Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » new member

Author Topic: new member
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Monkeyhugs

You may add one new name to your list of friends.

that name is mine.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ambariel
Community Member
Member # 2345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ambariel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I'm new here too. I'll start my own thread so I won't mess with yours. I hope to find a new home here. [Smile]

--------------------
Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.

Posts: 20 | From: Nashville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I'm Debbie (SoftTouch) and I'm relatively new here too. I've only been here about a week now, but I've jumped right in.

I have two dogs, a cat, two Guinea Pigs, a hampster and lots of fish! I also love feeding squirels (peanuts). I used to sit in my backyard frequently and I'd actually have them come right up to me and take the peanuts from my hand. It was Wonderful! Then a rat decided to become bold and come up to me for a peanut... don't get me wrong, I actually like Pet rats (I had one for four years till he got a tumor and had to be put to sleep) but wild rats are a different story [Eek!] I stopped sitting outside feeding the squirels [Wink] Now I have a bag of peanuts I keep in the car and when I get to my son's school too early, I park at the park close to the school and feed them there [Smile]

I'm sorry to hear about the depression [Frown] I struggled with that for a very long time myself. I finally found a good doctor who diagnosed my problem (a chemical imbalance - most likely harmones) and put me on the right medications and I'm doing So much better! I also think it was partially a spiritual problem as well... I had strayed way too far from our Lord and I think he gave me over to an unsound mind for a time. Since He pulled me back to Him I've been tons better! The difference in my life is like night and day!

I pray you will find a job soon! How is the search coming along? What type of work do you do? I'm a part-time secretary for the Congregation I attend.

It's nice to meet you and I hope to talk to you more. God Bless you! [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
URCGSF
Advanced Member
Member # 2194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for URCGSF   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi anyone new reading this! Or anyone else for that matter!
Posts: 28 | From: Norwich, Norfolk, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to welcome you earlier but right after I typed it up the site went down. Anyway welcome!
I am a Texas grandma currently living in Washington State. (about a month)
When we moved up here I left my two cats with my daughter and my favorite one ran away. I am heart sick over it. We used to feed squirrels were we used to live and we used to go to the park to feed the ducks. The only park close to us now is a paid park. I did not know you had to pay 5 dollars to go to a state park. [Frown]
I too have sufferied from depression for many years. It runs in my family. I have found it helps me to get involved in volunteer work and in hobbies. I will pray for you to get a job and to feel better. [Prayer]
I hope you feel welcome here. I probably won't remember your name because I am so absent minded and this has gotten worse since I moved.
You have a blessed day!

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi monkeyhugs. I love feeding squirrels too!! What do you feed yours? I feed mine nuts and occassionally biscuits. I haven't got any dogs but I love my mum's cousins. [clap2] [youpi]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
promises
Advanced Member
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for promises     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Monkeyhugs!

I had three dogs, but am down to one now - and he is my baby, so I know where you're coming from there! I didn't marry until I was 40, so be patient - better to be right than quick, eh? The Lord will lead you as he sees fit. Jump on in and give your thoughts on some of the issues being discussed, or just kick back and read for a while - whichever you feel most comfy with. You'll meet a lot of really nice people. Good to have you here!

--------------------
His Alone

Posts: 144 | From: Southern CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyhugs
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyhugs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! I am new here and thought I'd try to introduce myself. My real name is Regina, which means queen. My dog's name is Monkey and I like to give him hugs and kisses. He likes them too! He is a good little boy who brightens my day. I suffer from depression. It's really hard. I had been working at the same job for 13 years but then they closed down. I've been applying everywhere but I only got one call back and I was out at the time and when I called them back they said that I should have answered when they called me and anyway I didn't get the job. I am not discouraged. I know I'll get another job soon. I've been praying hard. More about me...I am a neat freak. Yes, I enjoy cleaning. I like to cook too. I don't know why I am not married. I used to enjoy feeding the birds at my window but then I moved and now I feed squirrels. I feel like they are grateful to me and this makes me happy. I want to see that new movie "Good Dog!". I love the commercial with the Boxer where he says, "Can I have a cookie? No wait. Can I have 10 cookies? CAN I HAVE 20 COOKIES?!" lol He's so cute. Well this is it for me right now; me and my dog, feeding the squirrels, cooking and cleaning, watching television, and praying. I hope to make some new freinds here. Bye for now.
Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement