I'm glad I found this board, it looks like a great forums board. I live in Sallisaw Oklahoma, the eastern part of the state. I am an ordained Christain Chaplain ( nondenominational volunteer chaplains) and work outreach ministry with Community Chaplain Ministries. We work in the community at large. Our work presently takes us into county/city jails and community outreach. We hope to expand where ever the community needs us. We are a registered nonprofit ministry with the state of Oklahoma. God is doing wonderful things for us and opening doors for this ministry. My prayers daily is for the Lord to keep us focused on Him and His Word. May God bless this cyber community and those represented here. I look forward to the blessings of participating on this board.

In God's Love

Chaplain R. Sanchez [Bible]

--------------------
Look Always to Jesus First!

Posts: 3 | From: Sallisaw, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 21 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ordinary_Unimportant:
I have always been reading and writing a lot of horror and am a big fan of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Saul, Peter Straub, etc....in fact I have a collection of over 800 thriller, horror and fantasy books. I've had some success in publishing my own horror. I love the genre because the battle lines between good and evil are so deliniated, and because of the excitement of reading them. But my bible study leader, about a year ago, told me that I should get rid of them. This has been nagging on me. How do I know what God's will is?

I used to be a big fan of the horror genre myself. In addition to the authors you listed I was really into Poe, Stoker, and Hawthorne. And I was faced with the same question when my conscience started nagging at me (conscience, no, I believe it was the Holy Spirit). Yes, there is often a delineation between good and evil, though less so now days where there only seem to be shades of evil. But when we talk about good, what do we really mean? Gospel good? Godly good? Or humanistic, moralistic good? Rarely is it ever anything except the last group. But beyond that, I think the question is, 'Is it really beneficial for me to be exposing myself to literature that focuses on the kind of things which God condemns and the apostles warned against?' I know it's entertaining, sometimes to the extreme, but does it help you in your relationship with Christ? I don't think that anything really bad will happen to you if you keep it up, but it could impede your spiritual growth, and that ain't good.

Just food for thought.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Ambariel,

I am from Texas but currently live in Washington State. I too found out about BBS places from a game. My son is into Everquest, but me I am a big Sims fan. The first BBS I joined was the Sims BBS.
I too use my conection there to talk about God. I am often asked by kids there to pray for them and of course I do.
I hope to see you around more often. I will try to find out why my son's character is at Everquest. I imed him but he is not on his computer.

--------------------

Ordinary_Unimportant
Member # 3718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ordinary_Unimportant   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I'm new too. I have been having the same problem with entertainment and knowing where to draw the line. I have always been reading and writing a lot of horror and am a big fan of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Saul, Peter Straub, etc....in fact I have a collection of over 800 thriller, horror and fantasy books. I've had some success in publishing my own horror. I love the genre because the battle lines between good and evil are so deliniated, and because of the excitement of reading them. But my bible study leader, about a year ago, told me that I should get rid of them. This has been nagging on me. How do I know what God's will is?
BTW, it is nice to have found this forum. I am a 29 year old single woman. I look forward to meeting and getting to know all of you.

--------------------
"People are immoral, irrational, and self-centered. Love them anyway."
--From an enscription found on one of Mother Theresa's orphanages

Posts: 4 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenL
Advanced Member
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevenL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"as for the Music. Heavy Metal, is just music, do all things because you enjoy them, know in your heart where you faith lies, and nothing can turn you.

as for the Game, Everquest, DAoC, Shadowbane, or what ever you wish to play online. There is nothign wrong with any game you play, as long as you understand, it's only a game, no diffrent then reading a book, or watching a movie, just a means of simple enjoyment."

I'm a bit concerned about this advice. I can tell you by the Spirit and by the Word and by experience that the things you participate in CAN AND WILL affect your walk with God. There is an Enemy who uses these things you're talking about to great advantage. 1 Corinthians 15:33-34, Luke 8:18, Mark 4:24-25, Galatians 6:7-8.

The things you willingly receive into your garden..those things will grow and bear fruit, whether for good or for evil. Satanic music and games will bear Satanic fruit. Don't be deceived. May God open the eyes of your heart and move you to exercise your spiritual senses so that you may be able to discern good AND evil.

I've known quite a few believers (me being one of them [Smile] ) who thought they could hold on to their former entertainments and desires and still walk with God. They all found this not to be the case. NO ONE can become a disciple of Yeshua until he or she has forsaken and hated his own life. Luke 14:26-35

God bless you as you work out your own salvation with reverence, fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12-13

Posts: 144 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vinc
Advanced Member
Member # 3701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vinc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Saints,

About Me :-

I am vincent from India. I was born and brought-up in a protestant christian family and had a born-again experience at college 12 years ago. Since, then i have decided to live a life pleasing to the Lord, doing His will and not my will. I have undergone Water-baptism in obedience of the Scriptures and was fortunate to recieve the Baptism of Holy Spirit.

Since, then i have been striving to work-out my salvation with fear and trembling. Though i have gone through ups and downs in my spiritual life, the Lord has been merciful and preserved me in Him. I am looking forward for a fresh anointing and a new uplifting to a higher spiritual plane than now. I sense God's call for ministry. I covet the prayers of fellow-christians across the globe.

My Beliefs :-

I believe in the Holy Trinity - God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit.

I believe that the Bible was written by the Prophets of God as per the guidance from God the Holy Spirit, It is the WORD OF GOD.

I believe that God Himself superintended, directed and dictated the writing of the Bible, with the Human authors so completely under His control that the writing became the writing of GOD.

I believe that God speaks to us through the Bible and teaches us what is True and makes us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is Right.

I believe that Lord Jesus Christ came to this world as a human sacrifice for the sins of all human beings.

I believe that Lord Jesus Christ was wrongly judged and was crucified on the cross after being tortured by misunderstood human beings. He died and was buried in an open tomb. He rose up on the Third Day.

I believe that Lord Jesus Christ ascended to heaven alive in physical bodily form and is seated at the Right Hand side of God The Father.

I believe that Lord Jesus Christ lived a sinless and perfect life as a human being when He lived in this world.

I believe that Lord Jesus Christ will come again to the world a Second time on a Great Horse as a King with His Saints.

I believe that Lord Jesus Christ will reign as King for a thousand years on this earth (The Millennial Reign) in the near future.

I believe that salvation from sins and eternal life can be received only through Lord Jesus Christ and there is no other name given to mankind under heaven through whom we can obtain salvation.

I believe that unless a human being is born-again as a new individual he cannot see or enter the Kingdom of God.

I believe in the Holy Water Baptism through complete immersion into water in the name of God The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I believe that Water Baptism is an Act of Obedience, and an outward show of Commitment to God.

I believe in the worthy partaking of the Holy Communion as an Act of Remembrance of the death of Lord Jesus Christ. Also, to show that we are members of His Body and purchased by His Blood.

I believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. I believe no christian can live the Christian Life as he should without being baptised in the Holy Spirit.

I believe that a person ought to directly pray to God The Father in the name of Lord Jesus Christ for his needs as the Lord Jesus Christ in one and only mediator between God and men.

I believe that any place where born-again christians meet regularly for prayer, worship, listening to God's Word and fellowship is a Church.

I look forward for a blessed time of learning, sharing and fellowship with all of you. Thank you.

The Lord Bless You & Yours
Vincent [Smile]

Posts: 29 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
voxman41
Advanced Member
Member # 3545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for voxman41     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. It's all a bit overwhelming atm. So many verses of scripture have been quoted to me in a short amount of time, whew! [Eek!]
Posts: 22 | From: West Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
voxman41,

I rejoice with you as you run the race that is set before you.

Keep your eyes focused on Yeshua and His Blood.

Know that their are many that will try to lead you astray from the straight and narrow path.

Welcome to the Body of Christ and let the Holy Sprit lead and guide you into all Truth.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
voxman41
Advanced Member
Member # 3545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for voxman41     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you and no, Softtouch hasn't warned me about you.....yet. I think I understand a little what you're trying to say, and I'll keep this in mind. [wiggle7]
Posts: 22 | From: West Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement