Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » The destractions I get myself into...

Author Topic: The destractions I get myself into...
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent all last week investigating the "Paul is Dead" matter. You see, the real Paul McCartney died 1966 and the Beatles replaced him with an imitator. The imitator is still playing today under the name "Paul McCartney" and yes, his website: paulmccartney.com. It's not really that complicated, but it really happened, and the difference between both men is pretty clear.

Anyway, by the end of the week, I was asking myself why am I spending so much time looking at a dead man, when my eyes should be upon a living, risen King--Jesus Christ. George Harrison once sang, "all things must pass away", which is true--heaven and earth will pass away. But he neglected to mention the other part--that God's word will never pass away.

Our Lord is the Alpha and the Omega. He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end. There will come a time when Paul, George, John, Ringo, and every single other person will bow the knee to the Lord Jesus Christ--whether they chose to follow him or not.

Eventually, the songs of the Beatles will be forgotten, and in it's place will be sung a new song! His praise in the assembly of saints. His praise from the ends of the earth. His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory!

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song! Sing to the Lord, all the earth. Ps 96:1

[clap2] [youpi] [dance] [clap2]

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement