Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Denominations ???????

Author Topic: Denominations ???????
Tal
Community Member
Member # 810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true. I guess I can't really explain what kind of church I go to then. (basically, everything based on the word, only dependent on God)

I guess I'll start saying that I go to a Christian Church, although I already just say that I am a Christian when people ask what type of Christian I am.

--------------------
"Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy's will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys."
~ Screwtape

Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DENOMINATIONS: a name to identify a particular belief.

When you say I belong to a non-denominational Church, you immediately identify it as a denomination.

We seem to have to identify ourselves, in order to explain who we are.

As paul said some want to identify with this person and some with that person or I follow this belief or I follow that belief.

that's the way it goes.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tal
Community Member
Member # 810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is sad that we have denominations. I attend a non-denominational church, and yet the local paper in our city brands us "Full Gospel" just to give us a denominational name. [mad2]

--------------------
"Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy's will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys."
~ Screwtape

Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ephesians 4:

1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, F7 beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

2 Timothy 3
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

There are basic tenents of the Christian faith, which one must believe to be Christian. Those that reject the basic tenents, who add-to or take away from the Word of God, are in darkness. What fellowship hath light with darkness?

Can I fellowship with a Jehovah's Witness who denies the diety of Christ. Can I fellowship with a Mormon who teaches a multiplicity of gods, that the Father has a body of flesh and bone, who had sexual relations with Mary? Can I fellowship with a Roman Catholic whose heritage of apostasy has butchered my Brothers and Sisters down through the ages, who elevates Mary to a status of co-redemtrix, who bows before idols?

What fellowship hath light with darkness? Believers are to be unified in the Body, but cannot compromise for the sake of unity.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't care if your luthern, baptist, catholic, methodist...what ever...there's still only one god, one body and one faith [spiny]

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Posts: 298 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew Chambers
Member # 142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew Chambers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
Without the reality of the Holy Spirit you have just another religious cult a false Jesus one that has no power or reality of the True God. It will have a form of Godliness but will deny its power.

Now because the body of Christ is filled with the Holy Spirit then it has become a Holy Temple not made with the hands of men but by the hand of God and it is known as the Church. And the people that make up this Body, that is a temple and is called the Church should walk FREE and ALIVE in Jesus Christ.

With no controlling human restraints that would clearly slow down and even stop the great commission which was to go into ALL the WORLD and teach the real Gospel of the Kingdom of God and make disciples of all Nations.

So the Church are the people and not the buildings they meet in. And really when you say I go to this church or that church you are clearly dividing up the body of Christ as separate members and not one body. Now a Body separated is a mess in anyone's book. It would look like someone had dismembered that body and scattered its parts every where. What I mean is this, a human body that is dismembered i.e. an arm here and a leg over there would be a medical emergency or else it will die. Do YOU get the picture??

Satan has desired to destroy the testimony of Jesus on this earth. He has managed to divide up Christ's body as if to crucify him again and again. All the time we seek to promote our religious organisations (or the men we follow) as THE church then we will fail in our work. 1Co 1: v 12-13 where this scripture says the names of the ministers of its time, put yourself there i.e. "I go to this denomination or that Church organisation"!!

Paul preached Christ and him crucified with demonstrations of the Holy Spirit's power, so that those who would believe in him Jesus Christ would not have their faith rest on man's wisdom and religious ideas which would lead to death but rather on God's power. 1Co 1: v 17-18 and Ch 2: v 4,

This Holy Ghost power lives and moves and has his being in, on and through Jesus Christ's resurrected body who gives life and quickens OUR mortal bodies. So that we might declare and make known to the world this incredible and great salvation.

I am truly grieved when I meet a fellow believer and they ask me what Church I go to. They are really asking what denomination I am, or what church organization I go to and if I was to tell them that I was a fellow believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and am not part of any denomination or Church organization.

Then from that point on the fellowship in Christ I desired to have with them would come to an abrupt end, and a divide occurs. The divide occurs because the organized denominational church does not properly teach that the Church are God's people and not their organizations, it is the same sort of divide that was and still is between Jews and Gentiles of the world. But in Jesus Christ all dividing walls are destroyed and there is no difference between Jew, Gentile, male, female, slave or free. "We are made as one through our faith in Jesus Christ." Eph: 2 v 14-22 All dividing walls must come down in the attitude of our hearts and what we say with our mouths for a correct unity of the faith to occur. Listen to Paul's appeal 1Co 1: v 10-17. I tell you the truth God is calling his people out of and away from following man and man's way of doing things i.e. denominationalism and into his Son Jesus Christ where his Son's body is no longer dismembered.

This unity is not the same unity that the world is trying to accomplish, it is NOT an all faiths lead to God type of unity. No that type of unity is like getting a punch bowl and pouring all kinds of spirits/alcoholic drinks into and then all are taught to drink of it. That is a Spiritual punch bowl and it is full of Evil Spirits that will madden and deceive the hearts and minds of man.

The Spiritual Unity I am talking about is a unity of the ONE SPIRIT, THE HOLY SPIRIT who joins us together as one body in Jesus Christ and who unites us in love and our common bond Jesus Christ. (Not our organisation / denominations) Paul taught a unity that was in Jesus Christ and clearly taught not to build any other way.

So I also appeal to YOU please put a stop to the divisions amongst YOU by realising that the Church are the People and not the Denominations or Organizations they have built. And stop trying to associate with other believers by the Denomination or Organization you go to, but rather Just FELLOWSHIP WITH ONE ANOTHER IN JESUS CHRIST AS ONE BODY!!! This I long to see !!!

Listen, the buildings we build and the names we give our ministries are fine as long as they do not dismember Jesus Christ's body. As long as all are taught and reminded that the Church are God's Children. And the buildings etc are purely there for the service of God's Children, then you would be building as a wise Child of God.

Listen again, Jesus Christ is our plumb line and anything that does not correctly line up with him should be thrown out as false and seen as antichrist.

You see Paul warns us to be careful how we build on the foundations of Jesus Christ 1Co 3: v 10-16.

http://www.bkfree.com/bfm/page6.html

God bless you all
Andy

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 3 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
Free download = My Findings Of Jesus The Love Of God. www.bkfree.com/sots/page3.html
www.bkfree.com

Posts: 5 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement