Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Robin Williams' Peace Plan

Author Topic: Robin Williams' Peace Plan
ProphecyEye
Advanced Member
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProphecyEye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
Of course it is a joke, but the truth is other countries want our blood and money to save them then they want to stab us in the back every change they get.
I honestly think that there should be no one allowed to come to our Counry from a terroist country. It just opens our doors to violence against us.

The general rule of thumb has been that the US wants to take advantage of other countries, not the other way around. Think of all the US companies that move production offshore because the labor in other countries will work for a lot less money. Think of all the stories of sweatshops you have heard about. I won’t even get into the rather detailed topic of economic imperialism carried out by the US.

Off the top of my head I can’t think of any countries that have requested aid from us and then turn around and backstab us although we have sold weapons (including weapons of mass destruction) to countries that we now consider terrorist threats. This is one of the reasons why we knew that Saddam had chemical weapons (at one time). We sold them to him. Besides I believe most of the humanitarian aid we provide to other countries is through the UN.

The idea of closing our doors to people from terrorist countries is on the same level of thinking as white supremacy advocates. Because all blacks are [insert stereotype], all Jews are [insert stereotype], and ALL people from countries that have been known to house terrorist groups MUST be on a mission from Allah to kill us all! Everyone who lives in America either immigrated or had ancestors who immigrated (besides the Native Americans). To deny entry into the country for any other reason than overpopulation is rather un-American in my opinion simply because this country is defined by its immigrants.

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it is a joke, but the truth is other countries want our blood and money to save them then they want to stab us in the back every change they get.
I honestly think that there should be no one allowed to come to our Counry from a terroist country. It just opens our doors to violence against us.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right, that's stupid. Make them territories instead. [Razz]

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt
Advanced Member
Member # 853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cameron:
Heres a winning plan: The US and Britain each become the 7th and 8th states of Australia!!!!!!!

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 23 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres a winning plan: The US and Britain each become the 7th and 8th states of Australia!!!!!!!

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like all but number 10! [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProphecyEye
Advanced Member
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ProphecyEye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...I hope you didn't take this seriously?
Posts: 67 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan... what we
need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a
plan for peace. So, here's one plan:

1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their
affairs, past & present. We will promise never to "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with
Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there.
We would station troops at our borders. No more sneaking through
holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder
will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or
where they are. France would welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90
day visits unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist
nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it
yourself, don't hide here. Asylum would not ever be available to
anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers.

5) No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they
don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home, baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self sufficient energy
wise. This will include developing non polluting sources of energy
but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness.
The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel
for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else.

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we
will not "interfere". They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds,
rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give
them gets "lost" or is taken by their army. The people who need it
most get very little, anyway.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an island some place. We don't need
the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, it would make a
good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

9b) Use the buildings as replacement for the twin towers.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no
one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor,
your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's
yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'" - Robin Williams>

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement