Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Called into duty from Baptism

Author Topic: Called into duty from Baptism
Newly Confirmed
Advanced Member
Member # 1290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newly Confirmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for the answer!
God bless all of you~

--------------------
Brady

Posts: 33 | From: Gillett, Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 13:
12: So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13: Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14: If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15: For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16: Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
17: If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

1. Are there any conventions or seminars that I could attend?

There are probably many functions, which would be beneficial, but you are probably looking at a seminary degree to become a fully accredited Lutheran pastor.

2. Should I attend regular meetings with my pastor and talk with him about the matter?

A pastor's guidance would be most helpful, and could open up great opportunities to serve in the Body. Your interest, enthusiasm, and willingness to serve will be a tremendous blessing and encouragement to your pastor.

3. Should I let lots of people know about my goal?

I know you are so very enthusiastic in regards to your calling, but you might be disheartened by a widespread announcement. There will always be naysayers and it would be a shame for you to become discouraged. There are so many outside the Body who would mock, scoff, deride, and never comprehend the magnitude of a call from God, and the immense import of dedicated service to our Lord Jesus Christ.

There will be those who say, ”he just wants to draw attention to himself, or he is just trying to be more spiritual than others”, with no clue as to your sincerity and dedication to Christ. Let those who do not know you and your precious heart for Christ, ascertain through your fruit of service, your tremendous call to ministry.

There are always things needing to be done, whether opening a door, helping the infirm into the sanctuary, serving refreshments, setting the alter, serving communion, assisting with Sunday School, serving at special events, assisting the elderly and infirm, etc.

Ask your pastor for guidance, and allow him to provide you with the preparation and the gathering of the necessary “tools of service”.

God bless you for your heart for Christ, and the special gift from God, which your call represents.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newly Confirmed
Advanced Member
Member # 1290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newly Confirmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the moment I am reading the bible and the book of concord.

--------------------
Brady

Posts: 33 | From: Gillett, Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would keep reading your Bible because that is the only way you can have a "heads-up" on the ministry.

Chuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newly Confirmed
Advanced Member
Member # 1290

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Newly Confirmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(You can find more on my wanting to become a pastor at http://www.futurepreacher.blogspot.com/)

Hi my name is Brady Holzhauer. I am 13 years old, and though I may be young, I am wanting to become a Lutheran Minister as my career in the future. Right now I need some advice on several things.

1. Are there any conventions or seminars that I could attend?

2. Should I attend regular meetings with my pastor and talk with him about the matter?

3. Should I let lots of people know about my goal?

That's all I need! Please reply soon!

--------------------
Brady

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement