Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » All About YOU....

Author Topic: All About YOU....
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to copy and paste these questions but it wouldn't work. I got some message about HTML's or something and that I wasn't allowed to do this. Can someone help me?

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Birdinparadise
Advanced Member
Member # 1335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Birdinparadise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Name (that you go by): Claudine

Future Aspirations: Bible College

Goal in life: Raise 2 daughters-to-be into good Christians.

Short term goals: Get a Chaplaincy Degree

Passion: The Word, cooking, family

Hobbies: Drawing (portraits), cooking, reading

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): see above...also cowboy boot wearer LOL

Fave book: Bible (of course) & A Tale of Two Cities

Fave movie: Lord Of The Rings

Fave sport: Baseball

Fave store: EBAY (lol)

Fave music: Country, Christian, Oldies, Zydeco

What you can't stand: people that yell when they talk

What you plain dislike: Deliberately mean people

Who you admire: Jesus, Ghandi, people that stand by their faith

What you most love to do: Take walks, sing, draw

Your self-confessed flaws: language sometimes slips!

What intrigues/fascinates you: Forensic Science

What scares you: Losing unsaved loved ones before it's too late

Quotation to live by:

Isaiah 43:1 " I have called you by your name, you are mine."

...God [Kiss]

P.S.---I'll post my info later. [Big Grin] [Smile] [/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------
Look at the birds of the air,for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

...Matthew 6:26

Posts: 22 | From: CT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Name (that you go by): Gary

Future Aspirations: retirement, continued Bible teaching, involvement in the church

Goal in life: To hear the Lord say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Short term goals: To buy a house

Passion: To see people's lives transformed when the Spirit illuminates the scriptures through my Bible teaching.

Hobbies: Bible study, reading , the great outdoors

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Teaching reformed doctrine in a Methodist church. (For that matter, teaching the Bible in a Methodist church!)

Fave book: The Bible, of course! Non-Bible book: Pilgrim's Progress, Foxe's Book of Martyrs

Fave movie: Anything by Laurel & Hardy or the Marx Brothers

Fave sport: BASEBALL!

Fave store: Any store that sells what I want for a low price.

Fave music: Glenn Miller, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Greig, Smetana, the Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel

What you can't stand: The neighbors' loud music late at night

What you plain dislike: Rap music, and any obvious lack of creativity

Who you admire: President Bush, Ronald Reagan, John MacArthur, J.I.Packer, R.C.Sproul, most of all my parents

What you most love to do: Bible study, teaching, writing, watching the Minnesota Twins win!

Your self-confessed flaws: A temper I can't always control, procrastination

What intrigues/fascinates you: Different religious beliefs, creativity, the intricacies of the English language

What scares you: Telephones!

Quotation to live by: "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope withour wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23 NASB

BTW, Prayer Warrior, it's good to have another Minnesotan on the board. Welcome!

Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePrayerWarrior
Advanced Member
Member # 1324

Icon 16 posted      Profile for ThePrayerWarrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Name (that you go by): Jesse

Future Aspirations: To be a Christian author. I also want to get married to my long-distance g/f

Goal in life: To serve Jesus Christ alone.

Short term goals: To become a better Christian during my spring-break. My spring-break will consist of praying, reading and studying my Bible, and meditating.

Passion: Jesus Christ

Hobbies: Christianity, Asperger Autism, Conservation, & Writing

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being an excellent student and getting good grades

Fave book: The Prayer of Jesus

Fave movie: Where Jesus Walked

Fave sport: Baseball

Fave store: Echo Used CDs & Games

Fave music: Christian Contemprary Music(CCM)

What you can't stand: Fundimentalististic Christians

What you plain dislike: Pizza. It's gross!

Who you admire: Jesus Christ, Moses, Jabez, Bruce Wilkensin, J.R.R. Tolkien, George Lucas, George W. Bush, & Jennie Titus

What you most love to do: Be online talking about Christianity while at the same time listening to music

Your self-confessed flaws: Not praying enough. I am working on that though!

What intrigues/fascinates you: Christianity,

What scares you: Loosing faith in Christ Jesus my LORD & Savior

Quotation to live by: "In every Christian's life, there is one major priority. It is one thing and one thing only: Prayer. Prayer is the key to a Christian life and being Christ-like"

Posts: 51 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Name (that you go by): Bambi

Future Aspirations: it changes every sec!!

Goal in life: to stay happy/healthy

Short term goals: finish school

Passion: music

Hobbies: a little bit of everything

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): being crazy and self-con-conseated...but only in a joking way

Fave book: don't know

Fave movie: at the moment "Sweet Home Alabama"

Fave sport: basketball

Fave store: grocery store

Fave music: ROCK

What you can't stand: bossy people

What you plain dislike: rodants

Who you admire: my mommy

What you most love to do: listen to music

Your self-confessed flaws: negativity

What intrigues/fascinates you: a lot of stuff

What scares you: heights

Quotation to live by: theres a few...i'll add them later

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Posts: 298 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Name (that you go by): Cameron James Patrick

Future Aspirations: Get into the Army.

Goal in life: Command a rifle section in combat.

Short term goals: Survive financially.

Passion: The Army.

Hobbies: Movies, reading, play station 2, msn, drawing and cartoons.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself:) Saying remarkably stupid things without thinking, also my very deep singing voice.

Fave book: I don't really know, but anything by Wilbur Smith.

Fave movie: Saving Private Ryan

Fave sport: Don't have one, not interested in sport.

Fave store: Any Army disposal store.

Fave music: Heavy Metal/Death Metal

What you can't stand: Annoying children.

What you plain dislike: Hippies.

Who you admire: General Peter Cosgrove, Chief of Australia's Defence Force, and born-again Christian.

What you most love to do: Go out in the bush with only what I can carry on my back for several days.

Your self-confessed flaws: I get very depressed at failure.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Death.

What scares you: Snakes, and life.

Quotation to live by: "Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JudyithKatie
Community Member
Member # 1332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JudyithKatie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol! Yes we are quite close then...I live in Chilliwack. Most people haven't heard of it, but if you live in the area you probably have...it's where the corn comes from lol

--------------------
 - Finally.  -

Posts: 12 | From: Canada,eh! | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I do not live in Vancouver but about 50 minutes away down by the border. Now isn't that amazing? We're probably neighbors and don't know it. What a small world.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JudyithKatie
Community Member
Member # 1332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JudyithKatie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, You are very close then...I visit Vancouver often lol. It's about an hour from here. My dad is a bus-driver there, and goes in 5 days a week [Big Grin] Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad you liked my website. It still needs a lot of work though. My friend is teaching me HTML

--------------------
 - Finally.  -

Posts: 12 | From: Canada,eh! | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Judyith
Welcome to the board. I visited your website and like it very much. I am from Vancouver, BC., I see you are Canadian?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JudyithKatie
Community Member
Member # 1332

Icon 15 posted      Profile for JudyithKatie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Name (that you go by):Teresa Dawn

Occupation:I work at Supestore, and for a volunteer job I teach Sunday School

Future Aspirations:I'd love to Volunteer at the 2010 Olympics if Vancouver gets them

Goal in life:To give my love to someone in need of it

Short term goals:Be baptized and become a member of my church.

Passion:Figure Skating and Writing Novels

Hobbies:Ice Skating, Writing, Reading, watching sports on tv, playing tag or hide-and-seek with my cat, chatting with my relatives on msn

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):well with the ppl I chat with on the internet that I don't actually know, I'm famous for making them laugh...with my family and friends, for helping them out and my essential countdowns and ability to remember birthdays, and with the strangers that I run into at skating shows and competitions, I'm not sure what I'm famous for, but they all come up to introduce themselves saying they've heard so much about me and ask for a picture [Confused]

Fave book:I have a few lol. [Bible] My fav in the bible is Ruth, my other fav books not from the bible are Jane Eyre, Lord of the Rings (including the hobbit, the silmarillion, and the unfinished tales), and The Phantom of the Opera

Fave movie:The Cutting Edge, Cool Runnings, The Lord of the Rings (FOTR, and TTT)

Fave sport:Figure Skating!!!! [Big Grin] I also love triathlon, diving, swimming, track and field, hockey, basketball, soccer, bobsledding, boxing, curling (yes I'm Canadian [thumbsup] ), and equestrian..o and all those other Olympic Sports as well

Fave store:The Skating Boutique

Fave music: [boohoo.gif] Celtic, Country, Soft Rock, anything with a dance beat

What you can't stand:BLOCK JUDGING!!!! [mad2]

What you plain dislike:Sugary Food (example ice cream *shivers* Yuck!)

Who you admire:Jesus, My cousin Yvonne, and my fav athletes (Shae and Vic, Annie Pelletier, Elena and Anton, The Rigby's and o so many more)

What you most love to do:Ice Dance

Your self-confessed flaws:I need to stand up more what I believe

What intrigues/fascinates you:Quadruple Jumps and Footwork lol [Rolling]

What scares you:I don't recall being afraid of much, is it possible to be afraid of fear? [Confused]

Quotation to live by:Live your Dreams

--------------------
 - Finally.  -

ThePrayerWarrior
Advanced Member
Member # 1324

Icon 3 posted      Profile for ThePrayerWarrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all:
I decided to start a thread where members could share information about themselves. I've created a list of questions that can be answered. It's not personal or anything. This is to get to know our fellow ChristianBBS posters:

Name (that you go by):

Future Aspirations:

Goal in life:

Short term goals:

Passion:

Hobbies:

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):

Fave book:

Fave movie:

Fave sport:

Fave store:

Fave music:

What you can't stand:

What you plain dislike:

Who you admire:

What you most love to do:

Your self-confessed flaws:

What intrigues/fascinates you:

What scares you:

Quotation to live by:

P.S.---I'll post my info later. [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement