Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » screen name

Author Topic: screen name
URCGSF
Advanced Member
Member # 2194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for URCGSF   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is the name of the organisation that I am the webmaster for!
Posts: 28 | From: Norwich, Norfolk, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaughterAnn
Advanced Member
Member # 2055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaughterAnn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know how, when you're a kid and you get in trouble, your parents call you by your first and middle name? Well, as I grew older, I sort of did that to my mom too. When I couldn't get her attention by just saying, "Mom", I would call her by her first and middle name. Since her first name is Mother (obviously) and her middle name is Ann, I call her Mother Ann.

When she got into the internet and needed a screen name, she chose MotherAnn. [type] So, taking her lead, I dubbed myself DaughterAnn (daughter of MotherAnn). It works since my middle name is also Ann. [wiggle7]

--------------------
DaughterAnn †

"Isaiah 6:
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Posts: 60 | From: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 12 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know what mine means? [Razz]
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RuntheRace
Community Member
Member # 2051

Icon 18 posted      Profile for RuntheRace   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Run the Race:
I love to run spiritially and physically...

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Posts: 13 | From: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rach
Advanced Member
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine has a double meaning, it's the name my mommy and daddy gave me (well partially anyway) but it is also my initials. I knew from the start I would marry someone with the last name beginning with H, so it would complete me [clap2] .
Posts: 41 | From: NC | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salti, I don't HAVE a crooked nose, it's just what my name MEANS.

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FloridaFormula5
Member # 1945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FloridaFormula5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought of my nickname one day and thought it sounded good. There is no matching formula for it, though.

By the way, I've left messages about birth control and body piercing and then nobody else visits. I'm hungry for some discussion. Am I chasing everyone away? Maybe I should tweak the formula.

Christ's Peace upon all,
FF5

Posts: 4 | From: Pembroke Pines, FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. My cousin, David, was dubbed Slingshot. [Wink]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my screen name is my name, basically because at my age I tend to forget it.[ have an awful problem with passwords too.]
By the way, my icon is my portrait [Big Grin]

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waterdog,
How funny that you bring up the whole CB thing. My name sorta, kinda derives from the same thing. My CB handle was Blue Eyes. When I started playing online I came up with Skybluee, because of my sky blue eyes. A friend, thinking that I was blue all the time, suggested that I come up with a name that was not so depressing... hince, Wonderful Sky.
So from Blue Eyes to Wonderful Sky. I can remember as a kid talking on the CB and thinking it was the neatest thing. My husband still owns a CB, it is not hooked up, but I am now and always will be Blue Eyes. Guess you can say I got better with age ( HAHAHAHA!).
God's love to all,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miguel
Angel
Chaparro

My two first name are biblical
Michael and Angel

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is something my beloved grandma came up with when I was a kid. It was the 70s and CB radios were the thing, so my grandparents gave themselves, my cousins and myself handles. When we would go on vacation, I was always the last one out of the pool, so I became Waterdog. I found out a few years ago that there is a type of salamander specific to the TX Gulf Coast, where I grew up, called the Gulf Coast Waterdog, but I don't know if that had any influence on their choice of handle or not. Anyway, when I first started getting on the internet regularly, I went to a chat room that asked for a "handle" instead of a "nickname," so that reminded me of my handle of my youth. [Smile] So, now all over the internet, you'll find me as Waterdog...though there might be a couple others out there, too. Every once in a while when I try to register for some site or other, Waterdog has been taken. Ok, I'll stop babbling now. [Smile]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[biglaugha] [roll on floor]

Cameron, for some time now, whenever I see your posts or see you on chat, I think of "rat-colored hair" (from a previous post... now you have added "crooked nose" to that. That's quite an interesting picture.

my screenname is in reference to us being the salt of the earth [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 21 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David - it's my real name.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just Passing Through-----cause its the truth---THANK THE GOOD LORD

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charitee
Community Member
Member # 1928

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charitee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I wanted 'charity' but it was taken. Its taken from my favourite chapter in the Bible, 1 Corinthians chapter 13, which challenges me to show charity in my daily living.

'And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.'
(1 Corinthians 13:13)

Posts: 14 | From: a tiny island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cameron is my real name. It means "steadfast and true." Or crooked nose, depending on what book you read. [Roll Eyes] I go with the first option.

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does your screen name mean???

Bambi - no meaning thats just my name [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Posts: 298 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement